Watch Part V

Carbon82

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes but I prefer the precision of a digital display, and that also gives me AP-homage vibes. 😂

BEST OF BOTH WORLD! haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

A simple unassuming and really cheap watch, but I fell in love with the stealth retro cyber-ninja look with the negative LCD and I just had to get it. Ordered it online, came within 3 days. 😁

IMG_20201021_143342.jpg

Wah swee

sibei stealth, i hope i can do the same one day.  Zen.......

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah swee

sibei stealth, i hope i can do the same one day.  Zen.......

Stealth doesn't become a big boss like you lah towkay, only small fry like me. 😂

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Stealth doesn't become a big boss like you lah towkay, only small fry like me. 😂

Jobless how to big boss? 😪

you the in-house supercar laoda leh

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Jobless how to big boss? 😪

you the in-house supercar laoda leh

I am a small fish in a big pond. 

Still carik makan. One day I hope to be "jobless" and enjoying cigars like you, boss. 😁

On 10/18/2020 at 1:19 PM, Freeder said:

Wah.. Maurice Lacroix above FPJ & RD😂😂

46B59AC4-D53D-452B-BE0D-DA0A19BFCE84.jpeg

I'm amazed that VC is ranked so low. They're part of the big 4.

@Turboflat4

D5500BB?

$100 fair price?

but theres one thing i dont like. The steel buckle.  It should have been black to complete the true stealth look....hai

But nevermind, LaoDa buy, i also buy

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

@Turboflat4 can share where to buy? What model?

Sure. It's a DWB-5500. 

I bought mine on Creationwatches.com. Local online shop. 

Listing:https://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-digital-350/casio-g-shock-dw-d5500bb-1-dwd5500bb-1-quartz-digital-200m-mens-watch-15197.html

Was 117 bucks when I got it, now one buck cheaper.

There's a promo code out there on the web which worked for me, got another few bucks off. "MANONTIME", I think. Try it, doesn't hurt. 

They send it by Speedpost, ordered mine Saturday, at my gate Tuesday. As a discount seller, they generally give generic folding boxes (unless you select ADDON options), but dunno why so nice to me that I got the original casio hexagonal prism tin and casio cardboard box. Maybe because I sweet talked their sales staff Sally on email. 😂, she actually replied she was going to give me the original boxes. Amazing. Of course stamped warranty card, tags, module manual etc. included. 

Creationwatches is the partner company of ZW watches, which advertises on chrono24. ZW watches is prompt in responding to messages on chrono24. Their pricing for this is somewhat higher (about 124 sgd) but that's not the main reason I went with creationwatches - it's just that creation offered PayPal (which I trust) while I had to go thru escrow on chrono24 with ZW, and all I have is VISA protection, which is not reliable. 100 bucks not much, but still money lol. And credit card conversion rates apply as the escrow must be done in usd on chrono24. So that's why I went with PayPal on Creationwatches.com. 

By the way, I did a UEN check etc. and these companies are both under REDSOL PTE LTD, which is fairly established. Of course, I also did the usual lookup on watchuseek etc. As you can see, I do some legwork before committing to these online merchants. 

Vincent Watches, skywatches all that, my usual go to guys whom I've used before - don't have this particular model. Only the 5600, and I'm already bored of that shape. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

@Turboflat4

D5500BB?

$100 fair price?

but theres one thing i dont like. The steel buckle.  It should have been black to complete the true stealth look....hai

Black buckle with dull brushed finish - true, would've been perfect. 

26 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sure. It's a DWB-5500. 

I bought mine on Creationwatches.com. Local online shop. 

Listing:https://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-digital-350/casio-g-shock-dw-d5500bb-1-dwd5500bb-1-quartz-digital-200m-mens-watch-15197.html

Was 117 bucks when I got it, now one buck cheaper.

There's a promo code out there on the web which worked for me, got another few bucks off. "MANONTIME", I think. Try it, doesn't hurt. 

They send it by Speedpost, ordered mine Saturday, at my gate Tuesday. As a discount seller, they generally give generic folding boxes (unless you select ADDON options), but dunno why so nice to me that I got the original casio hexagonal prism tin and casio cardboard box. Maybe because I sweet talked their sales staff Sally on email. 😂, she actually replied she was going to give me the original boxes. Amazing. Of course stamped warranty card, tags, module manual etc. included. 

Creationwatches is the partner company of ZW watches, which advertises on chrono24. ZW watches is prompt in responding to messages on chrono24. Their pricing for this is somewhat higher (about 124 sgd) but that's not the main reason I went with creationwatches - it's just that creation offered PayPal (which I trust) while I had to go thru escrow on chrono24 with ZW, and all I have is VISA protection, which is not reliable. 100 bucks not much, but still money lol. And credit card conversion rates apply as the escrow must be done in usd on chrono24. So that's why I went with PayPal on Creationwatches.com. 

By the way, I did a UEN check etc. and these companies are both under REDSOL PTE LTD, which is fairly established. Of course, I also did the usual lookup on watchuseek etc. As you can see, I do some legwork before committing to these online merchants. 

Vincent Watches, skywatches all that, my usual go to guys whom I've used before - don't have this particular model. Only the 5600, and I'm already bored of that shape. 

I went on Ebay SG. Bought $106.72 shipped. 

5600 not nice , not retro enough

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I went on Ebay SG. Bought $106.72 shipped. 

5600 not nice , not retro enough

Well done. Post wrist pics of course. 😁