Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

(edited)

Only impact 2nd property buyer ma. Might curb the speculative investors but shd be good news for 1 time buyer right?

Yep, and it won't affect first time buyers where the couple has decoupled so they can keep their current place..

BTW if one has a HDB, can you buy a new one then sell the current flat? Or is there a grace period?

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement

This will dampen sentiments and put a brake on the rising prices

However, those who have been put off by the ABSD for past 5 years are not contributing to the recent rise

The first time buyers and enbloc buyers are unlikely to be affected

If the rapid rise is solely due to these two groups plus cash rich foreigners, then impact will be limited in reversing the trend

Probably a slower rise or flattened prices 

• Praise 9

Swee lah!

News purposely comes out at 7pm to leave everyone no time for reaction.

Have. All reacting now.

*LAUNCHING TONIGHT*

-PARK COLONIAL

-RIVERFRONT

-STIRLING

Other developers giving discounts for purchase before 12 midnight

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Thats why I say. The process of Think liao with the intention to buy. Else will be MTB

Not Mountain bike but Missed the boat.

But as long as you have all the correct needs , the next time it readjusted, should be a good bet.

I am wondering why they increase when actual fact, the maket just recovered only.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/raising-additional-buyers-stamp-duty-rates-and-tightening-loan-value-limits-promote-stable?cid=TODAY%2a

Procrastinators already missed few boats, one during the downturn when psf cheaper, now another when absd tax was lower.

"Why increase?" As mention always, ahgong happy to collect more taxes. COE keep dropping which means less taxes collected, have to find another ave to cover? ;) [laugh]

LOL ... now the absd tax(12%) even higher than the 15Q downturn (11.6%) total!

With high GLS/Enbloc bids/high new launch sell psf, and now with even higher absd, it just got even more expensive to buy.

So congrats to those not sold/stay vested with properties no absd/lower absd [thumbsup]

For those who sold/not vested wanna get back in the game ... not so good news, keep waiting! [:p]

Huat ah!

• Praise 9

Have. All reacting now.

*LAUNCHING TONIGHT*

-PARK COLONIAL

-RIVERFRONT

-STIRLING

Mai Tu Liao.....developers will want to sell as many units as they can. No need to ballot now.

• Praise 1

Yep, and it won't affect first time buyers where the couple has decoupled so they can keep their current place..

BTW if one has a HDB, can you buy a new one then sell the current flat? Or is there a grace period?

Must sell matrimonial home within 6 months of keys collection. Subject to T&C.

Well if they price the Stirling right, it will still fly off the shelves..

Heard some stacks available for sale only.
  • Praise 3

Really mai tu liao.

Tonight chiong condo showroom, weekend chiong car showroom. So exciting!

• Praise 4

Really mai tu liao.

Tonight chiong condo showroom, weekend chiong car showroom. So exciting!

Actually for those who aren't affected, it's a great time to wait.. let the developers simmer and then grab the condo at lower prices..

Twincharged

Thats why I say. The process of Think liao with the intention to buy. Else will be MTB

Not Mountain bike but Missed the boat.

But as long as you have all the correct needs , the next time it readjusted, should be a good bet.

I am wondering why they increase when actual fact, the maket just recovered only.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/raising-additional-buyers-stamp-duty-rates-and-tightening-loan-value-limits-promote-stable?cid=TODAY%2a

I think govt really no money.

Actually for those who aren't affected, it's a great time to wait.. let the developers simmer and then grab the condo at lower prices..

I doubt will lower by much. Once the market is on the bull, people just Chiong first.
  • Praise 1

True lah. Just sit back and relax. Let the bull fight the policy maker and see who win.

I think govt really no money.

I doubt will lower by much. Once the market is on the bull, people just Chiong first.

COE revenue drop so target property to cover the gap? Haha

Dun think will drop much cause developers bought high then. Think at most will not increase as fast haha

Dun think will drop much cause developers bought high then. Think at most will not increase as fast haha

Maybe future size might get even smaller to make it affordable. Developers are unlikely to lose money.

Have. All reacting now.

*LAUNCHING TONIGHT*

-PARK COLONIAL

-RIVERFRONT

-STIRLING

The turnout will give a glimpse of the number of borderline buyers in the market.
  • Praise 2

The turnout will give a glimpse of the number of borderline buyers in the market.

My friend went to one of the showrooms, full of buyers waiting for their turned be buy.

Huat ah!

Govt Huat ah!

If only people knew how much the government is paying civil servants. I am not even talking about the PAP ministers/MPs.

Really is Govt Huat ah.. there is a huge imbalance now

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1