Formula One 2019

Adrianli

8 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

What I am trying to say is, even the mighty Honda can't make a good F1 engine right off the starting block, much less other lesser folks like McLaren and Aston Martin. 

And 2008 was not too long ago. Merely took an eight year break. 

Mclaren is not any other lesser folks le.  It's the 2nd oldest team.

8 years is an eternity in Formula 1.

↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Mclaren is not any other lesser folks le.  It's the 2nd oldest team.

8 years is an eternity in Formula 1.

Did I lose you somewhere back there? I am talking about Honda's vast resources and knowledge. Is McLaren on the same level? 

If you say 8 years is an eternity, then I just have to agree with you. 

2 hours ago, Spring said:

My point is F1 shld be a showcase of a car manufacturer's chassis and engine so if they don't hv any engine of their own, in my opinion; no point to compete but of course this just my simplistic logic as there could be other reasons why McLaren insists on competing in F1.

f1 is also a huge marketing exercise. Sponsors pay big money even when not manufacturing engine/gearbox/chassis. (see alfa Romeo, aston martin)

btw guess what ECUs the F1 cars are running.

https://formula1technical.weebly.com/articles/f1-engine-control-unit-ecu-in-detail

https://www.mclaren.com/appliedtechnologies/case-study/formula-1-ecu/

• Praise 1

Ferrari strategy was puzzling.

They had faster straight line speed and were starting on softs, and yet they were worried about Lewis who was starting on mediums ?

Own goal, imho ... 

12 hours ago, Blueray said:

They had faster straight line speed and were starting on softs, and yet they were worried about Lewis who was starting on mediums ?

Own goal, imho ... 

12 hours ago, Blueray said:

Own goal, imho ... 

This is the classic case of developing one personal reputation branding! It say a lot of Lewis branding as a F1 driver!

22 hours ago, Blueray said:

Own goal, imho ... 

Maybe they wanted to be sure that Vet gets ahead of Ham and deprive him of the slipstream before Turn 2. Two Ferraris upfront better than being split which limits the strategies available.

3 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Maybe they wanted to be sure that Vet gets ahead of Ham and deprive him of the slipstream before Turn 2. Two Ferraris upfront better than being split which limits the strategies available.

I doubt Ferrari will use the same strategy again at Suzuka. ☺️

On 10/2/2019 at 10:21 PM, Blueray said:

I doubt Ferrari will use the same strategy again at Suzuka. ☺️

suzuka from start line to first corner not enough room anyway. the new front wing implemented at singapore should be a treat for this track..

On 9/23/2019 at 1:04 PM, Kusje said:

Actually, the race was super boring because of the 3 safety cars.

always find it interesting with the safety cars. without safety car incidents usually means few overtaking since the track is narrow.

Bottas suddenly became super fast. Merc qualifying lost to Ferrari. But race, they are quick. Just 2 hours, they change the engine map? Or forgot to upload the correct map during qualifying?:XD:

Merc won the Constructor Championship 6 times in a row ... no horse run

Hamilton probably win the Driver Championship in next race 

Silver Arrow FTW!

Ferrari ... without the V10 & V8 engine ... no mojo liao ... 

Edited by Wt_know

23 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Merc won the Constructor Championship 6 times in a row ... no horse run

Hamilton probably win the Driver Championship in next race 

Silver Arrow FTW!

Ferrari ... without the V10 & V8 engine ... no mojo liao ... 

Well at least there is hope for next year..with the new, improved formula Ferrari. 😁

afterthought here, I think Lewis could have stayed out and won the race on a 1-stop strategy.

he is pretty good at tyre management and Vet really wasn't making much headway on the softs anyways.

5 hours ago, Blueray said:

afterthought here, I think Lewis could have stayed out and won the race on a 1-stop strategy.

he is pretty good at tyre management and Vet really wasn't making much headway on the softs anyways.

yeah he could of. but then i don't think they were ready for "valtteri, it's james"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1