Watch Part V

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, Didu said:

I don't know lah...Maybe that's what the wearer is trying to portray.

To a watch lover or enthusiast, the watch is an extension of himself. An identity, an item which represents heritage and values (not monetary value) 

To a non watch lover, its just a tool for its pure function, no different from a plastic bag.  

however there are people who will not be seen dead carrying the wrong plastic bag.  Muayhahhahhahh

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Well thats the price to pay perhaps.  Its all about your own insecurities end of the day.

many hypocrites say dont wear solid gold watch in office , dont drive more expensive car than your boss, etc…  

i say who cares, i dont care when my subordinates drive more expensive car or wear more expensive watches.  
live in bigger houses etc etc etc…
i only care that they can do their jobs well and proper.  Their lives belong to themselves

I can understand where this is coming from, not that I fully agree with it all. 

It’s actually all good if my employee can afford to have all these, meaning I pay him well and he’s bringing in good business for me. 

In a corporate environment, there are still many things that can be very traditional. And apparently, the display of wealth sometimes is not taken very well by the bosses. 

2 hours ago, Dp26 said:

It’s actually all good if my employee can afford to have all these, meaning I pay him well and he’s bringing in good business for me. 

In a corporate environment, there are still many things that can be very traditional. And apparently, the display of wealth sometimes is not taken very well by the bosses. 

Oh of course, why do you think no one in the whole civil service would be seen wearing a solid gold Rolex to work?

muayhahhahhahahahahah

Ooops proded a sensitive spot already….😂😁😂😅😅😅

Edited by Throttle2

2 hours ago, Dp26 said:

Not sure about some people, i am super clear about what a boss should or should not do.  Whether a person drives a more expensive car or wears a more expensive watch is his own personal choice, not the Boss’s and that decision should be respected simply becos he is the Boss.     Good boss not easy to be, wahahaha.    Again we are not discussing  extreme or outlier situations here.

Edited by Throttle2

19 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Oh of course, why do you think no one in the whole civil service would be seen wearing a solid gold Rolex to work?

muayhahhahhahahahahah

Ooops proded a sensitive spot already….😂😁😂😅😅😅

Cos the big boss nvr wear solid gold watch? 

some other countries the big bosses got wear some opulent pieces if I recall. 

On 11/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, Throttle2 said:

Well thats the price to pay perhaps.  Its all about your own insecurities end of the day.

many hypocrites say dont wear solid gold watch in office , dont drive more expensive car than your boss, etc…  

i say who cares, i dont care when my subordinates drive more expensive car or wear more expensive watches.  
live in bigger houses etc etc etc…
i only care that they can do their jobs well and proper.  Their lives belong to themselves

Yes. EXACTLY. Life is too short to be worrying about these things. 

22 hours ago, Dp26 said:

There are good bosses and bad bosses. A significant proportion of the latter are petty, small-minded pieces of shit, and those are probably the ones you're referencing. No need to talk so much about tradition, etc. like being a jerk is some kind of virtue to aspire to. 

Tudor blue (purple) snowflake ref 7021 with roulette date from 1971. 
Rolex oyster case and Rolex twin lock crown.

1F7948C8-4DAD-46F5-8018-69DBDC6A922C.jpeg

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 5

TGIF Again!!! Don't know why but these few weeks i am looking forward to the weekend more and more....

I just can't wait for the weekdays to pass...work is getting to me! 

HAGW ahead enjoy...

Another Seiko....so difficult to get a nice picture of the contrast on this Seiko dial...but if the lights hit the sweet spot, it's mesmerizing...🤣 

IMG_9613[1].JPG

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

On 11/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, Turboflat4 said:

85kg, 170cm - your BMI is now much higher than mine bro. @RadXwill be shocked to hear. 😂

All joking aside, your health is under threat.

I'm down to 93kg, 187.5cm.

I used to be over 160+kg in my ridiculously unhealthy phase. Then I went on a drastic diet. 

Sorry this is not weight watchers thread, just weighty watches

U did IF and/or keto?

Turbocharged
On 12/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, Spidey10 said:

TGIF Again!!! Don't know why but these few weeks i am looking forward to the weekend more and more....

I just can't wait for the weekdays to pass...work is getting to me! 

HAGW ahead enjoy...

Another Seiko....so difficult to get a nice picture of the contrast on this Seiko dial...but if the lights hit the sweet spot, it's mesmerizing...🤣 

IMG_9613[1].JPG

give a feeling of inception 🤯

😂

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

U did IF and/or keto?

Not particularly, although there were occasional missed meals owing to a hectic schedule. But other than that, just caloric restriction and portion reduction. 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Scion said:

give a feeling of inception 🤯

😂

you can say that again!!....all the "new" pple running the show, without thinking the consequences in the coming 2-3 months...a waste of time trying to explain as they can't see the impact of their current actions...I am too old for this..😫 

↡ Advertisement