Watch Part V

Carbon82

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

You have a small wrist! looks nice on you!

Thanks thanks. 

the bigger watches does look more challenging for me.. 

but thankfully I’m more a dress watch person so the usual 38-39 are still ok. Plus the bezels are usually thinner as well so... 

the 42-44s are hit and miss(more miss) and I can’t carry it off much... 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Actually feel that that size is already slightly big for his wrist width.

Because Santos is a squarish watch, the "square" bezel looks best when seated well within the span of the wrist.

To each his own, however.

I get what you mean. yah. I also have small wrist so I have problem buying watch. hahahhaha.

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Prefer old school Daytonas

got more feel 😄 and a serious regal kinda look

new ones seem toyish looking

A4961232-A084-4FAC-876C-673EC1CECE11.jpeg

Nice but gold on the bezel and dial a bit too much for me to carry off I guess... 
not a towkay like u 

had the chance to get the WG with diamond index one(Pre-owned) like yours a couple of years ago but passed off on it. Now still feel a bit wasted as I couldn’t find one that is in as good condition back then plus the price increase for the Daytona is 😭

49 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

Nice but gold on the bezel and dial a bit too much for me to carry off I guess... 
not a towkay like u 

had the chance to get the WG with diamond index one(Pre-owned) like yours a couple of years ago but passed off on it. Now still feel a bit wasted as I couldn’t find one that is in as good condition back then plus the price increase for the Daytona is 😭

I unemployed bum lah..... got what wear what, cannot hiam.

i sold a complete set Daytona 116518 black diamond index dial for $22.5k, but theres no time for regrets ...... move on....

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, mersaylee said:

How cum the font size is different from those two posted earlier? This is looks “bolded” 

i think one is santos Dumont, slim manual wind

the one solo pic is cartier de santos?

Edited by Vegas
  • Praise 3

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Dp26 said:

Thanks thanks. 

the bigger watches does look more challenging for me.. 

but thankfully I’m more a dress watch person so the usual 38-39 are still ok. Plus the bezels are usually thinner as well so... 

the 42-44s are hit and miss(more miss) and I can’t carry it off much... 

Same. I am aiming for a 39mm brietling colt.

https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/breitling-colt-oceane-stainless-steel-automatic--id12376638.htm

Haha. see this year I got bonus anot. If have can pamper myself abit.

1 hour ago, Vegas said:

i think one is santos Dumont, slim manual wind

the one solo pic is cartier de santos?

Yup it’s a santos 

sorry if it wasn’t clear at first 

was just referring to the similarity of the half gold bezel ...

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

I unemployed bum lah..... got what wear what, cannot hiam.

i sold a complete set Daytona 116518 black diamond index dial for $22.5k, but theres no time for regrets ...... move on....

Got what wear what is for those that got 1 piece only no choice. 

for u is different, is got many but dunno which one to wear!! 

• Haha! 1

36mm is classic size.  Great balance for non sports Rolex. Classic never dies.   Rolex understands that while improvements and new ideas must evolve, its simply stupidity to reinvent the wheel.   

Panerai is smart in making the U turn to go smaller.  38mm proportion is excellent and will find its place..  But not sure if they can maintain the long term brand loyalty

Tudor has done well, capitalizing on its heritage with retro designs for its dive watches, successfully “ending” the journey of its reliance on big brother Rolex.  

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

36mm is classic size.  Great balance for non sports Rolex. Classic never dies.   Rolex understands that while improvements and new ideas must evolve, its simply stupidity to reinvent the wheel.   

Panerai is smart in making the U turn to go smaller.  38mm proportion is excellent and will find its place..  But not sure if they can maintain the long term brand loyalty

Tudor has done well, capitalizing on its heritage with retro designs for its dive watches, successfully “ending” the journey of its reliance on big brother Rolex.  

Agreed. Belong to the group that thinks Exp 1 should be 36mm classic proportion. Lately hearing news even the current 39mm Explorer may suffer the same fate as the OPs and will no longer be offered in 39mm.

Everything is going upsize..

The new Sub is now 41mm making my decision to get a Blue/Black bay even easier.

Edited by Atachi

44 minutes ago, Atachi said:

Agreed. Belong to the group that thinks Exp 1 should be 36mm classic proportion. Lately hearing news even the current 39mm Explorer may suffer the same fate as the OPs and will no longer be offered in 39mm.

Everything is going upsize..

The new Sub is now 41mm making my decision to get a Blue/Black bay even easier.

Actually whats probably more important than just the case size is the proportions and profiles with respect to the whole watch, dial design, crown size.

Some of Rolexes previous “upgrades” failed largely (pun intended) becos of poor proportions and profiles.

Most famous Losers in this Category included the Daydate2, Datejust2 which was then replaced with DayDate40 and Datejust41

The Daydate40 became an instant hit due to its perfect proportions despite a larger case for this iconic model, also for the use of a mesmerizing never seen before olive green dial.

The Datejust41 (which i recently bought)  shared this success for similar reasons.  

However, despite bigger sizes, the classic 36mm will always have its place in a Rolex collectors portfolio.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1