2020 BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44)

Carbon82

Looks like hyundai avante lol

Haiya.. Will still sure fly off the shelves wan la. Sheer driving pleasure ok! Hahaha

Edited by Rayoflight
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

13 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

Yo. But I thot it somewhat  Kia cerato ish

Kia fans rejoice! 

This 2GC look like a few model, not just the current Cerato.

171938_2019_Kia_Cerato_Sedan_S_001.jpg?f

cc_2018FOC120096_03_640_YZ.jpg

9.jpg

• Praise 6

P90370644-the-all-new-bmw-2-series-gran-

Looking at the engine layout it looks like a FWD. 

Yah boy. Saw in Google the 2020 2series grand coupe is riding on a FWD platform. Yikes....you know what BMW purist will say.

Only the higher trim performance models run on the xDrive AWD.

Edited by Watwheels

7 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

M135i and M235i is still FWD bias ... i guess 90% of the time drive with FWD setup

only detect slip then can only send 50% of the power to the rear .... gone are the BMW UDM and SDP

Edited by Wt_know

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

P90370644-the-all-new-bmw-2-series-gran-

Looking at the engine layout it looks like a FWD. 

Yah boy. Saw in Google the 2020 2series grand coupe is riding on a FWD platform. Yikes....you know what BMW purist will say.

Yea but I find kia closest, with hyundai nexr

2 hours ago, Rayoflight said:

Looks like hyundai avante lol

Haiya.. Will still sure fly off the shelves wan la. Sheer driving pleasure ok! Hahaha

If it can be less bumpy, BMW is definitely the most fun to drive cars I've ever owned to date

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

M135i and M235i is still FWD bias ... i guess 90% of the time drive with FWD setup

only detect slip then can only send 50% of the power to the rear .... gone are the BMW UDM and SDP

I think it's still cheaper to build FWD cars. Slap on the badge...Kar ching$$$$  😂

That's why the "BMW" must be big big on the engine rocker cover to distract ppl.

Edited by Watwheels

1 & 2 series use BMW UKL platform (in German language means lower class platform) ... [sly] 

pay atas money for lower class ... lol

bmw sibei huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

1 & 2 series use BMW UKL platform (in German language means lower class platform) ... [sly] 

Oh, I thought the 2 series coupe is RWD.

They come up with so many sub-models it's hard to keep up. The coupe is RWD but grand coupe is FWD....aiya, most importantly ppl must see the big "BMW".😂

Edited by Watwheels

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Oh, I thought the 2 series coupe is RWD.

yes ... i believe the current coupe is RWD

just like the previous 1-series is the last batch of RWD

Edited by Wt_know

15 hours ago, Spring said:

I don't think there is a 318i lined up yet but of course it's possible with a 1.5l 3 cyl engine but so far that engine has only been for FWD cars. Not sure if it matters to put a 1.5l 3 cyl engine on a RWD 3 series?

On a separate note, premium car brands including Benz and BMW are introducing more entry level models which the purists are up in arms against as they claim it dilutes the brand etc. To a certain extent, this is true but on the flip side; as one of the BMW officials mention on the 2 series AT and GT, it was to introduce the brand to a new generation of owners. And with that, the possibility of these new owners being repeat buyers who could possibly upgrade to higher end models in due course. Think the idea is to entice potential buyers in their earlier years and to then garner brand loyalty with them. Jury is out if this strategy is correct or not and going back to the topic, I think this 2GC is another model to attract these younger first time buyers of the brand.  

the previous 318 is also 1.5l, rwd right?

as with any business, they will want to offer more products and capture as big as market share as possible. True, some purist may not like that idea of more fwd entry level cars, but given their strong branding, this can appeal to new group of buyers who don't care much about driving dynamics and just want a premium product.

In bmw eye's, they can sell more cars while still producing the 3er and 5er, win win for them. 

15 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I think 2GC totally no fight against CLA, if going by this article. @SZ_ford there is no 318i yet but 318d, which is a 2.0L unit (not road tax friend in our environment)

BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe Vs. Mercedes CLA Coupe: Design, Performance, Interior And Tech

''in the case of the 2-Series GC, the end result is a little bulkier than some BMW fans might have wanted. In fact, that front end looks pretty bloated and despite the fastback-like rear, the trunk lid opening is typical of a 4-door sedan – which is fine since it’s the same for the CLA; but then why give the 2 GC a fastback body?''

Ouch!! the feeling is quite consensus haha

CLA is almost as big as the current c class, while the 2gc is bascially 1er with a boot.

maybe comparing 2gc to A class sedan is more appropriate 

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

bmw sibei huat ah!

Mini is also use UKL platform le.

4 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Mini is also use UKL platform le.

yes. mini is low class platform ... muahahaha

33931BA3-A15A-4098-B39B-FB8691DFE7A4.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, SZ_ford said:

the previous 318 is also 1.5l, rwd right?

as with any business, they will want to offer more products and capture as big as market share as possible. True, some purist may not like that idea of more fwd entry level cars, but given their strong branding, this can appeal to new group of buyers who don't care much about driving dynamics and just want a premium product.

In bmw eye's, they can sell more cars while still producing the 3er and 5er, win win for them. 

Yes think u r right, previous 318 was 1.5l so shouldn't be an issue then.

I also agree on the policy of capturing more market share. After all BMW is a premium brand and not those exotic, unique brand where exclusivity is part of the image like Ferrari, Lambo etc. I became a new member of the BMW family precisely cos they introduced an entry level model as otherwise, I wouldn't be able to afford. And going forward, I could possibly buy another BMW though there are admittedly other considerations as well.   

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, SZ_ford said:

''in the case of the 2-Series GC, the end result is a little bulkier than some BMW fans might have wanted. In fact, that front end looks pretty bloated and despite the fastback-like rear, the trunk lid opening is typical of a 4-door sedan – which is fine since it’s the same for the CLA; but then why give the 2 GC a fastback body?''

Ouch!! the feeling is quite consensus haha

CLA is almost as big as the current c class, while the 2gc is bascially 1er with a boot.

maybe comparing 2gc to A class sedan is more appropriate 

2GC is a 4 door coupe so to pit it against CLA is correct. As to whether it's inferior to the CLA, I would say let's wait for the car to come and then pass judgement. Longer, wider dimensions are not always better though cabin space being greater is an important factor but longer wheelbase doesn't always translates into this.

• Praise 6

11 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

If it can be less bumpy, BMW is definitely the most fun to drive cars I've ever owned to date

Bumpy then nice to drive mah.. We call it road feel hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1