Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

Twincharged

I do see the appeal of such small units especially for young couples, individuals and retirees cos it easier to maintain/clean and has facilities within the development. 

For me, large living is not something I want cos my family do not use living at all and we don't watch TV.  We spend more time together in kitchen or dining room. [;)]

No need to worry. There are still HDB flats, rent until they can afford to buy their own place or work overseas if the prospect is better than here.

living and dining is also smaller than a HDB.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

a 338sf 2-bedroom condo in HK

My Preambree skool maths also no no how 2 kalkulate 338 sq ft now , @Radx oso no no how 2 kalkulate 1 Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

My Preambree skool maths also no no how 2 kalkulate 338 sq ft now , @Radx oso no no how 2 kalkulate 1

dei..u hv farkinsons ah...how cum u alwes edit edit edit ha...then i kanna tag many many x...

go pcc more like @dach

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

• Praise 2

Twincharged

My Preambree skool maths also no no how 2 kalkulate 338 sq ft now , @Radx oso no no how 2 kalkulate 1

for partygoers Die Hard Fans...

Standing room only  [bigcry]   [crazy]

dei..u hv farkinsons ah...how cum u alwes edit edit edit ha...then i kanna tag many many x...

go pcc more like @dach

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

PCC - play chinese chess at void deck ?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

go pcc more like @dach

:grin::grin::grin:

Soli lah .... hand shaking sumthing
  • Praise 2

Soli lah .... hand shaking sumthingð u call that Farkinson ?? OIC

My new disease under the DSMXX

IMO Stirling is good. Better than that ulu Tampines one, and the other in Clementi.. even if it costs more, it's a better bet.

Yes Stirling good but price? Suspect at least $2k psf?

As always, location plays big part in any home purchase and Stirling is an established area so bound to be ex unfortunately.

• Praise 6

Yes Stirling good but price? Suspect at least $2k psf?

As always, location plays big part in any home purchase and Stirling is an established area so bound to be ex unfortunately.

IIRC, it's under 2k, but that area is nice... just that the Commonwealth Rd in front of it will be pretty jammed at rush hour when all the condos are up.

Margaret Drive on the side will be even worse.. the actual site is slightly shielded from the MRT noises by the condo in front of it - Queens, and there are alternate routes in from the Queensway Road, so it's a nice place, and there are nice views of the Kent Ridge area if the facing is good.

Those chaps staying at Queens will be pretty pleased, their condo value probably went up too..

• Praise 1

Twincharged

a 338sf 2-bedroom condo in HK

Your arm span is approximately ones height. An adult male in sg is approx 1.7m or 5ft 7in.

So stretch out your arms to feel how big the rooms are! Hahha.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Enbloc fever

2007 nearly sold for $500mil

2018 asking $1.1bil, more than double or above 100% price increase

99LH-I thought should be cheaper when lease rundown, how come now price up double?? [:p]

Lucky to not have sold and stay vested? ;)

:D

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/blocked-in-2009-horizon-towers-goes-on-collective-sale-again-with-11b-reserve

Blocked in 2009, Horizon Towers goes on collective sale again with $1.1b reserve price

July 4, 2018

Back in 2009, Horizon Towers was to be collectively sold for S$500 million but the sale was overturned.

Built in the late 1970s, the 99-year leasehold development comprises 211 units in two towers.

Horizon Towers nearly sold in 2007 for $500 million to a consortium lead by Hotel Properties. However, a group of minority owners disputed the sale and it was eventually overturned by the Court of Appeal in 2009, which found that the sales process was not properly handled.

At a reserve price of $1.1 billion, Horizon Towers’ land price works out to about $1,964 per sq ft per plot ratio (psf/pr) after factoring in a lease top-up premium estimated to be around S$220 million.

This compares favourably with the recent sale of a 99-year Government Land Sale site in Cuscaden Road for $2,377 psf ppr. It is also in line with the sale in May of the nearby freehold Pacific Mansions site in River Valley Close for $1,987 psf ppr.

post-18880-0-88752200-1530706180_thumb.jpg

• Praise 7

Hypersonic

Enbloc fever

:D

www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/jansen-mansion’s-asking-price-22-mil

Jansen Mansion’s asking price at $22 mil

July 4, 2018

post-18880-0-98979500-1530715097.png

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/mas-chief-warns-property-price-rise-outpacing-income-growth

MAS chief warns of property price rise outpacing income growth

July 4, 2018

The recovery in the property market is welcome, but it should not “decouple from economic fundamentals”, says Ravi Menon, managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).

He says that if property prices were to rise too rapidly, they will outpace the growth in income. As such, households will have to take on more leverage than they are able to manage, and this risk will be compounded as interest rates rise over time. He was speaking at the MAS Annual Report press conference on Wednesday.

“A rapid increase in prices also raises the risk of a destabilising market correction later when additional supply comes on-stream,” says Mr Menon.

He notes that prices of private housing have risen 9.1% since the trough in 2Q2017. This has mostly offset the cumulative price decline of 11.6% that was witnessed between mid-2013 and mid-2017.

The number of property transactions over the last 12 months was around 25% higher than during the previous corresponding period. Also, new housing loans over the same period have risen by 34% year-on-year, Mr Menon says.

The Government’s “key concern is the scale and pace of property price increase vis a vis economic and income growth”.

• Praise 7

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/mas-chief-warns-property-price-rise-outpacing-income-growth

MAS chief warns of property price rise outpacing income growth

July 4, 2018

An extract from his speech:

"As I said we welcome the recovery - why would anyone want the property market to continue sliding," said Mr Menon. But "it needs to recover in line with economic fundamentals, not ahead of income growth."

I think he hasn't been reading a lot of forums.. many would want the market to keep sliding.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3