Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

It depends on the condo, the number of lots available and the policy of the MSCT.

New condos often do not even have 1 to 1 lots to unit ratios.. 

Quick question on carpark at condos. I see that most projects, at least have a few hundreds 1 or 2 bedders. Any idea if a household with 2 cars can easily park 2 cars without paying extra for the second car?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Quick question on carpark at condos. I see that most projects, at least have a few hundreds 1 or 2 bedders. Any idea if a household with 2 cars can easily park 2 cars without paying extra for the second car?

New condo very unlikely unless it’s very near MRT and very few drive.

But those very near also have less carpark lots.

Varies from condo to condo but older ones have a better chance.

• Praise 1

There was an interesting talk show this am on News 938, Mr Ku spoke about the idea of more rentals, and the fact that HDB is a 99 lease, not an ownership. However the government still like the word ownership for obvious political reasons.. 

Fudging the terms helps them delay the inevitable, unless they find some money to find an alternate solution to taking back the flats when the lease ends..

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

crowded is good ........... then can see into the other house . U see me , I see you.

Like HK :D

Some more you want to do valet-Ing here oso huh ??
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Hard to find tenants for shoe boxes in the area, especially when there are many in the same large development

Shoe box rentals have dropped much more than the bigger units

The main good thing is that the absolute quantum is low

• Praise 7

with market recovery, shoe boxes price have also jumped up due to small affordable quantum

Hard to find tenants for shoe boxes in the area, especially when there are many in the same large development

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Nah, don't like big balconies [laugh]

Haha, me no like too ... but not cos of big balcony, with the lower psf kinda offset part of the cost. But ...

Too many units/main target upgraders/family orientated = too many residents/children/cars.

Facilities overcrowded/pool noisy/ morning evening peak jam moving in/out, back late hard to find parking/have to park further away ... just to sound out a few [sweatdrop]

:D

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Yes, have mentioned earlier :D

Thats why developer sell at 'cheap' psf, play quantity and quantum game.

Target segment mainly upgraders, but so many small units, got so many investors for that area?

In today's market, where to find that kind of psf range for new launch?

So sure can sell, at least to move few hundred units at initial launch.

If at that psf/quantum range still can't sell, developer better fire the marketing team and engage a new agency.

[:p]

• Praise 3

IMO Stirling is good. Better than that ulu Tampines one, and the other in Clementi.. even if it costs more, it's a better bet.

All those staying in these mickey mouse apartment all goes around naked? [confused] (since there is no space for even a proper wardrobe) [shakehead]

post-18880-0-72939000-1530444724.jpeg

post-18880-0-37823000-1530444767.jpeg

To add to the insult, the size of the 2nd bedroom / study room is not any larger than the toilet, and some even squeeze in a balcony?! [crazy]

I really worried for our next generation, we are really getting to HK style of housing... ... :omg:

All these for one to say "I stay condo".

Really look good feel good meh?

Twincharged
(edited)

All those staying in these mickey mouse apartment all goes around naked? [confused]  (since there is no space for even a proper wardrobe)  [shakehead]

post-18880-0-72939000-1530444724.jpeg

post-18880-0-37823000-1530444767.jpeg

To add to the insult, the size of the 2nd bedroom / study room is not any larger than the toilet, and some even squeeze in a balcony?! [crazy]

I really worried for our next generation, we are really getting to HK style of housing... ... :omg:

use the bomb shelter to hang articles of clothing

I wonder why the bomb shelter is still required. I supposed its a sacred cow that cannot be slaughtered.

I don't think we will reach the stage of Microbox as yet. Mostly still at the Shoebox stage. But we should be relooking at a common HS/bomb shelter instead of sticking to the requirements if that somehow is tie into our national defence.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Twincharged
(edited)

All these for one to say "I stay condo".

Really look good feel good meh?

not really.

I suspect we can easily spot someone with inferiority complex if he really buys a shoebox to stay if he just say I stay in condo.

The question nowadays is , " 1000 sqft condo ? must have cost you a huge sum of money"

SOme buy for investment. Even I try to workout the space for a 700sqft, it seems hopelessly unlivable.

Let alone a 4xx sqft condo.

Granted that its more for a single to stay. 

In HK, its already hit the peak and lifestyle there is to stay out as late as possible in order to only come home to sleep.

Thats why no one goes off from the office till 9pm. Than have dinner and go back to a pigeon coup to sleep.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Twincharged
(edited)

@mer cs help u post ..  [laugh]

Private home prices inch towards new peak after 3.4% jump in Q2
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/private-home-property-prices-q2-ura-singapore-10490090

While its encouraging to watch people who strike the jackpot for enbloc, I wonder how sustainable is the high prices for the next leap forward.

SINGAPORE: Private home prices rose to its highest point in four years in the April to June quarter as transactions and new launches increased and liquidity from en bloc sales flowed into the market, with analysts predicting that prices could recover to 2013 peak levels soon.

The price index for private residential property rose by 3.4 per cent to 149 points in the second quarter, extending a 3.9 per cent increase in the previous quarter, according to flash estimates released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) on Monday (Jul 2).

This represents the fourth consecutive quarter of increase. The price index is also at its highest level since the second quarter of 2014, when the index was at 149.7 points.

With more buyers entering the market and current home values about 3.6 per cent down from the 154.6-point peak in the third quarter of 2013, prices could soon reach another high.

"The sentiment is inching us towards another peak," said Ms Christine Li, senior director of research at Cushman & Wakefield Singapore. "Singapore property prices are likely to recover to the 2013 peak levels in one or two quarters," she added

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

not really.

I suspect we can easily spot someone with inferiority complex if he really buys a shoebox to stay if he just say I stay in condo.

The question nowadays is , " 1000 sqft condo ? must have cost you a huge sum of money"

SOme buy for investment. Even I try to workout the space for a 700sqft, it seems hopelessly unlivable.

Let alone a 4xx sqft condo.

Granted that its more for a single to stay. 

In HK, its already hit the peak and lifestyle there is to stay out as late as possible in order to only come home to sleep.

Thats why no one goes off from the office till 9pm. Than have dinner and go back to a pigeon coup to sleep.

At this rate, i worry for our children and their children children 

↡ Advertisement