Mazda CX-30

Stratovarius

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Can the Forester, Nissan QQ and Vezel even come close to the CX30 in terms of absolute design and build quality and refinement? Not by a long shot.

These competitors only wins in cabin and cargo space.

So this CX30 quality and refinement is better? Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Can do $121k for the Lux model if you are really keen.

But the price is just $5000 difference from the CX5 Premium. But CX30 active safety features are full suite as compared to CX5.. CX5 lacking lane departure warning, AEB, rear traffic warning. 

I understand TEK's strategy over the past year now.  This time last year, TEK was selling the CX5 2.0 Premium for $116k.  1/4 way through 2019, that price increased by some $20-30k, because they 'updated' the car.  The only thing they did was add ventilated seats, AC/AA and 360 degree camera.  Nowhere worth $30k increase in cost. Turns out they were just preparing the pricing to position the CX-30. 

Went to go see the car at the carshow.  I don't think it's a particularly good looking car.  While I love the looks of the CX9, the CX5 and new Mazda3 are growing old on me, and the CX-30 is a mix of the two.  No doubt, they are beautiful cars, but because they are becoming common sights on the road, it just doesn't interest me anymore. 

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Mazda is giving customers who preferred everything including the kitchen sink to be included in the car, and of cos, absolute refinement, design, driveabiity as main points. 

You can always choose a Toyota or Nissan in SG if paying big bucks for an empty shell with outdated engines is your cup of tea. Downgrade to your competitor levels is not going to make you stand out among your competitors...

While I think that the Mazda brand has better driveability and quality than the normal 'Japanese' brands, I personally think the pricing doesn't justify the difference.  In other countries, Mazda differentiates against Honda, Toyota etc using those qualities, but still prices competitively to those brands.   But in SG, TEK is demanding a extra 20-30k over other Japanese/Korean equivalents, but Mazda still doesn't have the brand recognition here either.  Made worse still by the fact that it's now seen as the PHV car brand.  Mazda isn't yet a Lexus or Infiniti, even if it aspires to be one.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, GTO-1 said:

I understand TEK's strategy over the past year now.  This time last year, TEK was selling the CX5 2.0 Premium for $116k.  1/4 way through 2019, that price increased by some $20-30k, because they 'updated' the car.  The only thing they did was add ventilated seats, AC/AA and 360 degree camera.  Nowhere worth $30k increase in cost. Turns out they were just preparing the pricing to position the CX-30. 

Went to go see the car at the carshow.  I don't think it's a particularly good looking car.  While I love the looks of the CX9, the CX5 and new Mazda3 are growing old on me, and the CX-30 is a mix of the two.  No doubt, they are beautiful cars, but because they are becoming common sights on the road, it just doesn't interest me anymore. 

While I think that the Mazda brand has better driveability and quality than the normal 'Japanese' brands, I personally think the pricing doesn't justify the difference.  In other countries, Mazda differentiates against Honda, Toyota etc using those qualities, but still prices competitively to those brands.   But in SG, TEK is demanding a extra 20-30k over other Japanese/Korean equivalents, but Mazda still doesn't have the brand recognition here either.  Made worse still by the fact that it's now seen as the PHV car brand.  Mazda isn't yet a Lexus or Infiniti, even if it aspires to be one.

Because TEK also brings in Porsche, Rolls Royce, MG.

They may have forgotten that Mazda usually caters to the mass-market rather than those who desire a status symbol that coincidentally has 4 wheels and an engine.

But the general feel I get with Mazda is that the prices tend to be more attractive at launch, and thereafter it just goes north. List price at least.

I drove a Lexus ES 250 recently when my Mazda 6 was in for repairs. Agree that Mazda still has ways to go before it can match the Lex in terms of refinement and comfort. But honestly, it's fairly close, at an $40k difference.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, DK3410 said:

Because TEK also brings in Porsche, Rolls Royce, MG.

They may have forgotten that Mazda usually caters to the mass-market rather than those who desire a status symbol that coincidentally has 4 wheels and an engine.

