MObike Cancels license

Enye

Hypersonic

bye bye to bike sharing

any VC in mcf lost their seed money?

:mellow:  :D 

Mobike applies to LTA to withdraw from Singapore

↡ Advertisement

People here just don’t know how to appreciate this concept and choose to abuse it, resulting in too many regulations.

And as a result, all closed down.

• Praise 2

The next big thing is PMD rental, as well as multiple irresponsible riding and accidents.

There will be tons of situation where TP and LTA will just point to civil suit or cliam from thr car insurance.

Already Obike will be rename and going into the e scooter biz from what I know so far.

Like all the sub prime moving to China listed shares on the stock exchange with dubious reporting standard, we just have to see which authorities are taking a closer look at the events.

Subsequently, the finger will point to CPIB or CAD to police the whole situation I suppose and LTA and TP will just do the accident reporting 

all these share share system is doom to fail from the start i think.

it only work when every 1 is automatic,

steady do thing nicely.

I think market spoil by those operators who were here first. Those who collected deposits. When they fell ppl couldn't get their money back or have difficulty getting their money back. Now who else would want to share bike? Once bitten twice shy.

all these share share system is doom to fail from the start i think.

it only work when every 1 is automatic,

steady do thing nicely.

The only share share model that has proven to work is the oldest profession....

• Praise 3

People here just don’t know how to appreciate this concept and choose to abuse it, resulting in too many regulations.

And as a result, all closed down.

Agreed. Actually such bike sharing concept is good, quite beneficial to people and yet people just take things for granted. Now everyone cannot benefit from such bike sharing anymore.

Supersonic

Agreed. Actually such bike sharing concept is good, quite beneficial to people and yet people just take things for granted. Now everyone cannot benefit from such bike sharing anymore.

Anything that is shared is unlikely to work here.

• Praise 1

LBS and retail bicycle rental jin happy...

Anything that is shared is unlikely to work here.

Jamesc will definitely like to see MIL sharing to blossom.

bye bye to bike sharing

any VC in mcf lost their seed money?

:mellow:  :D

Mobike applies to LTA to withdraw from Singapore

Sorry to hear about your losses Sifu.

Turbocharged

The business model itself is not sustainable.

The revenue comes only when the bike are used. But the operatiing cost is fix....the back end staff, the operation staff, the office rental, the storage warehouse rental, etc.

The bikes are mostly used only during that 2 peak periods per day. They are mostly unused for the rest of the daytime 5-6 hours.  But you still have to pay salary, rental, etc for that 5-6 hours/day  of off-peak period.

So how can this model ever be profitable? Why can't the VC even see this coming?

Edited by Icedbs