Pasir Gudang Methane Poisoning

Carbon82

I really don't know or I didn't read enough report. One minute I read Yishun and Punggol got smell then next minute pollution don't affect them. Then where smell come from and what is this smell leh? 

↡ Advertisement

I really don't know or I didn't read enough report. One minute I read Yishun and Punggol got smell then next minute pollution don't affect them. Then where smell come from and what is this smell leh? 

That's because it's affecting whole of Singapore, not just Yishun and/or Punggol.

• Praise 1

Singaporean, 2 Malaysians charged over Pasir Gudang chemical spill

Singaporean Wang Jin Chao, 34, and Malaysian Yap Yoke Liang, 36, are directors of a used tyre-processing company. The third man who was charged, Malaysian lorry driver N. Maridass, 35, was accused of illegally disposing of chemicals into the river.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/sporean-2-malaysians-charged-over-pasir-gudang-chemical-spill

• Praise 1

wah...the singaporean name very apt

jin chao

:D

Not just that but "king" jin chao.

Wang = king

Jin Chao = smelly

V apt name. So be careful what name for your kiddo. Decide how smelly his future can be if not wisely chosen.

Hope these are dealt firmly with no room for negotiation via processed tree barks. Profits at the expense of human lives and environmental harm to air, fishes etc.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

I think you may be confusing 2 issues.

The methane dumping / poisoning can be rather odourless and has happened in Pasir Gudang for some time. These gas is quite dense and likely to impact the Pasir Gudang area and Punggol which is 1km from Pasir Gudang. These toxic waste and gas cannot be measured by PSI and impact may be enduring since people have been breathing in for years.

The burning smell could be the usual haze cause by forest fires in Malaysia and Indonesia that happens almost annually. These can be measured by PSI.

• Praise 1

Should make them clean the spills

Need protective gear? They pay themselves

Until they clean finish, no let go

this time Dua Dio liao lor ... Later DrM fingers will point here .  

• Praise 6

The methane dumping / poisoning can be rather odourless and has happened in Pasir Gudang for some time. These gas is quite dense and likely to impact the Pasir Gudang area and Punggol which is 1km from Pasir Gudang. These toxic waste and gas cannot be measured by PSI and impact may be enduring since people have been breathing in for years.

The burning smell could be the usual haze cause by forest fires in Malaysia and Indonesia that happens almost annually. These can be measured by PSI.

So the chemical spill has no smell lah. The sickness is by drink water not the fume

Wang Jin Chao do not seems to be a name of typical Singaporean (e.g. Wong Kim Chow, Wong Kam Chew)...

A new citizen?

• Praise 12

Why 1KM from Pasir Gudang?

BTW, I think the smell is back from all the burning.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wang Jin Chao do not seems to be a name of typical Singaporean (e.g. Wong Kim Chow, Wong Kam Chew)...

A new citizen?

In addition, I do not know of any local-born SG person that is so entrepreneurial at a relatively young age of early 30s. It's just not typical.

Most will just settle for wage-paying jobs with private sector or ah gong. How many do you know of that will enter into business especially with factory in Malaysia??

These few days have been doing my runs and the air quality seems to be back to normal.

Air quality is due to too dry weather, no rain.

More raining day since last week. Can see all the grass had turn back green.

Edited by Tohto

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Air quality is due to too dry weather, no rain.

More raining day since last week. Can see all the grass had turn back green.

The stench in the air was probably due to the multiple fires from dry weather, not so much from the chemical disaster of Pasir Gudang.

If the rain doused the fire and the stench disappear, it's probably the dry weather like you said.

• Praise 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ammonia-pollution-johor-river-singapore-water-supply-disrupted-11413570

SINGAPORE: The supply of water to Singapore was disrupted after PUB's Johor River Waterworks halted treatment operations due to the high levels of ammonia in the river, Singapore's national water agency said on Thursday (Apr 4)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6