Watch Part V

Carbon82

Supercharged
20 hours ago, Dannnn said:

i personally feel for your first one, just go grey. then if you want more, slowly build up profile from AD, as it take years.

if you buy other useless watch which you dont need , by the time you get what you want, or you dont even get it, the price already rise up over 30k liao .

agree, go grey if you can afford...dun waste time, get it and don't look back, just make sure comes with proper paper and boxes...

i have bought 2 rollies and recommended a few frens to buy as well from my AD, and until now still no sight of my Starbucks or Rootber...instead was offered Sarsi...[laugh]

Tiffany OP also dun have...base model leh and prices in grey is crazy for this model!!

given up hope....now building my bullets till Q3 and see what is available...if nothing, just continue to look see look see.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, vectra73 said:

@Weez911 Bro, where is this. CO wants some jap for his BD.

This is at Hachi, National Gallery. She will like it.

• Praise 2

(edited)

2021 Rolax Watches. Video taken in SG, price tags shows SGD.

Edited by Atachi
  • Praise 3

@vectra73 Haha! Not sure why he did part 1 in Mandarin and part 2 in English.

I'll mute the audio and skip ahead to just view the watch. Anyway not much of a review more of his personal opinions. [thumbsup]

Turbocharged
On 5/8/2021 at 9:55 PM, SGCM928 said:

Thank you @Bacteria83 and @Dannnn for sharing your opinion. 

This will be my first branded watch. I quite like the look of the Root Beer after seeing one of my acquaintance wearing one. Although I would prefer the slightly less flashy S/S Pepsi, but the premium is too much to swallow and not to mention the super long wait list.

Here is another question. I have never bought a Rolex from any AD before, so will they add me to their wait list if I am just a walk in customer? Or do I need to buy some other watches from them first? Any particular AD to recommend? 

Thank you once again. 

Bro, if you just want one for wearing, go grey. If you are those "see one, then itchy and want one more". I suggest you go to find one friendly AD and get close to find out what is the term they asking from you to release you one before getting into it. My boss spent 26K  on 2 Omega (I asked for or got my 25th anniversary Seamaster)  and of cos still asking for PP. On same day my AD friend just go inside and release one 41mm 2 tone sub with the excuse of "making friend with my boss" 

This is how the market works now. That is why I always help friends buy their non Rolex watches to top up my credits

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, vectra73 said:

@Atachi Yes, very personal opinion. There's so many good reviewers compared to him. Still dare to asked people to Like his page 😨

That day I saw one pretty gal introducing the vintage sub was so much better. Maybe some bros can post that. Haha

• Praise 1

Thank you for all the input. This is the first time I am buying a Rolex, and purely just to reward myself. Thought of going AD to put my name on the warranty card, but seems like mission impossible from the replies here. 

So for grey, is it referring to non AD such as Watches of Switzerland, Chuan Watch or even pawn shop such as Value Max? Sorry for the noob question again, but any reputable one? And what would be consider "reasonable" for the Root Beer? 

Sigh, didn't know that buying a Rolex can be so complicated. 😓

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, SGCM928 said:

Thank you for all the input. This is the first time I am buying a Rolex, and purely just to reward myself. Thought of going AD to put my name on the warranty card, but seems like mission impossible from the replies here. 

So for grey, is it referring to non AD such as Watches of Switzerland, Chuan Watch or even pawn shop such as Value Max? Sorry for the noob question again, but any reputable one? And what would be consider "reasonable" for the Root Beer? 

watches of switzeland is part of hour glass. But they dun carry rolex.

Rootbeer (2 tone) now above 28k

no, warrenty card now have no names liao.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
9 hours ago, SGCM928 said:

depending on which model you are looking for - if Datejust still can get if you willing to wait and do some leg work....sports model, can forget about it.

Value Max is not grey and grey dealers are those that buy and sell - heck is the same principle!! i guess they are the same....hahahha...dunno what i am writing..[laugh]

rootbeer...i think hitting 28k/29k....when i 1st looked at it was 23k/24k, last year or was it 2019...last year like lost year...dunno what happened to it :ouch-it-hurts: 

watch hunting should be fun, enjoy the process....but looking for a rolex SS Sports, is like mission impossible with AD!!...buy one that you like and enjoy it. 

IMG_8089[1].JPG

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, SGCM928 said:

It's complicated bcos most people go buy that sports model and many of them start to buy, not wear then sell to the grey dealers and mark up cos people cannot find. 

Data shows that not only people in other third world upcoming countries (Especially China) are buying but people in Europe and Switzerland are also increasingly buying. Of cos Rolex realize that if they keep market hungry, the price can keep increasing and they got zero inventory as they work on their production comfortably or whatever. This is on the opposite that if they flood market with the numbers and let people buy what they want. What if sales drop and they have to handle all the over capacity?

It is not like those day where you call your AD and they say "Ok, I keep for you, when you come collect". Those days, even Daytona is easily available on certain models.

I got my root beer at $19,990 last year after waiting for a long time and drinking teh tarik, lemon tea and other drinks. So personally, if $24/5k I think reasonable lah. One Sub which I got for one of my friend, we decided that paying 3k extra cos we don't wanna wait

• Praise 4

Supercharged
53 minutes ago, Maskedrider said:

Hi Guys, just to share my first Tudor watch 

319E619E-EE73-43EC-9D7D-0C0F8FA500A5.jpeg

Nice....been wearing my Tudor lately..desk dive at home unfortunately...

IMG_8737[1].JPG

• Praise 4

Supercharged

guys, is it true that normal watch shops now dun accept certain watches if we want to change batt? My tag, had it for the last 20 over years and batt is out, took it to a watch shop but they told me need to take it back to Tag AD to have the batt change....

if true, how much is a batt change at the AD? hope is not going to cost me an arm and leg...[laugh]

↡ Advertisement