Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

Twincharged

lol that's really just beside TTSH. beside the entrance to the A&E carpark

Great for Doctors and hospital staff.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

is this condo worthy ? I heard the PSF for Garden is higher ... Aff about 1.5k++

Affinity land price is about $100psf cheaper, but the TOP is like 2024 for affinity vs 2021 for gardens

• Praise 2

Affinity land price is about $100psf cheaper, but the TOP is like 2024 for affinity vs 2021 for gardens

waaaa so late ...... Maybe I no more on Earth by then .  [lipsrsealed]  

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

450sqft is a LUXURY unit for 1br ... tsk tsk tsk

we should follow HK to build 200sqft 1br ... huat ah!

400+sqft current norm for 1br, with ahgong rule avg 70sqm.

Future 200sqft also sure got demand ... piak piak 1br [:p] huat ah!

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

lol that's really just beside TTSH. beside the entrance to the A&E carpark

Hearsay its bad juju to stay near hospital, but then on a brighter note ... easy access [lipsrsealed][:p]
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

is this condo worthy ? I heard the PSF for Garden is higher ... Aff about 1.5k++

Diff ppl diff views, how to define worthy ... for the buyers there confirm worthy [laugh]

post-18880-0-16862100-1527855177.jpg

post-18880-0-19049100-1527855183.jpg

• Praise 3

Year to date, there are over 40 enbloc sites, but over 20 sites saw their tender closed without a single bidder.

Developers are now turning cautious after seeing only one bidder for the government land sales at silat avenue in late April. Wee Cho Yaw (via uol) was the sole bidder at $1b ($1137psf) for that 990k sf GFA site.

• Praise 6

Twincharged
(edited)

Year to date, there are over 40 enbloc sites, but over 20 sites saw their tender closed without a single bidder.

Developers are now turning cautious after seeing only one bidder for the government land sales at silat avenue in late April. Wee Cho Yaw (via uol) was the sole bidder at $1b ($1137psf) for that 990k sf GFA site.

That site has specific building requirements that very few developers can qualify at the moment. Prefab if I am not mistaken, which UOL has used to build Clement Canopy.

For traditional building methods the bidding will be more than 10. Look out for Dairy Farm site.

20 out of 40 enbloc site is still excellent results. Remember that the sellers were asking for exorbitant prices setting benchmark land records for their vicinity and some actually close dozens of % higher than those asking prices.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

Lots of new sites being released..

let's hope it helps cool the market ..

It's not fun paying 1600 psf for a small ulu place ..

• Praise 2

its fun seeing your D10 place cheaper than serangoon....

• Praise 2

Twincharged

its fun seeing your D10 place cheaper than serangoon....

In many cases it is quantum play rather than psf play.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Developers can now pick and choose. Usually they bid to have continuous projects running - just to make sure their workers remain employed after one project finish. They wouldn't bid for more projects or higher prices than they can chew. Hence some new sales sites TOP may be later because the main contractor team haven't finish their last project.

Edited by retrozz
  • Praise 3

Yes, a good read for keen buyers, save some homework, for more detailed info (balcony/ac ledge size) can always go down to site.

How not to be small sizes, high psf/quantum play being the norm now.

To be interesting to watch, to gauge how strong the pent-up demand truly is...

2 new launches within close proximity, totaling 1,600+ units though not sure how many units release for phase 1, both launch around same time, during the June school holiday month, not your typical new launch/buying season and at high psf.

So bearing in mind the above mentioned, if can even manage to sell 50%, i would deem that a very good result.

Chiong ah! [:p]

To me - small sizes so as to  affordable indicates that the purchasing power is not there. Buyers may be buying an inferior product. I once went to a colleague's housewarming- 400sq feet+. Really tight space. 

June holidays aside..

do you think this writer is making sense?

Mr Paul Ho, chief mortgage consultant at icompareloan.com noted that Core Central Region (CCR) comprising of Districts 1, 2, 10 and 11 besides District 9, has risen less compared to Rest of Central Region (RCR) for many years now, and that the price differential is narrowing.

“Either RCR is overpriced or CCR is underpriced. For investors who are looking at superlatives, definitely the best of the best will do. Savvy investors (those who already have more than 1 property) will stay away from the market as the prices are crazy and the fundamentals are weak and there is huge supply in the pipeline.

“Current investors, such as those that bought the New Futura comprise mainly of foreigners. I doubt how they will recover their investment given the low rental yields, rising interest costs.

“I got a sense that it is more a portfolio diversification play given that they feel bullish about the Singapore Property market – given that the malaise of over supply has been digested for many years.

“The situation is nowhere as dire. So, this is more about the confidence and the sentiments. The fundamentals of the Singapore property market remains weak.”

Mr Ho believes that value buys in the property market right now are are landed inter-terrace houses which’s per square feet price on the built-up area is usually less than $1000.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4