Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

The Waterside unit rakes in $2.05 mil profit'

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/waterside-unit-rakes-205-mil-profit

A unit sold at The Waterside, on Tanjong Rhu Road in District 15, raked in the top profit of $2.05 million over the week of Aug 14 to 21. This is the second-highest profit made from resales in the development.

The 2,433 sq ft unit on the 22nd floor was purchased for $2.45 million ($1,007 psf) in December 2006, and sold for $4.5 million ($1,850 psf) on Aug 15. The seller reaped an 84% profit, or an annualised profit of 5% after holding on to the unit for 11.6 years. This is the second time the unit has chaAged hands, according to caveats lodged with URA Realis. It was first bought in November 1999 at $2.13 million ($874 psf). This means the first seller walked away with a 15% profit of $325,000, or an annualised profit of 2% over 7.1 years.

• Praise 1

shocking, honestly. en bloc money coming in?

it's one of the big plot fh land in tanjong rhu area

not a bad layout.

if you visit the condo very spacious recreational area and tons and tons of open air carpark

plus the mc very on, well maintained condo

cross the road is mrt station

not a bad choice

buyer, i guess is...someone whom loves curry

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4

this was one of the atas condo in the 90s

but now 25yr old a bit jaded liao , nevertheless still able command 4mil price tag in resale mkt

resale already 4mil, cant imagine enbloc pricing 

btw ulu ulu pandan valley already asking enbloc pricing of 2.6b (ie each owner get ~4mil)

if this go through, will form new record price and new support level

it's one of the big plot fh land in tanjong rhu area

not a bad layout.

if you visit the condo very spacious recreational area and tons and tons of open air carpark

plus the mc very on, well maintained condo

cross the road is mrt station

not a bad choice

buyer, i guess is...someone whom loves curry

lh99 at 2200psf in the bkt timah area will be the new norm very soon

but you are right, fh is still a better choice than lh99

Agreed, psf prices trending up, could be the new norm soon.

At 2.2k psf, many options ;)

• Praise 3

can the unit leesee do that with their external wall, I always thought it belongs to HDB

By right is cannot, but by left as long no one complains. [:p]

Even have ceiling cam outside unit, privacy issue for neighbours.

At most, if town council finds out ask to restore back ... coat of paint settled.

• Praise 4

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/jovell-tampines-opens-preview

The Jovell in Tampines opens for preview

Sept 12, 2018

The Jovell, a 428-unit condo in Tampines, in District 18, will be open for public preview on Saturday, Sept 15.

one- to four-bedroom units, ranging from 441 sq ft for a one-bedder; 635 sq ft for a two-bedder; 904 sq ft for a three-bedder; to 1,270 sq ft for a four-bedder. Prices start from $585,000 for the one-bedroom unit.

post-18880-0-39833200-1536746313.jpg

• Praise 6

2.5 billion... even if the net psf is low, development potential high, D10 location and all, few developers have that kind of money. Joint development? Split the place up?

I see 2500 psf on the horizon.... not good man

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/jovell-tampines-opens-preview

The Jovell in Tampines opens for preview

Sept 12, 2018

The Jovell, a 428-unit condo in Tampines, in District 18, will be open for public preview on Saturday, Sept 15.

one- to four-bedroom units, ranging from 441 sq ft for a one-bedder; 635 sq ft for a two-bedder; 904 sq ft for a three-bedder; to 1,270 sq ft for a four-bedder. Prices start from $585,000 for the one-bedroom unit.

Seem like 904 sq is the new magic number for 3 bedder. Almost all new projects has this magic 904.

There are still buyers out there but they are more selective and caution. Not surprising when nobody is rushing.

Got to thanks Tun for pushing some over the causeway

• Praise 1

prices still very resilient despite drastic measures in jul 2018

hope to see prices soaring high soon

500sqf is mickey mouse 1 room

700 sqf is mickey mouse 2 room

900sqf is the mickey mouse 3 room

better dont get buibui spouse if you can only afford mickey mouse apartment

Seem like 904 sq is the new magic number for 3 bedder. Almost all new projects has this magic 904.

thanks for the insight

can you share for the coming decade (now to 2030), what are the districts to avoid for lh99 and fh; and what are the recommended districts for lh99 and fh

both morgan stanley and dbs predict pte prices will double by 2030 from current levels

Bro, I gave an inch of insights and you want the whole 9-yards!  [laugh]  [laugh]

The hard truth is that most of the data I researched, compile and analyse is meant for my clientele only.  

But coming to your question, I have no crystal ball.  What I do know is to work with the numbers that are in front of me and use them to make profitable investment decision based on the situation now. You don't have to worry what happens in 2030 if you invest at the right price, at the right district in 2018. And avoid all the hype up talk from media, agencies, etc. which is going to be mainstream as more new launches come on-board. Cut away the noise, potentials, etc  and focus on the numbers.

Get your agent to help in this aspect, but please avoid comparing $psf with some new launches $psf (which some agents always advocate to justify that prices will rise to what the new launches are). 

• Praise 3

Actually there is a good proportion of owners who do not want the enbloc to go through.

Some are just trying their luck - can get the price they sell. Cannot get they are also happy.

If they are keen to sell, they have to be more flexible about the price.

Horizon Towers and Faber Gardens failed to enbloc successfully. Guess there will be more govt haters now since the additional cooling measures came at the "wrong" time for them.

Horizon Towers and Faber Gardens failed to enbloc successfully. Guess there will be more govt haters now since the additional cooling measures came at the "wrong" time for them.

Call them Govt haters but Govt is also trying its best to curtail price rises , people forget that not everyone can be the winner in any investment be it properly or shares .... there is a risk ..... all this madness of people lining up or herd attitude has to come to end one day ..... just sharing only lah bro ..... People forget and forgot what happened during the Gulf War , during Asian Financial crises during SubPrime ( though the effect was not so bad here ) ..... every 10 years or so something happens or has happened , govt comes in to minimize the impact so as to protect some of the naive and minimize the impact
  • Praise 9

i never trust agents, these agents just want to close deals to earn commission

most of the time is crap advice to entice sellers to sell low and buyers to buy high

rubbish

Bro, I gave an inch of insights and you want the whole 9-yards!  [laugh]  [laugh]

The hard truth is that most of the data I researched, compile and analyse is meant for my clientele only.  

But coming to your question, I have no crystal ball.  What I do know is to work with the numbers that are in front of me and use them to make profitable investment decision based on the situation now. You don't have to worry what happens in 2030 if you invest at the right price, at the right district in 2018. And avoid all the hype up talk from media, agencies, etc. which is going to be mainstream as more new launches come on-board. Cut away the noise, potentials, etc  and focus on the numbers.

Get your agent to help in this aspect, but please avoid comparing $psf with some new launches $psf (which some agents always advocate to justify that prices will rise to what the new launches are). 

maybe can sell even higher in resale market than enbloc??

• Praise 1

Actually all this debate on the depreciating HDB lease ignore the same fate facing 99LH private properties.

At least under VERS, HDB flats has a buyer of last resort. Not so for LH private if they fail to get enbloc.

(Caveat - VERS is still a concept and depends on the Govt of the day 20 years from now)

↡ Advertisement