And so Nas Daily decides to shift to SG after all lor

ChaosMyth

so after all speculations the other time when he was doing his daily 1 minute video that he was gg to shift to sg, he is finally gg to do so! not so much of a shocker after all.

post-186600-0-31775100-1553067585_thumb.jpg

SINGAPORE - Seven months after he visited Singapore, popular video blogger Nas Daily is moving to the island.

In an Instagram post on Wednesday (March 20), his girlfriend Alyne Tamir announced that she and the blogger, whose real name is Mr Nuseir Yassin, will be moving to the Republic in the future.

Their stay could be "two months or two years", she said.

In her post, she said: "Singapore is the hub of Asia, and arguably a major hub of the world."

It is why Mr Yassin is moving his company to the Republic, she added.

The Nas Daily Company is currently based in the United States.

Mr Yassin, a 27-year-old Palestinian-Israeli, was initially more coy about the move on his own social media platforms.

On Wednesday, he posted an Instagram story featuring an article which highlighted the most expensive cities in the world for expatriates to live in, according to a survey released by the Economist Intelligence Unit.

In his Instagram story, he wrote: "Most expensive city: Singapore! (See you next month)".

post-186600-0-29272500-1553067689_thumb.jpg

In response to queries from The Straits Times over e-mail, Mr Yassin confirmed that he was moving to Singapore in April.

He added that no arrangements have been made for his move, but the timing is to ensure "enough time to get the legalities out of the way".

In an Instagram post on Wednesday afternoon, about 10 hours after his girlfriend's post, he said there are many reasons why he chose Singapore to call home, but it was mainly due to his belief that "this part of Asia might be the new America" and the "world's best place... to live and to build up the Nas Daily Media Company".

There is no fixed timeframe for his stay, he added.  

The Harvard graduate, who has more than 12 million followers on his Facebook channel, travelled the world for three years, documenting his experiences in one-minute videos.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

AMDK here. At least, he looks like one to locals. If he go to USA, UK, European countries or Oz, he'll be what?

Regarded as terrorist.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

wah...make 1 min videos can make so much until come here escape tax?

[shocked] 

He got 12 million followers.  Assuming 20% watch his videos actively, he will get at least 2.4m views per video.

In terms of revenue from youtube, that can range anywhere between US$20ki-US$40k per video depending on what he advertise in those videos. And he is still collecting  recurring revenue from all his past videos.

It is big money if you know how to market and gain the followers. The revenue will then be use for more travels. more F&B and more video production as well. This guy is probably making more money than most traditional business founders out there

In this era, having the most followers is king.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

SG is a good place for the rich..like him..I assume his wallets are loaded...

Yes it is a good place for rich foreigners. At first I was thinking why not Thailand, where he'll also be regarded as some kind of AMDK what more with loads of available Thai chiobu to bang. That'd be my choice.

Then I realize that why SG is more in favour? Because of our safety and stability, it's unbeatable.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

He got 12 million followers. Assuming 20% watch his videos actively, he will get at least 2.4m views per video.

In terms of revenue from youtube, that can range anywhere between US$20ki-US$40k per video depending on what he advertise in those videos. And he is still collecting recurring revenue from all his past videos.

It is big money if you know how to market and gain the followers. The revenue will then be use for more travels. more F&B and more video production as well. This guy is probably making more money than most traditional business founders out there

In this era, having the most followers is king.

I notice that kiddy videos - those nursery rhymes, learn ABC, colours, baby shark variations, etc. also rack up millions of views, easily.

Producing one should be quite easy. But I think no advertisers are interested!

Edited by Sosaria

Turbocharged

I notice that kiddy videos - those nursery rhymes, learn ABC, colours, baby shark variations, etc. also rack up millions of views, easily.

Producing one should be quite easy. But I think no advertisers are interested!

You don't need the advertisers to be interested.  The youtuber just have to choose the option to monetize their video, insert how many ads they want (depending on the length of the video) and youtube will insert the most relevant banner ads into the video.  They will be paid every time those banner ads pop up in their video.

If however the video did interest certain advertisers, then it become sponsorship deals, which is very lucrative.

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

You don't need the advertisers to be interested. The youtuber just have to choose the option to monetize their video, insert how many ads they want (depending on the length of the video) and youtube will insert the most relevant banner ads into the video. They will be paid every time those banner ads pop up in their video.

If however the video did interest certain advertisers, then it become sponsorship deals, which is very lucrative.

Really? Honestly I didn't know it was so easy. Can be a good scheme for passive income, especially for retirees with time to make the videos.

The gf a bit barh bah..I like... [laugh]

Arab mid-east diet a lot of meat, especially lamb, kebabs etc. eaten with bread. Not much veggies cos of desert environment. Leads to curvy meaty figures with big cups for the women [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Really? Honestly I didn't know it was so easy. Can be a good scheme for passive income, especially for retirees with time to make the videos.

Making it is easy. But making it viral is hard.

There are tonnes of videos out there which has only few hundreds to few thousand views even after many years.  Hardly gain any traction at all. 

Serious youtubers spent a lot of time learning how to do SEO, how to rank well in youtube, how to do the editing so that it is interesting, what content to provide, etc.  What you see in front is the easy part. The hard part goes behind in all the content creation, video production and marketing stuff. it is a full time job if you want the video to rank well and some of the top youtubers has a team of people behind it.

• Praise 2