Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

IMO, it's hard to live in anything less than 800 sq ft for a couple. 500 for a single.

For a family unit, you need three bedroom and >1000 sq ft.. 

On the brighter side, smaller units mean less hoarding, less material possessions, and perhaps a lesser obsession with shopping and accumulating items..

I agree, but unfortunately i cant help but see ourself becoming like HK or Japan with tiny houses.. give it 10-20 years maybe 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

wah lofty prices....out of peasant storeman's reach already

let the rich and elite play lah

:D

Hypersonic

with the changing trend of people die die face value must have a condo, it may be the easiers access to a condo title deed for singles.

But looking at the barrier and the pay bracket as well as the appreciative cost of micro boxes, I highly doubt its good decision to buy anything less than 800 sqft if the budget permits.

Else just buy BTO and wait for your partner to join in the queue.

IF it was really true, the delta between a FH and a leasehold would at LEAST be commanding a price gap of X1.5 to X2 ?

or maybe I am thinking in terms of glass vs diamond.

May be due to face value, or just a diff lifestyle choice.

If budget permits, of course the bigger the better. But there's always a flipside, bigger also means more capital outlay/bigger bank loan/incur more interest/longer time to pay up. Smaller means can free up more capital, to be invested elsewhere to generate yield, or maybe even an investment property, less funds stuck in just one for own stay.

BTO, wait some years to be ready and another few more years MOP, by then pte prop prices would have already moved on, to find that have to pay so much more to buy.

That said, i still think going BTO first is a wise move, to keep, not use to upgrade.

FH or LH, to be determined by the intention of purchase. I think most would agree if budget allows, FH would always be the way to go.

Diff ppl, diff requirement, diff choices ... no right no wrong.

• Praise 10

I agree, but unfortunately i cant help but see ourself becoming like HK or Japan with tiny houses.. give it 10-20 years maybe

It will be 50 years before we become like hk
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

IMO, it's hard to live in anything less than 800 sq ft for a couple. 500 for a single.

For a family unit, you need three bedroom and >1000 sq ft.. 

On the brighter side, smaller units mean less hoarding, less material possessions, and perhaps a lesser obsession with shopping and accumulating items..

really depends sometimes.

I seen people who buy 4 room BTO. put one piano (not baby grand type)

Put an alter

Put bicycle rack for their road bike

Parents with one wheel chair

One new born with a cradle squeeze into the bedroom. 

One maid to help with the wheel chair bound parent

Full house ..

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Yep... and I see many boxes from Toyogo..

Sure, it's not important to have a home that looks like something from Home and Decor, but some homes really like a refugee camp..

Twincharged

For @BanCoe ... # Windy Heights

The reason why they failed is they in a spanner for developers to build above 100sqm minimum.

All they have to do is to remove this clause, but I guess they are very insecure in being able to afford in the same place.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

The reason why they failed is they in a spanner for developers to build above 100sqm minimum.

All they have to do is to remove this clause, but I guess they are very insecure in being able to afford in the same place.

That’s about 1,100 sq ft, quite easily achievable footprint for a small family , must be the price and location and also PIE behind it , but the current units about 2000 sq ft are good and comfortable
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

My same broken record wish. Get rid of the stupid bomb shelter. Have a CD shelter at the void deck and lease it for space for childcare.

If really really that hype up about the bomb shelter AND technology warfare is still the same as 20years ago. Then i say stay put. We are at risk with the advancement of a threat from batam.

Even today during cd exercise .. i dont see active participation drill like taking shelter at the mrt station till an all clear signal is sounded.

Maybe time as well to release the sceare cow.

My same broken record wish. Get rid of the stupid bomb shelter. Have a CD shelter at the void deck and lease it for space for childcare.

If really really that hype up about the bomb shelter AND technology warfare is still the same as 20years ago. Then i say stay put. We are at risk with the advancement of a threat from batam.

Even today during cd exercise .. i dont see active participation drill like taking shelter at the mrt station till an all clear signal is sounded.

Maybe time as well to release the sceare cow.

i think the next era of war, if any, will be cyber and economic warfare instead of the use of military. Bomb shelters are just a false sense of security which is outdated today and in the future 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yes, with that developer can't build many small units to sell at high psf.

So enbloc price is the other factor.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/unit-botanic-gardens-view-sees-214-mil-profit

Unit at Botanic Gardens View sees $2.14 mil profit

June 4, 2018

The first transaction at Botanic Gardens View this year turned out to be the most profitable deal in the week of May 15 to 22, as revealed by the matching of URA caveat data as at May 29.

A 1,410 sq ft, three-bedroom unit on the sixth floor of the 145-unit freehold development was sold for $3 million ($2,128 psf) on May 22, resulting in a $2.14 million (249%) gain for the previous owner, who purchased it for $860,100 ($610 psf) in 2005.

Also in the prime district is 999-year leasehold condo The Tresor, where the seller of a 1,927 sq ft, four-bedroom unit made a profit of $1.22 million (47%) on May 16. The unit on the third floor was purchased in 2007, when it was newly completed, for $2.61 million ($1,353 psf). It was then sold for $3.83 million ($1,987 psf).

• Praise 4