Watch Part V

Carbon82

Why all want to buy 5513 leh.

i have a last 5513 with bracelet.  All correct and original in very good condition 

its a 1980 Maxi2 dial.    $24.5k ai mai?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
6 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

So far none available from my side.   
keep a look out for you.

A good serif dial 5513 head dating 1973 would cost $18k to $20k now for your reference

May I ask what’s the market price range for a 1995 GMT / Sub ? 
thank you 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

May I ask what’s the market price range for a 1995 GMT / Sub ? 
thank you 

Assuming you are only asking about SS Rolex, Which GMT which sub?

gMT 16700 or GMT 16710? Which color
Sub 16610 or 14060?  
Original complete set or put together set, or no box no papers?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Assuming you are only asking about SS Rolex, Which GMT which sub?

gMT 16700 or GMT 16710? Which color
Sub 16610 or 14060?  
Original complete set or put together set, or no box no papers?

😮 at that time already got different model. Let me study more and let you know. 😊
thank you 

6 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

😮 at that time already got different model. Let me study more and let you know. 😊
thank you 

Yes in 1995 .  If that is your birthyear you would be looking at a W or T series watch 

For GMTmaster, i would recommend the 16700 with quickset date with pepsi bezel insert rather than the GMT2 16710 with seperate GMThand which requires much more effort in setting dates.   However if you are a frequent traveller always crossing timezones then the GMT2 16710 would be easier for the purpose of adjusting time across timezones.  

for Submariner, 16610 is with date, 14060 is without date and non COSC specced.  Both are great watches, just which look and function you prefer.

my take is just buy all of the above.  $50k should more than do the trick for watches only.  
good luck

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
10 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Yes in 1995 .  If that is your birthyear you would be looking at a W or T series watch 

For GMTmaster, i would recommend the 16700 with quickset date with pepsi bezel insert rather than the GMT2 16710 with seperate GMThand which requires much more effort in setting dates.   However if you are a frequent traveller always crossing timezones then the GMT2 16710 would be easier for the purpose of adjusting time across timezones.  

for Submariner, 16610 is with date, 14060 is without date and non COSC specced.  Both are great watches, just which look and function you prefer.

my take is just buy all of the above.  $50k should more than do the trick for watches only.  
good luck

Thank you Sir. Not for my birth year. 

I already have the 1997 GMT 2,  so perhaps i should just focus on the SS Sub as a backup plan in case my original plan fail. 

The 16610, SS Sub with Date, if i am looking for full set, how much will be the estimated market price? 

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, RH1667 said:

Thank you Sir. Not for my birth year. 

I already have the 1997 GMT 2,  so perhaps i should just focus on the SS Sub as a backup plan in case my original plan fail. 

The 16610, SS Sub with Date, if i am looking for full set, how much will be the estimated market price? 

Ref 16610 about $12k - $14k is fair today depending on watch condition

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
25 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Ref 16610 about $12k - $14k is fair today depending on watch condition

Thank you for sharing the price range. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2021 at 9:43 PM, vectra73 said:

Was also thinking to get birth year submariner for my boys, 2003 and 2005. Still have few years to find.

me too, looking for explorer 2001 for my sonny.....finished off his NS and then can start to build up his experience with the birthyear watch...[laugh]

• Praise 2

Supercharged
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 6:38 PM, Throttle2 said:

Time for jacuzzi bath

muayhahhahah

9C1A2590-DE45-4293-9A6F-7CE859A481DE.jpeg

Hoi! private matters keep it private....lucky only show hand and not ye naked butt.....[laugh]

40 minutes ago, Jujitsuka said:

I finally understood why people say money cannot buy class? But then i guess rich ppl play by different rules...

image.png.e901a20fe081776aad4c5af625504a31.png

Your friend happy can liao, as long as its honest money. The watch seem bit oversized on his wrist.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1