Watch Part V

Carbon82

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

Back to Rolex

image.jpg

I am more envious of the Magnum. Mmm. Sadly I am lactose intolerant (gluten not an issue with Magnum). Long time since I had one.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

You whack hard, got backfire or not? Boom Boom 

No lah. Not tuned. 😁

BMW got. But right now, chip is out of car. 

13 minutes ago, Porker said:

Anyone knows a good Rolex sales person? Please PM me. I'm helping a friend get on waitlist for a GMT Master. Thanks.

Muayhahahahahahahahaha.

what waitlist?  You joking right?

Edited by Throttle2

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Muayhahahahahahahahaha.

what waitlist?  You joking right?

Mai suan siao lah boss. We're all new to Rolex. He's interested in a root beer. Can introduce?

1 hour ago, Porker said:

Mai suan siao lah boss. We're all new to Rolex. He's interested in a root beer. Can introduce?

Rootbeer, can try to walk in  and ask.  
Thats what i do too.  Sorry no one to introduce.   I bought from Watch palace , Dickson, Kee Hing Hung.before

50 minutes ago, Vegas said:

nowadays, rolexes sell by itself. kns

my se at THG tell me dun intro pple to them buying rolexes. 99% flippers

Thats the problem.  
Hermes PP also kena flippers

1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Thats the problem.  
Hermes PP also kena flippers

This is what makes it more difficult for sincere first time buyers to get a new watch, let alone a good deal with a proper discount. And it takes many purchases to form a trusting relationship now. 

Luxury watchmakers should take a leaf out of Ferrari's book and start banning flippers from buying any watches from any AD worldwide. Or are they already doing this? 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

This is what makes it more difficult for sincere first time buyers to get a new watch, let alone a good deal with a proper discount. And it takes many purchases to form a trusting relationship now. 

Luxury watchmakers should take a leaf out of Ferrari's book and start banning flippers from buying any watches from any AD worldwide. Or are they already doing this? 

Yes, it was so much more fun in the good old days.  Can buy relatively easily what we like.  

Now at least 50% of buyers are flippers.

Its not quite possible for Rolex to really iradicate flippers due to its distribution model.  in a way, they have been trying.  But all they can control are the ADs. No one else.  Moreover ADs also can play punk.  Several ADs who played punk previously are not longer Rolex ADs.

last time ADs keep watches in drawers and if you express willingness to pay higher it is made available.  Then Rolex insisted ADs not to deviate from MSRP.  But ADs can still “sell” the watches at MSRP to themselves, and release it at higher in the grey market.  So Rolex is kinda playing catch up all the time.   Bbottomline is they dont need to care.  The watches fly off the factories, either ways.

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Yes, it was so much more fun in the good old days.  Can buy relatively easily what we like.  

Now at least 50% of buyers are flippers.

Its not quite possible for Rolex to really iradicate flippers due to its distribution model.  in a way, they have been trying.  But all they can control are the ADs. No one else.  Moreover ADs also can play punk.  Several ADs who played punk previously are not longer Rolex ADs.

last time ADs keep watches in drawers and if you express willingness to pay higher it is made available.  Then Rolex insisted ADs not to deviate from MSRP.  But ADs can still “sell” the watches at MSRP to themselves, and release it at higher in the grey market.  So Rolex is kinda playing catch up all the time.   Bbottomline is they dont need to care.  The watches fly off the factories, either ways.

I am not in favour of ADs marking up the price. That would only line their pockets, while doing little to discourage flipping. 

And AD personnel who flip the watches themselves should simply be banned from the trade. The entire AD should be immediately blacklisted along with all management staff by name and blocked from ever buying a single new Rolex again. Don't even need to wait for AD managers to play innocent and say they will sack the culprit etc. And if the AD managers are playing the game through intermediate shills, fine, blacklist every single one of those shills by name from buying Rolexes and let's see how long it takes for the AD guys to run out of accomplices. 

The point is, there is a lot more that can be done but Rolex may not be willing to do it as long as the inventory is still moving fast.

Edited by Turboflat4

A lot more can be done but Rolex has no better control until it changes its distribution model.  ie. Not using distributors.  Only using Rolex fully owned boutiques which there is none today.😀

So the flipping, mispricing and bullcrap continues.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

think there are 4 rolex only boutiques in SG. all run by Distys

ADs management will never allow selling above list. but the young hungry sales pple can form a group of 10 to 20 pax, every watch allocate to this grp. in no time, all these watches will be in other countries. Current grey market watches typically inter-continent. intra countries getting less and less.

was at knightsbride thg a few weeks ago, many small grp of youngsters just walk in and ask for PP Nautilus, Aquanaut, Rolex profession. openly declare they can pay premium separately...

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1