Supercharged
(edited)

Diamond siol, highest SES MCFER!!

Undisputed King.

Edited by Ben5266
↡ Advertisement

Where will you recommend to have the watches serviced at?  [confused]

When an auto movement stops the usual suspect is a broken mainspring

All it takes for a pair of skilful hands is about 20mins to remove the mainspring barrel and replace the mainspring.. an original Rolex mainspring can be had for about $100

For Tag heuer just use the standard swiss made mainspring. $50 to 60 kao tim

Turbocharged

As far as I am concerned, most of the automatic watch as worn regularly do not need to service, if you really like to do it, do it once in five years should be ok

Hypersonic

As far as I am concerned, most of the automatic watch as worn regularly do not need to service, if you really like to do it, do it once in five years should be ok

I was told now Rolex advise is to service once every 10 years. 

Heard this from the AD when buying the submariner last year. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I was told now Rolex advise is to service once every 10 years. 

Heard this from the AD when buying the submariner last year. 

Read in the manual. It should not say ten years. I think now they give 3 or 5 years warranty. I cannot remember correctly. 

My GMT 2 actually went kaput in 6 or 7 years. I supposed the auto winder was loosened thur my own analysis as I somehow knows a little of technical on this

Anyway, I still send in to have a good polish to make it look like new

• Praise 1

Hahaha ok. Cheap watch no need to service one is it? :a-shy:

I mean why fix when not broken.....hehe

Read in the manual. It should not say ten years. I think now they give 3 or 5 years warranty. I cannot remember correctly.

My GMT 2 actually went kaput in 6 or 7 years. I supposed the auto winder was loosened thur my own analysis as I somehow knows a little of technical on this

Manuals will say what they will say.

What happened to your GMT.

Probably the 6 digit ref right?

The hour hand click spring is usually the culprit for the 3186 movement

Ah ok. I thought should send for servicing and not wait for it to break down.

Hypersonic

i see, got problem than of course get it fixed and service at the same time. 

My GMT2 was service only once in the 20 years that i owe it. wearing it almost everyday.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Bro, 

Mine was ok but I notice the rotor sound gets louder. Thus I send it in at the age of 7 lor. Anyway I need a good polishing too. After service of course all get back like new. Anyway I only wear it in SG

When working, I got my black bay(or should I call it black Barossa as paste on the box)  with the rose logo and my Longines with 4 retrograde switching around now with my Chopard superfast liao :grin:

You are very right actually, if it is not spoil, just keep wearing it

Bro,

Mine was ok but I notice the rotor sound gets louder. Thus I send it in at the age of 7 lor. Anyway I need a good polishing too. After service of course all get back like new. Anyway I only wear it in SG

When working, I got my black bay(or should I call it black Barossa as paste on the box) with the rose logo and my Longines with 4 retrograde switching around now with my Chopard superfast liao :grin:

You are very right actually, if it is not spoil, just keep wearing it

Turbocharged

i see, got problem than of course get it fixed and service at the same time. 

My GMT2 was service only once in the 20 years that i owe it. wearing it almost everyday.

Usually, my first tudor sub lasted as long too. But I always think it is luck as well and your activity [:p] I always do the icep curls with beer. haha.

But I think as long as you wear it regularly, it should works damn fine. my Green Sub which OC used to take and wear stopped just in 2 years. Lucky is under warranty and now fees. Other than that, most of my other automatics are just wear and seldom service

My first gold watch.

Usually, my first tudor sub lasted as long too. But I always think it is luck as well and your activity [:p] I always do the icep curls with beer. haha.

But I think as long as you wear it regularly, it should works damn fine. my Green Sub which OC used to take and wear stopped just in 2 years. Lucky is under warranty and now fees. Other than that, most of my other automatics are just wear and seldom service

This is most classic, I used to have one but I really donno if it is in my Mother's house or it migh have been gone

Wah lau

Green sub wear two years stop?

My sub16610 thrashed for 15 tough hard years before mainspring broke and stopped

↡ Advertisement