Watch Part V

Carbon82

23 hours ago, Weez911 said:

This will mean the 5740 will now cost $177,700, same as the Golf GTI 😢

I saw a recent article that the wealth gap is increasing post Covid. This strikes a chord...

I always tell my wife that sometimes the watch people wearing more expensive than the car we driving!

12 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

You can try Watchklinik at Tanglin 

Many many years ago I have this Hugo boss watch that was a gift from the gf back and something spoilt, can’t remember What though. 

being a gift from a precious gf, need to get it repaired and this was the nearest place to my office. 
they did a good and professional job  

They just wondering why I would go there to fix it when it could be done at many other places for cheaper. $300 watch go there fix $100++

nvr use brain think... 

9 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

I always tell my wife that sometimes the watch people wearing more expensive than the car we driving!

coz pple now know where to put their money.....would you rather out 200k on a watch or 200k on car? the still have an opportunity to go up. the latter 100% or rather 99% sure lose money.

I rather be seen in a normal car and wearing a special watch..:-) but each his own...[:p] 

18 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

And some of them chose to drive b&b coe car🤪

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

And some of them chose to drive b&b coe car🤪

I have a friend who has a 3m patek collection but he has no car. 

There is a customer of mine who bought a huge landed house to keep his 8-figure worth paintings. He has another house and drives a Corolla. 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

There is a customer of mine who bought a huge landed house to keep his 8-figure worth paintings. He has another house and drives a Corolla. 

Changing my ride to drive a corolla now!! taking the first step to own a PP [laugh]

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

A 3m Patek owner can definitely afford a corolla 

but corolla owner doesn’t necessarily can own a Patek! Much less 3m worth! 

had a close friend’s dad that came to me couple of years ago to help him find a lawyer to write a will. 

Then I realised this singlet bicycle riding ah pek around my HDB has more than couple of M assets. 

Nvr tell my friend but he will be glad his dad is a fantastic saver!

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Dp26 said:

Many many years ago I have this Hugo boss watch that was a gift from the gf back and something spoilt, can’t remember What though. 

being a gift from a precious gf, need to get it repaired and this was the nearest place to my office. 
they did a good and professional job  

They just wondering why I would go there to fix it when it could be done at many other places for cheaper. $300 watch go there fix $100++

nvr use brain think... 

$300 watch, spoil just throw away, why fix?  😁

ok it was from your precious GF...... where is she now?

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

By choice not by circumstances.  

In MCF, somehow a lot of people think that others can only hv one or the other. Nice watch or nice car or nice house. 

I always wondered why?   Many people can have all of the above.  Its those half past six type who cannot.  And the same half past six type who thinks that other people are similar to them.   🤦

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

$300 watch, spoil just throw away, why fix?  😁

ok it was from your precious GF...... where is she now?

Same as the watch. 

far away in some dustbin. Lol 

• Haha! 1

Wow.. really nice Patek Complications you guys have.  I am sure you guys are C-suite executives, top lawyers, bankers, doctors, scions of big family businesses, shipping magnates, etc. Rock solid, respectable pillars of our economy and society.

Have always thought that there was a certain level of societal status one has to attain, or born into, before he/she was able to wear (and not simply buy) a Patek Philippe comfortably. I mean, a watch has to suit a man's societal status, level of refinement, pedigree and wealth, otherwise it would be like putting a silk hat on a pig. Or am I being too traditional?

I was at the Bencoolen recently, that low SES haven of gray dealerships and pre-owned watch dealers, having some work done on an old Rolex, when a guy with an uncouth face, blonde hair, earrings and tattoos walked in and started speaking roughly in Hokkien to the shop owner about having an AP polished.

This chap with blonde hair, tattooed arms, big earrings, Alexander Mcqueen shirt, Saint Laurent boots, was wearing a full rose gold bracelet Nautilus.

Previously I had never dared to consider Patek or anything above that class because I had thought my career trajectory, societal status, and most importantly my net worth wasn't anywhere close to what I had imagined a Patek owner's to be.

Perhaps I was wrong all along? :D

• Haha! 4

50 minutes ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Wow.. really nice Patek Complications you guys have.  I am sure you guys are C-suite executives, top lawyers, bankers, doctors, scions of big family businesses, shipping magnates, etc. Rock solid, respectable pillars of our economy and society.

Have always thought that there was a certain level of societal status one has to attain, or born into, before he/she was able to wear (and not simply buy) a Patek Philippe comfortably. I mean, a watch has to suit a man's societal status, level of refinement, pedigree and wealth, otherwise it would be like putting a silk hat on a pig. Or am I being too traditional?

I was at the Bencoolen recently, that low SES haven of gray dealerships and pre-owned watch dealers, having some work done on an old Rolex, when a guy with an uncouth face, blonde hair, earrings and tattoos walked in and started speaking roughly in Hokkien to the shop owner about having an AP polished.

This chap with blonde hair, tattooed arms, big earrings, Alexander Mcqueen shirt, Saint Laurent boots, was wearing a full rose gold bracelet Nautilus.

Previously I had never dared to consider Patek or anything above that class because I had thought my career trajectory, societal status, and most importantly my net worth wasn't anywhere close to what I had imagined a Patek owner's to be.

U no need wear watch ald can tell high SES. Real high SES doesnt need to try hard😂

• Haha! 1

Entrepreneurship is a great leveler. The wonderful thing is that money is not the sole currency when it comes to starting a business; drive, determination, passion and hard work are all free and more valuable than a pot of cash. ~ Richard Branson

20201003_074951.thumb.jpg.eb294af4192fe299d6f3cd7f99c7784f.jpg

• Praise 8

9 hours ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Bro you overthink liao. Famous Yakuza (Jiro Yanagawa with his Nautilus) and mafia (Lucky Luciano with his Calatrava) bosses also wear Patek. These days we have rappers, celebs, sportsmen and influencers wearing Patek. I just take it like a hobby nothing more. :a-toast:

969683384_JiroYanagawa.jpg.fe50856cbdcdc14054f47cc7e27cfb82.jpg

2013917823_LuckyLuciano.jpg.f27f62f3d9f77dc8f1c45217dac0f370.jpg

• Praise 4

On 10/2/2020 at 11:09 PM, Viceroymenthol said:

Maybe that blond chap is royalty ? Lol

never view myself as anything more than another normal person down the street. 
Does that mean I can’t/shouldn’t buy a PP if I want and can afford ? 

or if I’m a bit better off/well to do I can’t buy/wear a G-shock? 

wear the watch and not let the watch wear you 

you worked hard for your money and nobody should decide for you how u should use it  

how I view myself is more impt than how others view me 

but that’s me la 

different strokes for different folks 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4