COE Bidding – 2nd Round of March 2019

Carbon82

CAT B moving as ppl are signing on guaranteed COE sales agreement and given the 'fact' that PHV are bidding the CAT B cars, the dealers will want to lock in CAT B COEs for their deals early..even to the extend if the car hasnt arrive yet...i  saw my dealer revised my bid by 1k up 30 secs ago..bridging the gap to near $40k coe price.

• Praise 2

stock market doing well. so i guess

Cat B - $39k

Cat A - $26k 

Cat A is lagging behind, should catch up soon.

I jus saw VW coe rebate at $26,309! wow

right on target! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

My two cents.

Not necessarily quota low means coe up. Cos less quota = less people scrapping cars = less people buying new cars = less demand for new coe.

The reason why last time when quota is down the premiums shot up is because the reduction in quota was a claw back due to years of high coe quotas so number of people scrapping the cars are much more than the quota available.

The reason why coe did not crash when quota went up last two years is cos of new players with big pockets (uber).

So now I don't foresee coe shooting up. Creeping up maybe but not shooting up. Unless there is a huge pool of people waiting to buy cars that have not bought them.

From observations car fairs make not much a difference in coe because a person buying in a car fair is not going to buy in the showroom. So nett number of buyers should be same unless there are people who are waiting for car fairs just to buy cars.

A more accurate picture would be a typical number of cars sold in an average month vs a typical number of cars sold in a month with a car fair. Cos I might sell 50 cars a week or 200 a month or 10 cars a week + 160 cars during one car fair. It will look like car fair boosts demand but actually the sales is the same.

Two cents

I think it's impossible. Minimum is $2.00 if number of bids < quota.

40k coe still not high?
  • Praise 1

very sad for those who didn't pull the trigger when cat B was ~32k and was still waiting for durian to drop

bro, what goes up, will come down..

sure will have a chance to drop until 30k again..

• Praise 1

When? Give us a target date for tracking please. Dont let us wait until cow come home Edited by Lotr8445r
  • Praise 6

When? Give us a target date for tracking please. Dont let us wait until cow come home

LOL.. what a remarks

if I know the date, I will strike toto multiple times but when will I strike? [bigcry]

• Praise 3

Got my Cat A COE today! yay!

congrats. I got mine too. First bid by the dealer. 

Was seriously anxious when CAT A was looking soft.. worried that I would have overpaid. 

• Praise 4

Dun forget $40k still not considered high, just a few years ago hit $90k hor
  • Praise 1

very sad for those who didn't pull the trigger when cat B was ~32k and was still waiting for durian to drop

32k or now, the car price is not much diff. so it is not too late to trigger now , otherwise next year this time we will still be saying the same thing. Haha
  • Praise 2

Those want to buy cat A, better be fast.

Coe 1 dollars is impossible.

Past 15 year history coe average Low was about 10,000-15,000. If you consider inflation rate and salary now, especially LTA officer salary 15 years ago, coe bottom shall be 2 times of 15 years ago which is 20,000 to 30,000.

Some more, coe quota is on the way down after 3 years 85,000 above exceeding 65,000 yearly average, LTA got room to play with quota by lowering it down further, especially now Cat b is so high which they may increase cat b quota and reduce cat a quota in next quarter revision.

Good luck, buy your car fast if you need it.

• Praise 2