But the general feel I get with Mazda is that the prices tend to be more attractive at launch, and thereafter it just goes north. List price at least.

I drove a Lexus ES 250 recently when my Mazda 6 was in for repairs. Agree that Mazda still has ways to go before it can match the Lex in terms of refinement and comfort. But honestly, it's fairly close, at an $40k difference.

I actually think the Mazda6 is pretty competitively priced today. Also think the cx9 is pretty well priced (at least for Singapore). 

But the way things are going, I see the Mazda6 prices going up in the next iteration, to forceably put it in a different bracket to the Mazda3.  Which itself climbed from the 80k mark to the 100k mark with the latest iteration.

Edited by GTO-1

3 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

TEK need to strip the car down and price it correctly, otherwise pointless.

lmao mazda got everything, people complain too expensive. toyota got nothing, people complain too expensive. how to win sia..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

16 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

I actually think the Mazda6 is pretty competitively priced today. Also think the cx9 is pretty well priced (at least for Singapore). 

But the way things are going, I see the Mazda6 prices going up in the next iteration, to forceably put it in a different bracket to the Mazda3.  Which itself climbed from the 80k mark to the 100k mark with the latest iteration.

If you know the OMV of Mazda 6, be it the 2L or 2.5L, you won't be making this statement liao LOL :D 

Its much lower than the CX30, CX5. In fact, Mazda 3 Astina model has higher OMV than the Mazda 6 2L Premium

5 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

If you know the OMV of Mazda 6, be it the 2L or 2.5L, you won't be making this statement liao LOL :D 

Its much lower than the CX30, CX5. In fact, Mazda 3 Astina model has higher OMV than the Mazda 6 2L Premium

Omv close to 20k for the 6.

16 hours ago, alfakidz85 said:

Where is the cx-30 made from? Thailand? 

I think all mazda cars are made in japan except mazda 2 sedan?!

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think all mazda cars are made in japan except mazda 2 sedan?!

sgcarmart still showing japan for all.

only two locations i've seen people get from are mexico (usa markets) and japan. not sure what countries source from thailand. i suppose their local stock maybe?

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Point taken on the low OMV of Mz6 but on the flip side, I always wonder how come a MIJ 2litre Mz6 has a comparable OMV of a MIT Toyota Altis 1.6litre?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Point taken on the low OMV of Mz6 but on the flip side, I always wonder how come a MIJ 2litre Mz6 has a comparable OMV of a MIT Toyota Altis 1.6litre?

It’s more profitable for manufacturers 

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It’s more profitable for manufacturers 

Yup. Toyota and any other manufacturers who setup shop in 3rd world countries needs to earn more. By selling their products at 'Japs prices' coupled with much lower operating cost, their own profit margin will increase considerably

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

sgcarmart still showing japan for all.

only two locations i've seen people get from are mexico (usa markets) and japan. not sure what countries source from thailand. i suppose their local stock maybe?

SGCM was never known for their accuracy la Mazda 2 is from Thailand

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

The CX-9 would be better priced if not for the 20K VES surcharge.  I watch some car reviews from Australia and it is priced near that of a Honda Odyssey.

If CX-8 has to be successful, the VES would play a key factor... (I think)

6 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Didn't know that! I'm sure it annoys the AD's that the government publicly publishes OMV of vehicles.  For me at least, it makes me feel better knowing that my money is going more to the car, instead of the dealer margin.  Yes, I know the OMV still have profit margin from manufacturer to the AD, but AD's in Singapore have margins that are way too high in general.

22 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

The CX-9 would be better priced if not for the 20K VES surcharge.  I watch some car reviews from Australia and it is priced near that of a Honda Odyssey.

If CX-8 has to be successful, the VES would play a key factor... (I think)

Well the CX-8 uses the name engine as the Mazda6 2.5 and the CX-5 Lux.  Both have a 10k VES Surcharge, so I would probably say that the CX-8 will probably also get a 10k surcharge.

↡ Advertisement