COE Bidding – 2nd Round of March 2019

Carbon82

Those want to buy cat A, better be fast.

Coe 1 dollars is impossible.

Past 15 year history coe average Low was about 10,000-15,000. If you consider inflation rate and salary now, especially LTA officer salary 15 years ago, coe bottom shall be 2 times of 15 years ago which is 20,000 to 30,000.

Some more, coe quota is on the way down after 3 years 85,000 above exceeding 65,000 yearly average, LTA got room to play with quota by lowering it down further, especially now Cat b is so high which they may increase cat b quota and reduce cat a quota in next quarter revision.

Good luck, buy your car fast if you need it.

$1 is possible, if property and stocks crashed 50%, unemployment at 50%. but when it happens, you will not even think of buying cars! COE quota will be cut another 15% next quarter, so it will be on uptrend from now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Motorcycle total population never grew, is the most unfair of the LTA's scheme.

While allowing unlimited Malaysians motorcycle into Singapore.

Yet the logic that Singapore's motorcycle is contributing to traffic jams, thus have to be limited and priced with COE.

this i fully agree...

My guess is LTA will need to consider a slight increase in vehicle population e.g.0.25% p.a. in view of population and road network growths.

However, any negative delta in COE price trajectory will be offset by revised VES and the road usage will be controlled by satellite ERP.

Lta will do it if both coe price above 50k
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

$1 is possible, if property and stocks crashed 50%, unemployment at 50%. but when it happens, you will not even think of buying cars! COE quota will be cut another 15% next quarter, so it will be on uptrend from now.

Next coe bidding starting April'19 will probably see Cat B above $40K, as indicated by latest Cat E @$41K.

Guess the bidding band be $40~50K until year end(?)

As for Cat A, the recent low was early Dec'18 at $23,568 vs latest $26,309. A little bird says it may hit $30K quite soon.

Will there be panic buying or people remain bo chap...

Those already bought probably bo chap, but those itching to buy

Still waiting for the $1 coe?

[drivingcar]  :D

• Praise 3

Next coe bidding starting April'19 will probably see Cat B above $40K, as indicated by latest Cat E @$41K.

Guess the bidding band be $40~50K until year end(?)

As for Cat A, the recent low was early Dec'18 at $23,568 vs latest $26,309. A little bird says it may hit $30K quite soon.

Will there be panic buying or people remain bo chap...

Those already bought probably bo chap, but those itching to buy

Still waiting for the $1 coe?

[drivingcar]:D

I got a new Cat B car at one of the lowest points using a Dec 2018 CoE and not bo chap yet.

I'm watching it go up and it makes feel better about my purchase, buying when I did [laugh]

Now must time buying a house at the right time, with property prices across SG starting to drop. How long until it bottoms out?

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

Are you referring to the property price index or specific project that you see price drop?

If it is the latter, would appreciate your sharing.

• Praise 1

one question is, will LTA move some quota from catA to catB? I dunno their formula, but seems like they always do the adjustment. 

• Praise 1

Are you referring to the property price index or specific project that you see price drop?

If it is the latter, would appreciate your sharing.

Both. If you check SRX for various projects there is a downward trend over the past two quarters since the cooling measures were put in.

I've got my eye on a number of different projects around the east and the general trend is downwards. Additionally, Bank valuations and Bank indications that are guiding buyer decisions, are also dropping.

To be fair though, sellers aren't dropping their prices to follow the suit yet. Many sellers expect still 10% over valuation because somehow their property is special compared to next door. But fact is buyers make the market, not the seller.

Look at BKE at morning and evening time, reckless speeding and over-taking. Its not surprising that accidents happen frequently there and precious life taken away. Those leaders up there should set up a committee (like they always do haha) and study the situation.

Very true.those bikers ride like their life worth nothing.. accident waiting to happen.. just hope they don’t bang into my car..
↡ Advertisement