I’am 2020 Hyundai Palisade - Let’s Drive!

AsianPetrolhead

You have asked for Hyundai Palisade Review, so we are delivering.  Sorry, it took so long, it was hard to get one!  It’s the twin brother of Kia Telluride.  Is it replacement of Santa Fe XL or Hyundai Veracruz?  Let’s find out!

And please do support us by subscribing to our channel.  Thank you!

2020 Hyundai Paliase Review

-3.8L Gasoline: 295hp@6,000 | 261lb.ft@5,200
-8 Speed Automatic
-196.1x77.8x68.9x114.2(inch)
-245/50R20 | 245/50R20

Competition: Kia Telluride, Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer

post-273792-0-62535300-1551940683_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I am actually hoping this car gets to sell in Singapore.

As a potential buyer and a trusted owner of 2 ex korean rides and my wife's now 9mths old I30. (its not a bad ride afterall for I30, but my only dislike for most Korean cars is that their interior is always blackish/ greyish for Singapore market). Come on. Give us options, I like a beige/ cream/ brown interior... I dun think its just me, but most buyers would like someting more fun looking than just 1 tone.

My proposal for Komocco:

1) Bring in the 2.2Diesel like Philippines. High road tax, never mind lar. the 3.8CC petrol road tax also kills us more plus the FC kills totally, thus 2.2diesel is the way to go.

2) Bring in options for interior. I particularly like the beige/creamy white interiors with wood trims. This combo makes the car looks super posh and expensive looking. Its almost or maybe even better looking than the Mercs E-Class interior. (and yes E-class interior looks better in walnut, cream and brown than all black too)

3) Factory fitted leather seats.

4) Apple car play, android auto a must have also

5) FWD will do, AWD honestly wasted on Singapore roads

6) Those standards features in the SEL line will be good

7) Memory seats

😎 Of coz pricing. Hehe... It seems to cost a little more than Audi Q3 in USA. And if it maintains that kind of range. This will be a seller.

You will see some mercs e-class guys going over to this Palisade who needs to fetch 6 to 7 pax but do not want to drive a van liked car.

U get some MPV drivers over, those Alphards drivers will appreciate this Palisade.

cheers

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

As a potential buyer and a trusted owner of 2 ex korean rides and my wife's now 9mths old I30. (its not a bad ride afterall for I30, but my only dislike for most Korean cars is that their interior is always blackish/ greyish for Singapore market). Come on. Give us options, I like a beige/ cream/ brown interior... I dun think its just me, but most buyers would like someting more fun looking than just 1 tone.

My proposal for Komocco:

1) Bring in the 2.2Diesel like Philippines. High road tax, never mind lar. the 3.8CC petrol road tax also kills us more plus the FC kills totally, thus 2.2diesel is the way to go.

2) Bring in options for interior. I particularly like the beige/creamy white interiors with wood trims. This combo makes the car looks super posh and expensive looking. Its almost or maybe even better looking than the Mercs E-Class interior. (and yes E-class interior looks better in walnut, cream and brown than all black too)

7) Memory seats

😎 Of coz pricing. Hehe... It seems to cost a little more than Audi Q3 in USA. And if it maintains that kind of range. This will be a seller.

You will see some mercs e-class guys going over to this Palisade who needs to fetch 6 to 7 pax but do not want to drive a van liked car.

U get some MPV drivers over, those Alphards drivers will appreciate this Palisade.

cheers

If this is priced at Fortuner level, it has the potential to do well.

This blows the Fortuner away.

Approximately 160-170k would be palatable

And yes, please have the diesel.

Supercharged
58 minutes ago, Brass said:

If this is priced at Fortuner level, it has the potential to do well.

This blows the Fortuner away.

Approximately 160-170k would be palatable

And yes, please have the diesel.

Yeah man,

Beats the fortuna anytime

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hey komocco.

We dun mind if you cand bring in nappa leather seats n wraps. They looks so much better and yes with wood trim too  n wahlah. Can forget totally about alphards n e class

12 hours ago, Spurman said:

Hey komocco.

We dun mind if you cand bring in nappa leather seats n wraps. They looks so much better and yes with wood trim too  n wahlah. Can forget totally about alphards n e class

The market needs more educated supporters like you. The problem is that the mindset here still have the same old branding perception. The EXACT same nappa leather - people expect it to cost a lot less when put in a Hyundai vs a Japanese or Conti.

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
12 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

This "AsiaPetrolHead" is a Korean youtuber.

Interesting he actually bought some advert time here in MCF....

Yes. Seen his videos. Unbias reviews.

And yes too. He owns a palisade too..

On 4/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, Spurman said:

My proposal for Komocco:

7) Memory seats

cheers

Sadly due to LTA's push for environmental friendly vehicles, not much diesel vehicles are available now.

Diesel fc is great even for heavy traffic or heavy foot!

This is a huge car... do we really need something so big? Waste a lot of fuel just trying to get it to move off from standstill leh...

36 minutes ago, teomingern said:

This is a huge car... do we really need something so big? Waste a lot of fuel just trying to get it to move off from standstill leh...

Same as why people drive Alphard, Q8, etc I guess

Supercharged
1 hour ago, chubbs said:

I tink i prefer to drive pallaside than alphard anytime.

Pallaside seems to give me thr impression its good to drive it and being driven around too. Whereas alphard is good at being driven around

On 5/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, chubbs said:

Hmmm... I mean if you need a people mover I can understand... but these huge SUVs don't really serve any purpose in our urban landscape lor... ha ha... just my sentiment lar...

(edited)

just another family sized cornflakes cereal box with 50% extra free zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nobody cares

Edited by Mr_b20

Supersonic
On 5/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, teomingern said:

When I see a huge car, high CC, left hand steering and diesel,  my conclusion is that car not for sgp market.  Skip.

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

When I see a huge car, high CC, left hand steering and diesel,  my conclusion is that car not for sgp market.  Skip.

Same same...