Watch Part V

Carbon82

11 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

1395284248_IMG_77041.thumb.JPG.dea3f0f8a5c0d6832484681167135adf.JPG 

prefer to slog it out if have that on the writs....unfortunately, dun have...[laugh] :TT_TT:

Oi! Thats a copyrighted signature stone grabbing move leh.   Mai copy hor...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

For those who are keen, DavidSW has a new cermit listed for U$27,675. 

https://davidsw.com/watches/rolex-watch/submariner/rolex-126610lv-submariner-41mm-basil-world-2020-new-model/

As far as i understand, there is a global movement starting to call out a boycott to grey dealers who mark up prices by so much.  Groups of Collectors and dealers alike have sworn off buying the new kermit at such prices.  

I personally believe that the hype will die down becos it is nothing but a steel sub eod and at 3 times msrp makes the buyer a total fool regardless of his wealth.    Hope no one gets stuffed.  

I will never buy at those prices, cant afford it, not rich enough not stupid enough either, sigh....😩🤣

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Oi! Thats a copyrighted signature stone grabbing move leh.   Mai copy hor...

it will never be the same bro...that important "master piece" is missing...:TT_TT: sad sad...

Howdy folks. I need to get an chronograph omega seamaster and moonphase longines master serviced. Both watches about 10-11 years old.

Does anyone have a reliable shop to recommend?

16 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

As far as i understand, there is a global movement starting to call out a boycott to grey dealers who mark up prices by so much.  Groups of Collectors and dealers alike have sworn off buying the new kermit at such prices.  

I personally believe that the hype will die down becos it is nothing but a steel sub eod and at 3 times msrp makes the buyer a total fool regardless of his wealth.    Hope no one gets stuffed.  

I will never buy at those prices, cant afford it, not rich enough not stupid enough either, sigh....😩🤣

we hope for the movement too so that we can all enjoy the watches at reasonable prices....

what about Rolex setting up their own direct boutiques rather than assigning it to ADs? one way to kill off the supply to grey?

3 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

we hope for the movement too so that we can all enjoy the watches at reasonable prices....

what about Rolex setting up their own direct boutiques rather than assigning it to ADs? one way to kill off the supply to grey?

Why would Rolex want to fix what ain't broke?

The current situation plays to their advantage superbly.

The moment they make their steel sports watches accessible to everyone, they would become another Omega.  And nobody would buy their Datejust and OP any more, which is their bread and butter.

• Praise 2

se-diver300m-heliumvalve-small.jpg

When this variant was first launched, the market loved it, and for the first time in decades, Omega found that demand outstripped their supply. There was even a premium attached to this watch in the gray market.

So what did Omega do?

They ramped up supply of this variant to ensure they could satisfy global demand. Needless to say, the desirability of this watch plummeted, and with it, its market prices.

Obviously Omega had not learnt from their marketing mistakes made in the 70s and 80s that destroyed their branding, and resulted in them playing second fiddle to Rolex.

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Groups of Collectors and dealers alike have sworn off buying the new kermit at such prices. 

Once these people acknowledge that the skyrocketing value of their vintage/neo-vintage/current steel sports Rolex collection is entirely due to the halo effect of the unobtainable nature of current production SS Rolex from the AD, they will sing a different tune.

For Rolex market pricing, there is an unspoken hierarchy. Certain models cannot surpass another in market pricing, and certain generations (4 digit, 5 digit tritium, 5 digit luminova, 6 digit, 6.1, 6.2, etc) cannot surpass another. If one model moves in price, another model will follow. This is further complicated with the factoring in of precious metals sports models.

May I draw an analogy to the Singapore property landscape.

Non-landed private property prices in general are directly supported by prices in the EC and HDB market. If the HDB market prices rise/crash, the EC and private condo prices will soon follow.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

i believe every watch company dream to be like rolex .... 

release new model actually not new new .... 

the same rolex design can hash, rehash and cycle-back-hash ... again and again

but can demand price smelly smelly 20-30% up ... huat until siao!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 6

This guy here makes the most sense. It's only a Rolex, nowhere near haute horology.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost.php?p=10901880&postcount=397

"Not a single soul I know would look at a Rolex Sub with a green dial, and believe you if you told that person you paid $30 grand for it.

Either that person will think you are insane, or just B.S'ing out of boredom.

SS Rolex Sub looks and feels like a $10k watch, tops. Throw a $3-4k grey premium for "hard to get" color combo, and this is the regular "market".

I am sure any person shelling out these top dollars for this Rolex Sub will go on to learn a very expensive lesson in future. They call that "buy high, become a bag holder or sell low".

an AP ROC on the other hand does look and feel like a $25-30K watch. An AP / Patek in PM looks and feels like a $30-40K watch. A SS Rolex Sub in green? hell no, lol.

For the record, I am a Rolex fan and own a GMT and Daytona."

:D:D:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

22 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Actually its very simple. stick to the winning design. Tweak slightly but keep the essence intact no matter what.

Dont keh kiang too much.

Classics never die, they only get better.   Look at all the top brands with rich history.   Same.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 5

23 hours ago, Wt_know said:

So keep few model supply low so that demand remain high and ur brand will be highly sought after. 

rolex without sports model is same like omega if they rely on DJ and OP lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1