Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

Was trying to find affinity showflat and this must be the hardest showflat to find. Why make a website when u donât put the map of the showflat. Called and they say near st Gabriel primary, drove past but seen nothing there.

Sure cannot sell

Showflat is near st Gabriel secondary, near landed enclave...

Affinity at Serangoon is okay, will be relatively near the future cross island mrt line.. at 1,500psf, I feel price is fair

↡ Advertisement

Not possible to shift the balcony door to enlarge the living room.

Potentially you can hack the wall at BR2 to open to common toilet.

The only way light is coming to the unit is from the living room direction so the toilets and kitchen will be very dark even during the day. Be prepared to have lights switched on during the day.

Thank you. Now I know that balcony can hinder the light. 

From the solid lines arround master bedroom, does it mean there is no window? Or the window may be on the north side? 

It’s best you check with the agent or developer what those lines in the master bedroom means. Maybe casement windows? (I am really not sure)

It’s a big ticket purchase so do your own due dilligence.

Turbocharged

Showflat is near st Gabriel secondary, near landed enclave...

Affinity at Serangoon is okay, will be relatively near the future cross island mrt line.. at 1,500psf, I feel price is fair

Really fair? I just went there today price is indeed 1500 psf. Let’s say you bought a 2 bedders, 6xx sqft at around 1million. What is the expected rental? 2.2k?

The yield is so poor for leasehold.... why not just buy a 5 year old resale apt?

• Praise 1

It’s best you check with the agent or developer what those lines in the master bedroom means. Maybe casement windows? (I am really not sure)

It’s a big ticket purchase so do your own due dilligence.

Thank you. I am not buying anyway. Just to enrich my knowledge. 

When I look at the transactions of Affinity, I notice the first 120 transactions seem to have an average price of 10% above the remaining transactions. How can one explain that? 

https://www.srx.com.sg/condo/affinity-at-serangoon-82692/last-transacted-prices

• Praise 2

Really fair? I just went there today price is indeed 1500 psf. Letâs say you bought a 2 bedders, 6xx sqft at around 1million. What is the expected rental? 2.2k?

The yield is so poor for leasehold.... why not just buy a 5 year old resale apt?

with absd still got yield %?
  • Praise 1

Really fair? I just went there today price is indeed 1500 psf. Letâs say you bought a 2 bedders, 6xx sqft at around 1million. What is the expected rental? 2.2k?

Assuming taking 80% loan of 1M at current 2.6%, the interest alone is 1.7k. If can rent out 2.2k, minus maintenance fee, still have balance of 150 dollars for kopi. Not bad lah.

If 2% price appreciation every year, it will take 7 yrs to breakeven ABSD.

Huat ah!

• Praise 2