Watch Part V

Carbon82

8 minutes ago, No_worries said:

My yacht master 126622.

ADACFF4C-39A0-4452-9463-A62805F2F44C.jpeg

One of the nicer YM.  
Rolex decided to bring back the old case profile for this one and it was much better received. 

Five months ago after I got the Grand Seiko SLGA001 I have been thinking of the slightly smaller and thinner SBGA229 divers which many dubbed it the GS version of the Submariner (which I already own a black face half gold version). So last weekTuesday I decided to go have a look.

Guess what I ended up with besides the SBGA229

• Praise 7

So ended up getting these 2 watches

n9Fj6R0.jpg

A close up of the Grand Seiko SBGC238 Spring Drive Chronograph GMT (Limited Edition)

• Praise 14

7 hours ago, steveluv said:

n9Fj6R0.jpg

A close up of the Grand Seiko SBGC238 Spring Drive Chronograph GMT (Limited Edition)

U a really true blue nihon supporter, from Lexus to GS.

I got a fren who also mostly bought seiko/GS watches after the initial foray into swiss watches, GS lovers like u all are mostly "make it dun care abt resell value" towkay, in a way that's good cos u really buy what u love to wear, enjoy ur GS n wear it like a pro...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
8 hours ago, steveluv said:

n9Fj6R0.jpg

Congrats on your purchase...looks beautiful, lately GS is on the up trend i noticed, a lot of news on YT as well as write ups....

I came close to pulling the trigger on the White Birch, unfortunately or fortunately pulled back...wifey was staring at me :serious-business:...then did further research and they recently came out with the 4 season GMTs and looks amazing as well.... but what attracted me was not the 4 season GMTs one of the 4 season watches that cater to only the US and China market, I think they call it the Spring season...that looks beautiful and amazing....simple spring drive movement ...unfortunately not available here....if i can travel again...:secret-laugh:

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, steveluv said:

n9Fj6R0.jpg

Congrats! Very nice duo incoming.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

U a really true blue nihon supporter, from Lexus to GS.

I got a fren who also mostly bought seiko/GS watches after the initial foray into swiss watches, GS lovers like u all are mostly "make it dun care abt resell value" towkay, in a way that's good cos u really buy what u love to wear, enjoy ur GS n wear it like a pro...

I support Japanese products simply because of its simplicity, no frills and most importantly reliability, really no choice. You are correct, especially in Thailand resale value if ridiculously low for Lexus cos European cars are deemed "towkay" while Japanese are well Japanese, moreover Lexus has a disadvantage to begin with as its a full imported car which is actually more expensive than in Singapore (without COE) so its like double whammy. 

Thanks

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Be careful of who you consign your watch to. This new grey dealer disappeared overnight with consigned watches worth millions and donors' funding money.

https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/dallas-grey-watch-dealer-the-timepiece-gentleman-vanishes-with-millions-in-consignment-inventory

I watched their video sometimes, seems legit.

oh well.. their friends(watch eric etc) surely kana bombard too.

Edited by Dannnn
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

I watched their video sometimes, seems legit.

oh well.. their friends(watch eric etc) surely kana bombard too.

Roman will kena most of it. I remember Roman "sold" him a very expensive MB&F on 30-day credit term just a couple of weeks before. I bet he can't get it back too.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

(edited)
10 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Be careful of who you consign your watch to. This new grey dealer disappeared overnight with consigned watches worth millions and donors' funding money.

https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/dallas-grey-watch-dealer-the-timepiece-gentleman-vanishes-with-millions-in-consignment-inventory

Hahaha, I have watched a few episodes of the The Timepiece Gentleman on YouTube. Anthony is a former (non-violent) criminal. Then got Marco and simi sai donno what other jokers. The new opening music is damn drama though. Like a cross between The Apprentice and a cop show. 😁 I've even watched the old show before the long format with the drama music. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Hahaha, I have watched a few episodes of the The Timepiece Gentleman on YouTube. Anthony is a former (non-violent) criminal. Then got Marco and simi sai donno what other jokers. The new opening music is damn drama though. Like a cross between The Apprentice and a cop show. 😁 I've even watched the old show before the long format with the drama music. 

I watched some videos yest and some say it's an elaborated scheme to cheat from the start, some say his business got into trouble, and a few say that was just a publicity stunt (he will reappear again).

Anyway the advice stays the same - beware of those fly-by-night dealers who appear to "make it" or carry lots of RM/gold Nautilus/Royal Oak/Rolex rainbow inventory. This industry is an unregulated one and customers bear most of the risks such as dealers running away with consigned watches, fake watches (Horology House), frankenstein watches, undeclared polished watches, wrong/fake papers, etc etc. Be careful when you deal with these dealers.

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, vectra73 said:

@Dannnn I loved their IG and Youtube. Don't even expect that to happen.

Inspired me to start watch biz!

I nv really follow them just occasionally will watch their video. you should! the towkays here will all support :D

24 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I watched some videos yest and some say it's an elaborated scheme to cheat from the start, some say his business got into trouble, and a few say that was just a publicity stunt (he will reappear again).

Anyway the advice stays the same - beware of those fly-by-night dealers who appear to "make it" or carry lots of RM/gold Nautilus/Royal Oak/Rolex rainbow inventory. This industry is an unregulated one and customers bear most of the risks such as dealers running away with consigned watches, fake watches (Horology House), frankenstein watches, undeclared polished watches, wrong/fake papers, etc etc. Be careful when you deal with these dealers.

see their history, they got quite some name already actually. 4yrs+ , to me not really worth it to run away with few millions dollar.

unless is really bnankrupt etc.

so now even when buy from grey dealer, better to know your watches well if not kana fake.

@vectra73 or like Weez911 say , frankenstein watch.

I noticed grey dealer dont really open caseback to check. they just use their scope to check the hands/dial/face.

↡ Advertisement