Watch Part V

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Worthless piece of shit, according to some.

IMG20200106103014.jpg

Maybe that's why it's often a Blue Monday watch :D

Never worthless piece of shit.

more of overrated chunk of steel.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Worthless piece of shit, according to some.

IMG20200106103014.jpg

Maybe that's why it's often a Blue Monday watch :D

Skin too dry. Need to moisturise more.

Wear sunscreen

If Baz Luhrmann could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.

A long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by Scientists.

Whereas the rest of his advice has no basis more reliable than his own meandering experience. You can listen to his song for more :grin: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:20 PM, Viceroymenthol said:

This is really out of this world... Wow

I would recommend MB&F or FP Journe over this... really tooooooooooo big of a loss to take in terms of residual value unless u plan to buy n pass on to your grandchildren then OK lor. IMHO if you spending this type of monies might as well get a 2nd hand Roger Dubuis, since you like chonky watches?

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jujitsuka said:

I would recommend MB&F or FP Journe over this... really tooooooooooo big of a loss to take in terms of residual value unless u plan to buy n pass on to your grandchildren then OK lor. IMHO if you spending this type of monies might as well get a 2nd hand Roger Dubuis, since you like chonky watches?

I like this watch for the movement, the craft, workmanship and the unique winding mechanism.

Never about the brand or spending money to impress others.

Edited by Viceroymenthol
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
31 minutes ago, Viceroymenthol said:

I like this watch for the movement, the craft, workmanship and the unique winding mechanism.

Never about the brand or spending money to impress others.

i like independents.

the logical one is on my wish list too.

you might also like the gronefeld 1941 remontoire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9XxgsJ9Hw

Edited by sake
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, MeetWagon said:

Will never buy a used watch. To me a watch carries sentimental value and I like mine unmolested by others. Bought a submariner years back and immediately write off 50% value. Just be contented with what i have. After many moons, mine will also be vintage.....in my eyes....Swee bo? 

Idiot, create a nick just for this fun

16 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Wow, viceroy you so interested in vintage Rolex meh?

Not for me la... I prefer current production cos I like fully functional, water resistant tool watches and the current bracelet and clasps.

This Stahl write up is for the benefit of readers here who are interested in vintage....so that they don't get conned.. by... some people....

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Not for me la... I prefer current production cos I like fully functional, water resistant tool watches and the current bracelet and clasps.

This Stahl write up is for the benefit of readers here who are interested in vintage....so that they don't get conned.. by... some people....

Reading this doesnt really help one from being conned.

but it is informative for sure.  Those who will be conned, will be conned regardless

FYI Vintage Rolexes can also be fully functional and waterproof too. All of mine are.   Its a matter of making sure that one is not buying badly pitted cases, poorly maintained gaskets in casebacks, tubes etc....and doing a service every 5 to 10 yrs depending.  

Old Rolex movements are known to be simpler yet hardier and more durable and tried and tested more than current movements which offer plenty of pomp for the sake of accounting for the price increase.  

Nothing wrong either ways, people like what they like.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1