"24 Hour Security" ? What Do You Expect?

5kylark

Those who frequent, looking to buy, rent, live or stay in private apartments or condos, what do you expect?

What is "24 Hour Security".

Got number to call in case of emergency and help endeavours to arrive within 15 mins considered?

Having as many CCTVs as units yet no known policy, procedures and management known? When requests made, response is only for alleged criminal acts?

Is the phrase too loosely defined that agents may wantonly use to attract viewing?

In this time and age, in Singapore, with managing agent and cleaning staff on site, are security guards needed?

>

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Why don’t you tell us a little about your background and what your objective is? You seem to be doing “surveys” for property, if you want a little help, you can ask for it. Because this is a car forum after all.

Generally people are helpful, but it is getting very suspicious with your posts.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2714464-managing-agents-to-be-wary-of/?p=6630579

• Praise 5

Why donât you tell us a little about your background and what your objective is? You seem to be doing âsurveysâ for property, if you want a little help, you can ask for it. Because this is a car forum after all.

Generally people are helpful, but it is getting very suspicious with your posts.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2714464-managing-agents-to-be-wary-of/?p=6630579

Totally agree

Have him on watch list as is

• Praise 1

When they indicate 24hr Security. I expect an armed security guard at my door step.

Side note. Been to 1 of the condo in central Singapore, every lobby in the basement carpark, there is someone to greet, open the car door and etc for you,

Edited by UncleAtas
  • Praise 2

Why don’t you tell us a little about your background and what your objective is? You seem to be doing “surveys” for property, if you want a little help, you can ask for it. Because this is a car forum after all.

Just be objective and stick to the point?  My background and such is not needed la.

I see ADs with "24 Hour Security" and found that it is very loosely used.

Generally, when "24 Hour Security" is stated in ADs, what is a reasonable expectation in 2019SG?

Needs change with time and even SPF are using robots to support them due to staff constraints.

For any industrial or residential MCST with "24 Hour Security" as a stated feature, what do you expect?

>

Totally agree

Have him on watch list as is

Huh?

You moderator feel that I should be on Watch List for posting in Property Buzz?

Duh...

• Dislike 2

Just be objective and stick to the point? My background and such is not needed la.

I see ADs with "24 Hour Security" and found that it is very loosely used.

Generally, when "24 Hour Security" is stated in ADs, what is a reasonable expectation in 2019SG?

Needs change with time and even SPF are using robots to support them due to staff constraints.

For any industrial or residential MCST with "24 Hour Security" as a stated feature, what do you expect?

>

Go to a property forum, not here, you seem to be trying to make a point there is something wrong, building up what you think are opinions to favor you, then perhaps using it to push your point. But this is a car forum, coming into a forum like this and pushing your property agenda is correct?

What is your objective and agenda, just spit it out and see how many support you. Start a poll even if that’s what you aim to do, but your going around trying to sway opinions on property feels “political”. The mods here are pretty no nonsense when it comes to personal agenda and petty politics.

Asking about your background because generally you don’t give but only take, in particular only on property and stirring it. So what is your objective and agenda?

Where I am heading is, IF something happens in the MCST which purportedly has "24 Hour Security".  How acceptable is it that footage is not provided?

Or since this is a Car Forum, would it be reasonable for any user of the car park (public or private), to expect that the CCTVs in the car park be working when incidents occur?

When I intentionally park within the coverage of the CCTVs and in a brightly lit spot, when vandalism occurs, 

a.  it is reasonable to want to view the footage and have it availed?

or

b.  only the police can view the footage?

Delve into PRIVATE MCST, 

1.  who owns the CCTVs?

2.  who owns the footage?

3.  What is the right of access?

Hope moderators appreciate there is nothing sinister here.

>

Go to a property forum, not here, you seem to be trying to make a point there is something wrong, building up what you think are opinions to favor you, then perhaps using it to push your point. But this is a car forum, coming into a forum like this and pushing your property agenda is correct?

What is your objective and agenda, just spit it out and see how many support you. Start a poll even if that’s what you aim to do, but your going around trying to sway opinions on property feels “political”. The mods here are pretty no nonsense when it comes to personal agenda and petty politics.

Asking about your background because generally you don’t give but only take, in particular only on property and stirring it. So what is your objective and agenda?

errr... there is no one forum for chatting about everything?

So this forum is strictly on cars and related?  Duh?

Who owns this forum?

You are free to IGNORE if you cannot contribute to a FORUM.

