Watch Part V

Carbon82

12 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Any feedback on this Eisenkiesel diamond-set DD40? I think the dial is beautiful. 

2137483072_Screenshot_20210412-214049_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.4ca99ac8a59fb4313cc45f87a12a7aa5.jpg

The new DD40 hits a homerun in the proportions and watch overall dimensions.

while making it the same size as its sports series, Rolex has succeeded in maintain the elegant classic feel and look of the original DD.

I missed out on the DD40 due to my own slack.  Now wont chase anymore since it is 40-50% higher in the grey.

moving on....😕

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yep, there is no possibility of stopping this hobby. Every year the hype at BaselWorld and now W&W just move the momentum on. It is highly addictive.

Personally I think it is a good thing Rolex did not release brand new GMT (oyster bracelet doesn't count), sub and Daytona this year. It allows buyers to skip their sport allocation from AD for 1 year until the next W&W.

Patek, on the other hand, has released some nice poison this year, but all their nice stuff are damn difficult to get. That green AP Jumbo is also great, as well as the VCO PC (I understand VC has stopped taking orders for the VCO skeleton PC due to overwhelming response). Overall a very nice W&W 2021. Wish I could travel there after Covid is gone.

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

The new DD40 hits a homerun in the proportions and watch overall dimensions.

while making it the same size as its sports series, Rolex has succeeded in maintain the elegant classic feel and look of the original DD.

I missed out on the DD40 due to my own slack.  Now wont chase anymore since it is 40-50% higher in the grey.

moving on....😕

Yes I agree the DD40 proportion is perfect.

I think it (except for the olive green and blue dial) is still achievable from the local ADs, but with a little wait. Until late last year I still saw the Meteorite DD40 at THG. If you walk in with your vintage Rolex and if the SE is one who appreciates one, you will get your watches fairly quickly when they know you are a watch connoisseur/hobbyist.

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Yes I agree the DD40 proportion is perfect.

I think it (except for the olive green and blue dial) is still achievable from the local ADs, but with a little wait. Until late last year I still saw the Meteorite DD40 at THG. If you walk in with your vintage Rolex and if the SE is one who appreciates one, you will get your watches fairly quickly when they know you are a watch connoisseur/hobbyist.

Yes the olive green.
was offered $50.6k nett in Rolex Marina Square
was offered $45k nett in Rolex Ginza Tokyo, dec 19.

but there really was no hurry, i felt.  So didnt buy.  There is no hurry still today, just a mini sense of loss 🤣

i think i am going to Watch Palace this week to see what solid gold they have....haha

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Yep, there is no possibility of stopping this hobby. Every year the hype at BaselWorld and now W&W just move the momentum on. It is highly addictive.

Personally I think it is a good thing Rolex did not release brand new GMT (oyster bracelet doesn't count), sub and Daytona this year. It allows buyers to skip their sport allocation from AD for 1 year until the next W&W.

Patek, on the other hand, has released some nice poison this year, but all their nice stuff are damn difficult to get. That green AP Jumbo is also great, as well as the VCO PC (I understand VC has stopped taking orders for the VCO skeleton PC due to overwhelming response). Overall a very nice W&W 2021. Wish I could travel there after Covid is gone.

PP new release. Are you looking to get one of these? 

DA7BC726-2E7D-43A3-89D0-B07CE15F3E63.jpeg

98020FF3-2D8E-49CA-9194-9C1D67E459DE.png

• Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

me too...kept thinking the next one....but cannot get....from AD.....unless go grey, but i reaaly dun have the heart to sink the $$ on grey know that AD is selling it way cheaper..[:(]

still hunting/waiting for my 3rd one.... [:(]

I buy only from AD....but need to wait...haha

7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Yes the olive green.
was offered $50.6k nett in Rolex Marina Square
was offered $45k nett in Rolex Ginza Tokyo, dec 19.

but there really was no hurry, i felt.  So didnt buy.  There is no hurry still today, just a mini sense of loss 🤣

i think i am going to Watch Palace this week to see what solid gold they have....haha

Good luck bro - I haven't gone to WP for a while but maybe they still have gold pieces. Can try Emperor at Wisma and Hilton also since they are nearby only.

I understand that sense of loss feeling. I have been offered the AP15202 by the AP Boutique in 2016 but did not pull the trigger. It has just been discontinued and the value is now 130k. nbz.

3 minutes ago, Damienic said:

PP new release. Are you looking to get one of these? 

These are nice but I'm more interested in the PC. However at 41mm, need to try on the wrist first to be sure.

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Good luck bro - I haven't gone to WP for a while but maybe they still have gold pieces. Can try Emperor at Wisma and Hilton also since they are nearby only.

I understand that sense of loss feeling. I have been offered the AP15202 by the AP Boutique in 2016 but did not pull the trigger. It has just been discontinued and the value is now 130k. nbz.

These are nice but I'm more interested in the PC. However at 41mm, need to try on the wrist first to be sure.

Oh wow, you are looking at this one? Damn nice but price also very nice. Haha 

469C586B-22F4-425E-8F1F-1C21D59B1325.png

10 minutes ago, Damienic said:

Oh wow, you are looking at this one? Damn nice but price also very nice. Haha 

469C586B-22F4-425E-8F1F-1C21D59B1325.png

It is priced this way because of the platinum case and rotor, and a new PC movement. The price is ok in my view.

5 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

@Weez911

@Carbon82 

For honour and glory :a-shoot:

oris_swiss_1567322581_8f3dfb4f_progressive.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-13-13-18-59-785_com.thecarousell.Carousell.jpg

Is this the latest batch of MR watch? Instead of submariner, should have given them skydweller since we are airborne instead of diver.

Edited by Weez911
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Is this the latest batch of MR watch? Instead of submariner, should have given them skydweller since we are airborne instead of diver.

no lah...MR was minute repeater 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

It is priced this way because of the platinum case and rotor, and a new PC movement. The price is ok in my view.

I like the size. But not the price 😂

• Haha! 2

Went to see 911.....

but in the end didnt buy.    
hai....买不下。 

More than half a million bucks ,Its gonna be a real waste of money to use it for 3,000km per year   I need to find a job like TurboFlat's first....😁

0264586C-E11D-4A79-B8E1-136DDB6650C8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Inlinefour said:

For honour and glory :a-shoot:

oris_swiss_1567322581_8f3dfb4f_progressive.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-13-13-18-59-785_com.thecarousell.Carousell.jpg

i hope government give more recognition to NS than now.  not just in term of monetary, but other form like priority for housing , schooling for kids etc. 

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Viceroymenthol said:

WP are just a higher lifeform than KKJ...oops..KHH...same game. It runs in the genes after all. Do you guys believe in retribution?

Bunch of low life there..

Really xia sway Rolex brand with all those shameless PLP postings.. Yucks..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Bunch of low life there..

Really xia sway Rolex brand with all those shameless PLP postings.. Yucks..

If only it were so simple.. LOL! PLP write essay can get Daytona C, Sub, GMT Pepsi?  New customer bua long long walk in, express interest, next week get The Call?  You believe? Apparently many do.

They have been caught faking it before: photos presenting customer with apparently brand new year 2019 or 2020 watch....but sharp eyed viewers saw it's an older generation Rolex box. Not very good at maintaining their narrative and their wayang, obviously.

And yes I literally meant WP and KKJ are of the same genes. And I also meant that tragic retribution had been dealt upon their family early last year at Lucky Plaza. Let's see if there is more to come.

Edited by Viceroymenthol
↡ Advertisement