Watch Part V

Carbon82

Only if you’d asked the question earlier...

wanna ask but too low end to ask cos here RM PP AP VC level one :slow:

so suddenly ppl see this like what is this hor :yeah-im-not-drunk:  :a-toast:  :grin:  

wanna ask but too low end to ask cos here RM PP AP VC level one :slow:

so suddenly ppl see this like what is this hor :yeah-im-not-drunk::a-toast::grin:

Watches are like wines, cars...you like, can afford,...no need approval...yolo

But 土豆?MLWML even if I can afford...

Watches are like wines, cars...you like, can afford,...no need approval...yolo

But 土豆?MLWML even if I can afford...

DaiGor what is MLWML huh :slow:

me catch no ball leh  :a-confused:

Dear DaiGors

Is this worth to buy?

$6192

Kam Sia

NO

But that does not mean it is not nice.

Tudor’s marketing has got it right earlier than Rolex.

It is leaning towards the heritage with Rolex and going the vintage look

And selling like hotcakes.

But is it worth it?

Not to me. Dont ask why, its subjective.

Importantly, you like, your money, you decide.

And enjoy it thereafter

• Praise 1

I don't like common Rolex choices; that's why I bought a Polar 216570 for my first Rollie.

Even when I bought back a Rollie last week, I didn't want just any 16710. I wanted the Pepsi cos it's less common.

Coming back to topic, I sold the Polar off in 2017 to fund a yellow gold DD but unfortunately it didn't call out to me.

Instead I took an interest in the 116264 Turn O Graph. I liked it's unusual positioning, a dressy Datejust and yet have a rotatable fluted bezel with markers, that makes it a semi sports model. Couple that with a red date wheel and red seconds hand, it's one of a kind in the Rolex family. And it's discontinued which for a Rolex it can be a good thing. Strange that people don't really like it, which explains the lower value compared to a "proper" 116234 Datejust.

Reading further, it does have have interesting history with the US Air Force "Thunderbird" squad although the 116264 has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I saw a blue dial model on oyster and tried it on. I took to it instantly for its size fits my small wrist and it felt very comfortable. but I didn't buy it as i didn't want to make an impulse buy and also I felt a jubilee fits a DJ better.

Since then, Those examples that surfaced in the market are mostly white, black or grey dials and mostly on oyster. And the price keeps going up

post-1798-0-87159900-1561945316_thumb.jpeg

post-1798-0-29191700-1561945423_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

cool watch bro... how much u paid n did u changed strap or original?

Watch is limited edition.

I think called Violet tuna

Sbbn042

Got it pretty good price $1800 bnib at hour boutique at peninsula shopping center

Original is a rubber strap

Got this shark mesh black pvd from the same shop

I don't like common Rolex choices; that's why I bought a Polar 216570 for my first Rollie.

Even when I bought back a Rollie last week, I didn't want just any 16710. I wanted the Pepsi cos it's less common.

Coming back to topic, I sold the Polar off in 2017 to fund a yellow gold DD but unfortunately it didn't call out to me.

Instead I took an interest in the 116264 Turn O Graph. I liked it's unusual positioning, a dressy Datejust and yet have a rotatable fluted bezel with markers, that makes it a semi sports model. Couple that with a red date wheel and red seconds hand, it's one of a kind in the Rolex family. And it's discontinued which for a Rolex it can be a good thing. Strange that people don't really like it, which explains the lower value compared to a "proper" 116234 Datejust.

Reading further, it does have have interesting history with the US Air Force "Thunderbird" squad although the 116264 has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I saw a blue dial model on oyster and tried it on. I took to it instantly for its size fits my small wrist and it felt very comfortable. but I didn't buy it as i didn't want to make an impulse buy and also I felt a jubilee fits a DJ better.

Since then, Those examples that surfaced in the market are mostly white, black or grey dials and mostly on oyster. And the price keeps going up ð©

Almost bought a blue on oyster last year and chickened out also.

Finally yesterday morning, I saw a blue dial on jubilee - my ideal Combi - being posted late the night before. Although it's got no cert no box, it's from a reputable shop with in house warranty and at a price that's very good.

I quickly msged the contact person and went down in the late afternoon to view it.

Once I put it on, I knew I had to buy it.

It must have been the fastest decision I've ever made for a big ticket item!

I think I can close my chapter Liao, with a Sports and Classic model in da House.

0B5ACFEC-35BE-49A2-94EA-4D46514922A7.jpeg

Wore it today to start a brand new quarter. Coincidentally, the blue face red seconds hand and red date is a Pepsi combo ð

Have a great week ahead folks

AD4C6864-1AA3-42AE-9465-D5C043EEB043.jpeg

Nice watch, bro
  • Praise 2

Since then, Those examples that surfaced in the market are mostly white, black or grey dials and mostly on oyster. And the price keeps going up

Hypersonic

Plse dont call me Sifu.

There is only one sifu and that is Sifu @Enye

The ultimate Sifu of MCF!!!

Muayhahhahahaha

Sifu @enye today on leave

Really my idle...oops idol

• Praise 7

Hi guys, pardon my ignorance as I am basically a watch noob.

Are brands like Patek, Rolex, AP and the like considered mainstream watch brands?

Golly gee, I had always thought owning such a watch is like very rare and satki liao.

Now this article says my Rolex watch is a mainstream watch... Siao liao

https://theoandharris.com/watch-101-microbrands-independent-brands-and-mainstream-brands-part-3/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2