Watch Part V

Carbon82

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Thanks bro. Not many people appreciate this era when Omega reigned supreme.  I am also just still learning.

I think their latest line of retro constellation and retro seamaster also have.. but the case size is quite big.. a bit weird in my opinion

i have a few small second watch, here one of them

20180314_105855.jpg

• Praise 10

1 hour ago, Viceroymenthol said:

18k solid Rose from 1951

Original guilloche honeycomb dial, original hands, markers, everything

Manual winding cal.265, 36mm case size without crown. This was "jumbo" in that era.

20200328-133836.jpg

20200328-135056.jpg

VIntage pointed hands and second hand sub dial at 6 oclock, is truly classic style.   Swee. 

My good friend bought a similar one in rose gold in London several years ago.  1960s i think, really jumbo in those days.

for some years, i have been looking at cheap vintage GP watches that were selling for under $2k in precious metal.  All with this similar design.   But becos i had no chance to wear, i didnt buy in the end.  

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

VIntage pointed hands and second hand sub dial at 6 oclock, is truly classic style.   Swee. 

My good friend bought a similar one in rose gold in London several years ago.  1960s i think, really jumbo in those days.

for some years, i have been looking at cheap vintage GP watches that were selling for under $2k in precious metal.  All with this similar design.   But becos i had no chance to wear, i didnt buy in the end.  

Yeah.. the "Dauphine" hands..

For the past few years I think it was still possible to find Patek, AP, VC, Longines and GP in precious metals, with untouched dials and all.. on Chrono24.. relatively inexpensive compared to a similar Rolex in steel.

Not sure about you but I find dealers on Chrono24 a lot more authentic and straightforward than those fly-by-night scum on eBay... The European dealers on Chrono24 aren't cheap but still better than receiving an expensive shitter from ebay LOL. Luckily for me, reading the various vintage forum resources saved me lots of "newbie tax"

Lots of Omegas in Singapore tho... (And Rolex too) dials have been repainted, refurbished, etc to resell on the local antique and vintage market.. long before patina was a "thing"... what a pity

23 hours ago, Phang said:

i have a few small second watch, here one of them

20180314_105855.jpg

Nice..1815?

This is the 36mm one? It looks perfect in this size, imo

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Viceroymenthol said:

Nice..1815?

This is the 36mm one? It looks perfect in this size, imo

yes, this is an early 36mm 1815

I have small cuffs so it doesn't look too awkward on my wrist 

36 minutes ago, Phang said:

yes, this is an early 36mm 1815

I have small cuffs so it doesn't look too awkward on my wrist 

Looks great on you bro.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Looks great on you bro.

thanks

it is a very understated and versatile watch, i wear it with jeans and office wear, can't say the same to the other side of the watch, loud and flamboyant 

• Praise 3

On 3/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, Viceroymenthol said:

18k solid Rose from 1951

Original guilloche honeycomb dial, original hands, markers, everything

Manual winding cal.265, 36mm case size without crown. This was "jumbo" in that era.

20200328-133836.jpg

20200328-135056.jpg

nice watch! though "jumbo" went up in size in 1960s with the arrival of Omega Dynamic series... but i dun really like their slightly oval design... 

• Praise 1

On 3/31/2020 at 10:30 AM, Jujitsuka said:

notsure if cheap but confirm job losses and lower wage,

i already highlight this a month ago.

come on, follow me, i am MCF Influencer leh.   Show some respect. Ok?

muayhahah

• Haha! 2

16 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

notsure if cheap but confirm job losses and lower wage,

i already highlight this a month ago.

come on, follow me, i am MCF Influencer leh.   Show some respect. Ok?

muayhahah

You influencer or influenza? Never typo hor LOL? Can I ask you to gaze into your crystal ball when will it be "rock bottom" for equities?

My personal take is it will reach there when the vaccine is found & when Russia & Saudis make peace with one another to stop the pissing match on global oil price?  

18 minutes ago, Jujitsuka said:

You influencer or influenza? Never typo hor LOL? Can I ask you to gaze into your crystal ball when will it be "rock bottom" for equities?

My personal take is it will reach there when the vaccine is found & when Russia & Saudis make peace with one another to stop the pissing match on global oil price?  

I dont know when.  Its anybody’s guess.

i only know that when the Market runs, it waits for no one and it cares for no one.

OT liao.

back to topic, i hv several Rolex watches for sale, decent pricing.

Sorry no firesale.  Not from The Influencer

↡ Advertisement