Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

Super HUAT (524% profit) [thumbsup]

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/balmoral-gardens-unit-tops-gains-2018

Balmoral Gardens unit tops gains for 2018

Dec 29, 2018

The seller of a unit at Balmoral Gardens, on Balmoral Road in District 10, made the top gain of $9.17 million over the period of Jan 1 to Dec 4.

The 4,758 sq ft unit on the third floor was bought for $1.75 million ($368 psf) in November 2002, and sold for $10.9 million ($2,295 psf) on May 4.

The seller reaped a 524% profit.

• Praise 4

Super HUAT (524% profit) [thumbsup]

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/balmoral-gardens-unit-tops-gains-2018

Balmoral Gardens unit tops gains for 2018

Dec 29, 2018

What I find even more amazing is the 23% annualised gain of the Urban Resot unit....bought in 2016 still can make so much gain.....even after considering SSD or max ABSD lol. Well done!

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/four-room-hdb-resale-flats-cross-1m-mark-in-tiong-bahru

1 million...

For the first time, regular four-room Housing Board flats have been resold for more than $1 million.

At least four such transactions have taken place since September and they are all for flats in the same cluster in Tiong Bahru.

The flats are in three 40-storey blocks in Boon Tiong Road. While they might be part of Singapore's oldest housing estate, these flats are less than three years old.

That is because they are replacement flats built under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (Sers). Owners of such flats can sell them seven years from the time they picked their replacement homes, which explains the long remaining lease of 96 years.

The long lease, the flats' attractive location in a hip neighbourhood and their relatively higher floors ranging from the 34th to 39th, are among the factors that could account for the eye-watering prices, said analysts.

The flats are also just across the street from Tiong Bahru Plaza, the MRT station and other amenities.

• Praise 1

sup sup water ...

i repeat sup sup water

sporens full with water

all shall shout cheap cheap

Confirm stamp and chop

Whats $1mil in todays context?

Pwui....Saliva = Suey + sup sup

Singaporeans huat ah!

Dont have? Nevermind

Join me and my peasant group lor

We find joy in joblessness and simple living

• Praise 1

What I find even more amazing is the 23% annualised gain of the Urban Resot unit....bought in 2016 still can make so much gain.....even after considering SSD or max ABSD lol. Well done!

Because he bought it at an exceptional low price in Feb 2016.  The average psf for Urban resort 4 bedder at the end of 2015 is $2301 but he bought the unit at $1800++psf.

The reason being that for some reason,  another unit was sold in Feb 2016 for $1779psf. So this particular unit probably has to follow more of less than same $psf in order to sell.

So the buyer in my opinion, is either extremely savvy or has an agent who does the value analysis and know his numbers well. 

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Yup the rich get richer, just holding 2.4yrs profit $5.4mil where to find...

and if assuming DP of 30-50%, profit easily above 100% return on capital outlay. Huat ah! [:p]

'SG property, always ideal to stay vested' [;)]

• Praise 6

I guess this prices don’t include the 15% ABSD to factor in which would push the price up by another $350-$500+

Should be, still "cheap" as compared to asia region ... and we all know why [;)]
  • Praise 4

Because he bought it at an exceptional low price in Feb 2016.  The average psf for Urban resort 4 bedder at the end of 2015 is $2301 but he bought the unit at $1800++psf.

The reason being that for some reason,  another unit was sold in Feb 2016 for $1779psf. So this particular unit probably has to follow more of less than same $psf in order to sell.

So the buyer in my opinion, is either extremely savvy or has an agent who does the value analysis and know his numbers well. 

Or the buyer just has the Balls to buy when many people do not dare to buy.

• Praise 4

Yup the rich get richer, just holding 2.4yrs profit $5.4mil where to find...

and if assuming DP of 30-50%, profit easily above 100% return on capital outlay. Huat ah! [:p]

'SG property, always ideal to stay vested' [;)]

1% rules ... has always been ...

5000 years ago and 5000 years more

• Praise 1

will there be a correction soon in the property market.?

seeing the 8% vacancy seems alot of unit. At the same time, the land bank has also been released at a slower rate. I suppose the uptick may not be as aggressive for 2019.

• Praise 3

will there be a correction soon in the property market.?

seeing the 8% vacancy seems alot of unit. At the same time, the land bank has also been released at a slower rate. I suppose the uptick may not be as aggressive for 2019.

hearsay, property falls behind 6-months compare to stocks

if stock cui ... property only cui 6-months later? [sly]

↡ Advertisement