Where I am heading is, IF something happens in the MCST which purportedly has "24 Hour Security". How acceptable is it that footage is not provided?

Or since this is a Car Forum, would it be reasonable for any user of the car park (public or private), to expect that the CCTVs in the car park be working when incidents occur?

When I intentionally park within the coverage of the CCTVs and in a brightly lit spot, when vandalism occurs,

a. it is reasonable to want to view the footage and have it availed?

or

b. only the police can view the footage?

Delve into PRIVATE MCST,

1. who owns the CCTVs?

2. who owns the footage?

3. What is the right of access?

>

So this forum is strictly on cars and related? Duh?

Who owns this forum?

>

Chatting about everything is correct, you are not.

This forum is a car forum for a reason, mainly... guess what... cars

Who owns this forum... SPH? Pretty sure you know that? Maybe not

You are right about contribution, check my posts, I think it is quite clear if you want to draw the line about contribution, who has contributed more than the other.

Again your posts are generally all take and little to no give. Pretty sure others can see it too, say what you like. I will leave you be.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Chatting about everything is correct, you are not.

This forum is a car forum for a reason, mainly... guess what... cars

Who owns this forum... SPH? Pretty sure you know that? Maybe not

You are right about contribution, check my posts, I think it is quite clear if you want to draw the line about contribution, who has contributed more than the other.

Again your posts are generally all take and little to no give. Pretty sure others can see it too, say what you like. I will leave you be.

You do better staying away from this post.

If there is no input, this thread will die a natural death.

This is Property Buzz duh 

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2633346-forum-rules-guidelines/

>

Edited by 5kylark

Where I am heading is, IF something happens in the MCST which purportedly has "24 Hour Security".  How acceptable is it that footage is not provided?

Or since this is a Car Forum, would it be reasonable for any user of the car park (public or private), to expect that the CCTVs in the car park be working when incidents occur?

a.  it is reasonable to want to view the footage and have it availed?

or

b.  only the police can view the footage?

Delve into PRIVATE MCST, 

1.  who owns the CCTVs?

2.  who owns the footage?

3.  What is the right of access?

>

So this forum is strictly on cars and related?  Duh?

Who owns this forum?

Since you ask direct questions, I give you some direct answers.

1. 24 hours security means nothing. You can have 24 hours security guards, but they can't be at all places at once, crimes can still take place within a private estate and no witnesses.

2. CCTVs also means nothing. There is no law saying that CCTVs must work 100% of the time, neither does it say CCTVs must cover 100% of the estate.

3. When vandalism happens while you are parked within sight of a CCTV, doesn't give you absolute right to request for footage. Some MCSTs require police report, others require payment of admin fee to carry out a search. And paying doesn't guarantee you a footage either. See point 2.

4. Bonus reply: CCTVs in a private estate are meant to defend against crime or vandalism or trespassing to MCST common property, they are not your personal security. Same goes for security guards, they are there to ensure visitors are there for legitimate reasons, and everyone behaves in a civil manner. They are not there to ensure your home doesn't get broken into.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Since you ask direct questions, I give you some direct answers.

1. 24 hours security means nothing. You can have 24 hours security guards, but they can't be at all places at once, crimes can still take place within a private estate and no witnesses.

2. CCTVs also means nothing. There is no law saying that CCTVs must work 100% of the time, neither does it say CCTVs must cover 100% of the estate.

3. When vandalism happens while you are parked within sight of a CCTV, doesn't give you absolute right to request for footage. Some MCSTs require police report, others require payment of admin fee to carry out a search. And paying doesn't guarantee you a footage either. See point 2.

4. Bonus reply: CCTVs in a private estate are meant to defend against crime or vandalism or trespassing to MCST common property, they are not your personal security. Same goes for security guards, they are there to ensure visitors are there for legitimate reasons, and everyone behaves in a civil manner. They are not there to ensure your home doesn't get broken into.

Hi Alpha78

Thank you for the input.

I agree that 'security' is a deterrent only and incidents may still occur.

Example in a shopping centre where there are guards and CCTVs, things still occur.

May I then direct it to a Residential Apartment, where the agent advertises "24 Hour Security"

What are your expectations?

>

Edited by 5kylark
  • Praise 1

Hi Alpha78

Thank you for the input.

I agree that 'security' is a deterrent only and incidents may still occur.

Example in a shopping centre where there are guards and CCTVs, things still occur.

May I then direct it to a Residential Apartment, where the agent advertises "24 Hour Security"

What are your expectations?

>

What are your expectations regarding such security?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1