Watch Part V

Carbon82

Supercharged

saw this but unfortunately not for sale....

really nice and smooth...i felt it lighter as well, maybe is the bracelet...

too bad, else would have gotten it....AD told me no telling when is available even if you put yr name down!

told me to keep the stainless GMT as well...heard some rumors...hahahahha

can Rolex is Rolex, nothing for sale even in the biggest AD...:yeah-im-not-drunk:...not even DJ. Only saw 3 DJ for sale after looking around at 5 ADs 

IMG_0358[1].JPG

IMG_0359[1].JPG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 5/5/2022 at 11:38 AM, Throttle2 said:

So glad that some speculators are getting screwed as prices come off at least 20% on the way over retail stuff.
overhyped models which we are all so familiar with.   

This is bound to happen when real collectors like me are not buying.   You get flippers and dealers buying from each other pushing prices up.  Only the occasional unfortunate collector buys and pays stupid price.    

So many private flippers and dealers came into the market in the last two years.  They buy not becos they want to wear the watch or keep the watch.  They buy becos there was easy money to be made.    Lets see which one really kena HK….. 

muayhahaha

still waiting for things to setttle back to pre-covid days. Now wanna get anything also no stock.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Etnt said:

still waiting for things to setttle back to pre-covid days. Now wanna get anything also no stock.

Maybe in the bigger online platforms like chrono24 the prices have came down? I see carousell those pricing still neh dong dong...

• Praise 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Jujitsuka said:

Maybe in the bigger online platforms like chrono24 the prices have came down? I see carousell those pricing still neh dong dong...

Online platforms duno can trust the seller. Brand new tudor bb goin for 3k - 4k ++. 

Rolex sub, tudor bb, hv to register interest... retail outlets totally empty of stock. Den y online platforms, selling cheap? 

Edited by SGCMmadman
Clearer answer
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Etnt said:

Me 2... but will probably take a recession to make that happen.... as of now better to spend my monies averaging in investments as the Feds have been making the markets lao sai... pity those chaps trading on margins... their phones probably ringing non-stop today LOL.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, Spidey10 said:

saw this but unfortunately not for sale....

really nice and smooth...i felt it lighter as well, maybe is the bracelet...

too bad, else would have gotten it....AD told me no telling when is available even if you put yr name down!

told me to keep the stainless GMT as well...heard some rumors...hahahahha

can Rolex is Rolex, nothing for sale even in the biggest AD...:yeah-im-not-drunk:...not even DJ. Only saw 3 DJ for sale after looking around at 5 ADs 

gmt s&g chio leh :inlove:

Supercharged

BREAKING NEWS: Gérald Genta’s personal Audemars Piguet Royal Oak smashes world record auction price

Gérald Genta’s personal Audemars Piguet Royal Oak has smashed the world record for the most expensive vintage AP watch to be sold at auction with a hammer price of $2,130,767 at today’s Sotheby’s sale in Geneva.

The connection to Gérald Genta, who designed the Royal Oak ahead of its launch in 1972, sparked a bidding war between seven collectors, who took six minutes to drive the price beyond $2 million.

“In a year that celebrates the 50th anniversary of this revolutionary and iconic design by Gérald Genta, the magnitude of this record-breaking sale is a tribute to the continued influence of, and respect for, Genta’s far-reaching and historic contribution to the watchmaking industry,” says Mikael Wallhagen, head of Sotheby’s Watches in Geneva.

“One could not dream of a more exciting and important provenance for a Royal Oak, an Audemars Piguet or even any wristwatch, added to which, it carries a unique handmade feature by Genta himself. All of these elements set this very watch apart from any other, making it a true grail piece. Over the course of my career, rarely have I seen such an emotional response to any horological object, both by connoisseurs and enthusiasts alike, making today’s result all the more rewarding,” he adds. The record breaking Royal Oak is unique, not only because it is the first time a Genta owned watch has come to auction, but also because the model, which was made around 1978, has the an 18ct yellow gold bezel that Mr Genta produced and added himself at his workshop in Switzerland.

Lot-72-3-640x350.jpg

Gerald-Gentas-Personal-Royal-Oak-Watch.j

https://usa.watchpro.com/breaking-news-gerald-gentas-personal-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-smashes-world-record-auction-price/

• Praise 3

33 minutes ago, Didu said:

BREAKING NEWS: Gérald Genta’s personal Audemars Piguet Royal Oak smashes world record auction price

Gérald Genta’s personal Audemars Piguet Royal Oak has smashed the world record for the most expensive vintage AP watch to be sold at auction with a hammer price of $2,130,767 at today’s Sotheby’s sale in Geneva.

The connection to Gérald Genta, who designed the Royal Oak ahead of its launch in 1972, sparked a bidding war between seven collectors, who took six minutes to drive the price beyond $2 million.

“In a year that celebrates the 50th anniversary of this revolutionary and iconic design by Gérald Genta, the magnitude of this record-breaking sale is a tribute to the continued influence of, and respect for, Genta’s far-reaching and historic contribution to the watchmaking industry,” says Mikael Wallhagen, head of Sotheby’s Watches in Geneva.

“One could not dream of a more exciting and important provenance for a Royal Oak, an Audemars Piguet or even any wristwatch, added to which, it carries a unique handmade feature by Genta himself. All of these elements set this very watch apart from any other, making it a true grail piece. Over the course of my career, rarely have I seen such an emotional response to any horological object, both by connoisseurs and enthusiasts alike, making today’s result all the more rewarding,” he adds. The record breaking Royal Oak is unique, not only because it is the first time a Genta owned watch has come to auction, but also because the model, which was made around 1978, has the an 18ct yellow gold bezel that Mr Genta produced and added himself at his workshop in Switzerland.

Lot-72-3-640x350.jpg

Gerald-Gentas-Personal-Royal-Oak-Watch.j

https://usa.watchpro.com/breaking-news-gerald-gentas-personal-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-smashes-world-record-auction-price/

Maybe ownself buy ownself?😂 Read somewhere some watch companies do secretly bid on their own watches. 

• Shocked 1

Supercharged

back home...:yeah-im-not-drunk:but no luck on any rolex....been to 5 AD, only manages to see 3 DJ for sale...and is the dome version only, so not particularly interested. 

IMG_0458[1].JPG

• Praise 4

On 4/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, Throttle2 said:

Now its all the youngsters under 45 yrs old buying all the rolexes

I think it’s quite true now that you mentioned. 

I guess age does play a part but also wealth? 
Most are getting affluent much earlier so maybe buying much younger than say 10/15 years ago? 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

I think it’s quite true now that you mentioned. 

I guess age does play a part but also wealth? 
Most are getting affluent much earlier so maybe buying much younger than say 10/15 years ago? 

now late 20s early 30s … wear Daytona liao

my time … my beng friend wear entry level Sub or Explorer … my jaw drop liao … 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

now late 20s early 30s … wear Daytona liao

my time … my beng friend wear entry level Sub or Explorer … my jaw drop liao … 

Yeah……I bought my first steel Daytona 116520 when i was 33.

During those days, really quite champion liao.

Today, ah ter ah kow also have…. Times have changed.