Marbella DashCam Users

ianest

(edited)

Questions

1) Tried to change my cam wifi SID from mobile app but got an error saying i am not connected by wifi...?

Obviously I'm connect or i would not be able to access the app at all.

Anybody know how to resolve the "not connect via wifi" error?

2) For those who connect cam direct to car batt, how long did cam last before shutdown and what voltage cutoff did u set?

Edited by ianest
↡ Advertisement

Questions

1) Tried to change my cam wifi SID from mobile app but got an error saying i am not connected by wifi...?

2) For those who connect cam direct to car batt, how long did cam last before shutdown and what voltage cutoff did u set?

1. Have you tried to turn off "wifi assist" (iphone)?

If not, try to turn off this mode and  turn off "Wifi Assist". Erase the stored information of the dashcam's Wi-Fi in your smartphone's Wi-Fi settings. After that try to turn OFF the dashcam's Wi-Fi. Wait for 10~15 seconds and press the button once again to turn it back on. Now turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi and try to connect to the dashcam.

If above doesn't solve the issue, Reset the dashcam's Wi-Fi password  or upgrade the dashcam's firmware and try again.

(edited)

OIC. Was wondering why the image shift left and right when i click the button, didn't even realise the image was inverted horizontally.  [laugh]

"no on the rear camera device itself there is a switch on it. just switch it for the non mirror image."

Didn't realise there is a button on the rear cam as well. thanks for the note!

Switch on rear cam to do horizontal invert of image.

post-193667-0-48554300-1563592472_thumb.jpg

Edited by ianest
  • Praise 1

1. Have you tried to turn off "wifi assist" (iphone)?

If not, try to turn off this mode and  turn off "Wifi Assist". Erase the stored information of the dashcam's Wi-Fi in your smartphone's Wi-Fi settings. After that try to turn OFF the dashcam's Wi-Fi. Wait for 10~15 seconds and press the button once again to turn it back on. Now turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi and try to connect to the dashcam.

If above doesn't solve the issue, Reset the dashcam's Wi-Fi password  or upgrade the dashcam's firmware and try again.

Thanks. will try.

Questions

add to above question.

3) my car is in parked mode at least 22 hours a day (office is 15 min drive from home). i've set park mode sensitivity to lowest, park mode data storage to highest % and resolution at FHD (reluctant to go HD mode as image quite blur)

the lowest sensitivity still records every minute as long as there was a car driving pass or pedestrian walking nearby so much so that my card only manage to record 8 hours of parking and overwrite early footage.

a) how do i tell the difference between high and low sensitivity if both records every time there is movement?

b) anyway to increase park mode data storage % from the pre-set format?

4) do u guys experience when accessing carcam, wifi sometime disconnects. must exit app and open app again to access dashcam?

Anybody as solution to rectify this issue?

On 7/2/2019 at 11:42 AM, Naimed said:

Had the KR6S for a year plus - chose it due to the smaller size of the front and back cameras and also the recording file format. The KR6S never shut down on me even in hot weather because the control box is installed in a cool place. However, if given a choice again, I will lean towards a Blackvue or iroad, which I had previously and they had better video quality. Price wise, the KR6S is a lot cheaper than the Blackvue (DR750). iroad (V9S2) is in between. 

Recently my KR6S begin to have gaps between recordings (normal and event, running in sequence). The missing 10 secs gap (both front and rear videos) was for a near-miss by a car who was tailgating me.

Will be looking out for Yi or 70mai dashcams since I seldom drive the car these day. Hopefully some promos during Comex if not will be shopping from the usual online stores.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, Naimed said:

Recently my KR6S begin to have gaps between recordings (normal and event, running in sequence). The missing 10 secs gap (both front and rear videos) was for a near-miss by a car who was tailgating me.

Will be looking out for Yi or 70mai dashcams since I seldom drive the car these day. Hopefully some promos during Comex if not will be shopping from the usual online stores.

Have not been checking the recordings until i read your post.

Indeed, i have huge gaps in recordings here and there.

Will monitor for a couple of days more if problem persist.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, ianest said:

Have not been checking the recordings until i read your post.

Indeed, i have huge gaps in recordings here and there.

Will monitor for a couple of days more if problem persist.

Hi, are you using a micro sd that is recommended by Marbella ? Writing speed of the micro sd card may have caused such gaps. 

Any other feedback on these dashcams? Thinking of getting one of them.  Can it be wired to a battery pack?

Edited by Rcaero

Anybody using marbella Kr8s, have issues connecting to its wifi? Just noticed that my camera light was no wonder flashing, and all the lights are permanently on. Tried to search for its wifi on my marbella app but cant find. Totally no idea how to use it now.

anyone using a kr8s have prob with the image quality?

mine is very blurry and grainy, I basically cant see the no. plate of moving vehicle under low light (carpark) or when I am on expressway

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Rbthx0408 said:

anyone using a kr8s have prob with the image quality?

mine is very blurry and grainy, I basically cant see the no. plate of moving vehicle under low light (carpark) or when I am on expressway

it's quite common for a lot of car cams unable to capture car plate under low light or fast speed, need to get a better cam. Used to have a marbella mx6 but quality quite bad. Even the cheap xiaomi 70mai at $50 is so much better, beats a lot of car cam available in the market also

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Dafansu said:

it's quite common for a lot of car cams unable to capture car plate under low light or fast speed, need to get a better cam. Used to have a marbella mx6 but quality quite bad. Even the cheap xiaomi 70mai at $50 is so much better, beats a lot of car cam available in the market also

ya....i actually came over from 70mai and I was quite surprised with the quality of marbella considering the price premium..the video download is more of a hassle too...got the kr8s coz I wanted the 2channel and 24hr recording...but this recording is as good as nv record😞

Hi guys. 

I recently installed kr6s. Anyone has issue sharing the file thru WhatsApp after download? Mine only affects front cam. Back cam no issue to share on WhatsApp. 

Formatted sdcard this morning, still the same. 

(edited)
On 12/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, kenontwos said:

Anybody using marbella Kr8s, have issues connecting to its wifi? Just noticed that my camera light was no wonder flashing, and all the lights are permanently on. Tried to search for its wifi on my marbella app but cant find. Totally no idea how to use it now.

For KR6S, search for WIFI via hp wifi app, not via marbella app.

Once hp connected to marbella cam wifi, marbella app will detect and connect.

23 hours ago, Mancypher said:

Hi guys. 

I recently installed kr6s. Anyone has issue sharing the file thru WhatsApp after download? Mine only affects front cam. Back cam no issue to share on WhatsApp. 

Formatted sdcard this morning, still the same. 

Didn't try with whatsapp but i upload to google drive had no problem.

Edited by ianest

On 7/8/2020 at 11:17 PM, ianest said:

For KR6S, search for WIFI via hp wifi app, not via marbella app.

Once hp connected to marbella cam wifi, marbella app will detect and connect.

Didn't try with whatsapp but i upload to google drive had no problem.

Yup I upload to google photos no issue. Only WhatsApp cannot. Haven't try telegram though 

Sorry, noob question on KR6S. 
I can’t seem to find the wifi password...

dealer install this dash cam for me, never teach me how to use. Lol

Edited by Tohwankoon

10 minutes ago, mnle said:

just installed a dash cam from Katavina, can record in parking mode, provide great vision at night. Worth every penny!!!!!!

I am going to buy from Katavina. If my current cheap and good DDPai Mini 2 stops working and after my cheap and good DDPai 4k UHD SPARE dash cam spoilt also. Both with parking mode of course.

↡ Advertisement