Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

Call them Govt haters but Govt is also trying its best to curtail price rises , people forget that not everyone can be the winner in any investment be it properly or shares .... there is a risk ..... all this madness of people lining up or herd attitude has to come to end one day ..... just sharing only lah bro ..... People forget and forgot what happened during the Gulf War , during Asian Financial crises during SubPrime ( though the effect was not so bad here ) ..... every 10 years or so something happens or has happened , govt comes in to minimize the impact so as to protect some of the naive and minimize the impact

a very gentle pat pat reminder.

today is the anniversary of lehmann collapse ten years ago.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

a very gentle pat pat reminder.

today is the anniversary of lehmann collapse ten years ago.ð

See .... I also forgot ........ we are all conditioned to forget the past as in pain, grief and what not and move on
  • Praise 8

The thing is, we still have not seen a single LH99 private condo fail to get enbloc.

Private LH60 fail to enbloc yes. There are a few private landed sites whose lease are expiring in a few years, and some over the next dozen of years.

Condo sites so far never heard of. Among the oldest is Phoenix Heights that was successfully enbloc-ed with 50 years of lease left. It's all about the price. 10% price reduction and voila!

Actually all this debate on the depreciating HDB lease ignore the same fate facing 99LH private properties.
At least under VERS, HDB flats has a buyer of last resort. Not so for LH private if they fail to get enbloc.
(Caveat - VERS is still a concept and depends on the Govt of the day 20 years from now)

Price won't double.

Either the size halves or the lease halves, but price quantum will remain the same.

this time is different

prices will double in the next 10 years

buy now and buy early or miss the boat

:D

Horizon Towers and Faber Gardens failed to enbloc successfully. Guess there will be more govt haters now since the additional cooling measures came at the "wrong" time for them.

should be called abnn towers Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

i doubt quantum will remain stagnant 

it should increase in tandem with psf and median household income 

if wages stagnant,  next generation will have to pay high psf to be like hk stay in cage and tubes

The thing is, we still have not seen a single LH99 private condo fail to get enbloc.

Private LH60 fail to enbloc yes. There are a few private landed sites whose lease are expiring in a few years, and some over the next dozen of years.

Condo sites so far never heard of. Among the oldest is Phoenix Heights that was successfully enbloc-ed with 50 years of lease left. It's all about the price. 10% price reduction and voila!

Price won't double.

Either the size halves or the lease halves, but price quantum will remain the same.

Bro, I gave an inch of insights and you want the whole 9-yards!  [laugh]  [laugh]

The hard truth is that most of the data I researched, compile and analyse is meant for my clientele only.  

But coming to your question, I have no crystal ball.  What I do know is to work with the numbers that are in front of me and use them to make profitable investment decision based on the situation now. You don't have to worry what happens in 2030 if you invest at the right price, at the right district in 2018. And avoid all the hype up talk from media, agencies, etc. which is going to be mainstream as more new launches come on-board. Cut away the noise, potentials, etc  and focus on the numbers.

Get your agent to help in this aspect, but please avoid comparing $psf with some new launches $psf (which some agents always advocate to justify that prices will rise to what the new launches are). 

haha can i be your clientele or your downline in property agency? haha

Price won't double.

Those large plot 99LH with high quantum will be challenging to enbloc.

If reduce price to get a successful deal, most of the $ will be used to top up the lease and what remain for the owners may not be sufficient to get comparable replacement unit.

I agree it will be challenging to enbloc.

As mentioned, for those 30+ years condos, it will indeed be next to impossible to enbloc bearing in mind the risks developers undertake to re-develop them. My guess in Govt may wait until a period of serious decline in demand (if it ever happens) to remove some of the developer penalties to encourage them to re-develop and revitalise the private landscape. So far, we cannot see that point in the future yet, if it will ever happen.

However, for 50 year condos, the owners are likely to be very aged, and having a 150-200 sqm property may not be very meaningful for them, especially if their savings were all locked up in their property awaiting enbloc. Some could benefit from downgrading in size, or even to a HDB of their choice. Whyfore do they need to get a comparable replacement unit?

The concerns of owners of 30 year old condo are quite different from those of a 50 year old condo.

Those large plot 99LH with high quantum will be challenging to enbloc.
If reduce price to get a successful deal, most of the $ will be used to top up the lease and what remain for the owners may not be sufficient to get comparable replacement unit.

• Praise 4

given the numerous cases of asset rich cash poor folks in recent years making news, i don't understand why the herd still continues to follow these examples and lock their entire savings into properties

it's just like the fisherman and the rich man story where the rich man wants to retire fishing everyday....come to a full circle go back and stay in the hdb when retired

• Praise 4

given the numerous cases of asset rich cash poor folks in recent years making news, i don't understand why the herd still continues to follow these examples and lock their entire savings into properties

it's just like the fisherman and the rich man story where the rich man wants to retire fishing everyday....come to a full circle go back and stay in the hdb when retired

Wrong understanding.

The people who made forays into private properties then were very rare, can hardly be described as the herd.

If they had not made that purchase then, given their incomes, they would be asset poor and cash poor today.

To recognise where the herd is, ask yourself two questions:

1. The majority of people owns how many properties in Singapore? 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 or more

2. The majority owns which kind(s) of properties? Public / private / public and private

Edited by Showster

wrong concept wrong mentality

the fisherman continue to fish for his living till the day he die

while the rich man retire fishing for leisure in his yatch , drives his ferrari around town, sleeps in his bungalow after the tiring full day fishing , with his 3 sugar babes one on the left, one on the right and one below

and i bet you are going to tell us that you are the dumb storeman who knows nuts

wrong concept wrong mentality

the fisherman continue to fish for his living till the day he die

while the rich man retire fishing for leisure in his yatch , drives his ferrari around town, sleeps in his bungalow after the tiring full day fishing , with his 3 sugar babes one on the left, one on the right and one below

and i bet you are going to tell us that you are the dumb storeman who knows nuts

bet wrongly....don't assume you know me

i am the jealous peasant storeman who cannot afford private properties

-_-

• Praise 3

i transfer your face out from the quote so that you can take a look at your own words

-_-

bet wrongly....don't assume you know me

i am the jealous peasant storeman who cannot afford private properties

↡ Advertisement