2020 BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44)

Carbon82

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, Rayoflight said:

I test drove the new mini cooper s 5dr 2.0 few weeks back.. Also a fwd. Somehow its more engaging to drive. However its a driver's ME car. The rest of the passengers will vomit on Sports mode. Go kart feel so boh bian. The power delivery together with the exhaust pops was quite shiok. Stage 1 will be perfect for the 2.0l (same bmw engine) 

The clubman s which shares ukl2 platform as 2series active tourer/gran tourer was much more comfortable. 

we don't care about the passenger when driving a mini, that's not it priority.

my wife owned r56s, f55s, f54s and I like most is her r56s. f series a bit more comfort in a cost of scarify some driving fun in the original r series.

f54s is bigger by giving it passenger more leg room and the car is heavier therefore a new f54s jcw with 306bhp should be a good balance between "comfort" and power.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 10/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, Watwheels said:

Oh, I thought the 2 series coupe is RWD.

They come up with so many sub-models it's hard to keep up. The coupe is RWD but grand coupe is FWD....aiya, most importantly ppl must see the big "BMW".😂

Me too.. it thought only the 1 series kena FWD treatment. Now, even the 2 and I thought the 2 is supposed to be focusing on dynamic driving since its a coupe. Even the X1 and X2 are FWD... 

I'm not too sure if the drive feel will be much more different for FWD on such low powered cars. I'm driving a RWD and I seriously don't feel that it handles any better than most of the FWD cars I've driven before. Maybe it's too low powered that's y.

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Me too.. it thought only the 1 series kena FWD treatment. Now, even the 2 and I thought the 2 is supposed to be focusing on dynamic driving since its a coupe. Even the X1 and X2 are FWD... 

I'm not too sure if the drive feel will be much more different for FWD on such low powered cars. I'm driving a RWD and I seriously don't feel that it handles any better than most of the FWD cars I've driven before. Maybe it's too low powered that's y.

Handling is not just about whether it’s RWD or FWD. it’s the whole package. Chassis rigidity and flex, suspension setup, weight distribution, steering, Tyre grip etc.

being RWD doesn’t automatically make it handle better than a FWD car although some RWD proponents will beg to differ.

and really, street driving, RWD or FWD is a moot point.

99% of Drivers brake DURING cornering or taking bends, not BEFORE the corner. With such skills, no need good handling lah:grin: 

• Praise 6

Interesting car I saw in the motorshow. Wonder how the pricing is like cmpared with the 4 ? I reckon this is pit directly against the CLA which would make the pricing around $160k?

1 hour ago, Davidtkl said:

Interesting car I saw in the motorshow. Wonder how the pricing is like cmpared with the 4 ? I reckon this is pit directly against the CLA which would make the pricing around $160k?

Was quoted 128,888 without coe. Well they haven launched it so can’t fix any price or offer any overtrade deals.

5 hours ago, Midorima said:

Was quoted 128,888 without coe. Well they haven launched it so can’t fix any price or offer any overtrade deals.

So should be around $165,000-170,000...inc COE for the base 218 model.

Anyone test drove this 2GC? Any comments?

Price seems reasonable at $157,888 to $160,888 (after $3k OT/discount) but not sure what is the OMV. Those driving CLA may be in a good position to compare as it's a direct competitor.

• Praise 4

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Pooty said:

Hi,

Did anyone have a chance to test this car and any first impressions?

BMW should be good to Drive.

• Haha! 1

Hi, does anyone have any information on the BMW 7 speed DCT? Is this a wet clutch? I can't seem to find any information available online

no IL6 RWD no talk ... not i said one ... lol

Does it matter that this BMW has its driven wheels positioned up front instead of behind? With 134 horses? No. It doesn’t matter, not at all. For mere mortal drivers like us, I’d hypothesise that we would empty out our bravery juice much quicker than this car runs out of talent. Anyone saying otherwise, has yet to drive one.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Great write up and pics bro[thumbsup] I like your slogan "Ultimate Entry-Level Driving Machine"[:)]

Have u tried the latest CLA? That's a direct competitor so good for comparison. I've not tried CLA but I did test drive this 2GC and loved it. Too bad at my age, driving a coupe is a luxury I can't afford and also its low stance is abit of an issue as well. Ah peks like me need to stick to 2GT instead.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

Great write up and pics bro[thumbsup] I like your slogan "Ultimate Entry-Level Driving Machine"[:)]

Have u tried the latest CLA? That's a direct competitor so good for comparison. I've not tried CLA but I did test drive this 2GC and loved it. Too bad at my age, driving a coupe is a luxury I can't afford and also its low stance is abit of an issue as well. Ah peks like me need to stick to 2GT instead.

No, haven't driven the new CLA, Drove the previous one (CLA180) and it was shit. 
Hopefully BMW makes a 2 Series Gran Coupe Touring, that would be something. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

No, haven't driven the new CLA, Drove the previous one (CLA180) and it was shit. 
Hopefully BMW makes a 2 Series Gran Coupe Touring, that would be something. 

Coupe got Touring version? Don't see other makes having it. Would be interesting for sure!

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

The body shape looks like the love child of a tryst between the Cerato and Civic....

Frankly, I'd rather BMW be honest about the product; a 1-series 4 door sedan. It is what it is. Simi pretentious "Gran Coupe" name? It looks nothing like a coupe of any sort....lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1