HSA recalls 3 brands of high blood pressure drugs

Carbon82

Clinic?

Me polyclnic! Can call?

The clinic I called was a private clinic, and the staff is quite friendly and helpful. You can try calling the Polyclinic, but the waiting time might be much longer.

Bro ... the risk as quoted by FDA (America's Food and Drug Authority) is 1 in 100000 if taking the drug for more than 70 years (lifetime risk)!

The risk is miniscule ... I think driving a car has a much higher risk lifetime odds of being involved in an accident AND DYING is 1 in 572 (USA stats).

Please continue to take your meds until your next appt to see the doc.

Then the risk level is very low? So can just ignore the recall and continue to take, since non of the patient would have chance to take the same medication for 70 years!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Can share how much your HBP medication cost every month with private doc and polyclinic?

I am taking amlodipline/valsartan 5mg/80mg daily, every month about $70. If polyclinic can be had for much cheaper, then I might consider getting from there. Thanks.

I am on Amlodipine only. It cost me less than 20 (after don't know what subsidised rate) per visit include consultation and 3 months supply. Edited by Kopites

I am on Amlodipine only. It cost me less than 20 (after don't know what subsidised rate) per visit include consultation and 3 months supply.

Wah that is cheap! Maybe I can consider later. Thanks.

But I have to check out if polyclinic got this exact combination. I had been taking Valsartan 80mg for a year or 2, and blood pressure only improves slightly, whereas this combination bring it closer to normal range. So might not work out haha.

The clinic I called was a private clinic, and the staff is quite friendly and helpful. You can try calling the Polyclinic, but the waiting time might be much longer.

Then the risk level is very low? So can just ignore the recall and continue to take, since non of the patient would have chance to take the same medication for 70 years!

Bro ... though the risk is low ... the drugs are still compromised. HSA will never allow these drugs to continue ... so need to swap. In the long term, I am not sure if other similiar type of drugs will be found to be compromised.

Wah that is cheap! Maybe I can consider later. Thanks.

But I have to check out if polyclinic got this exact combination. I had been taking Valsartan 80mg for a year or 2, and blood pressure only improves slightly, whereas this combination bring it closer to normal range. So might not work out haha.

yes..no issue for me to get hypertension medication from pte clnic since i can still claim from company. Is the concern when I retire in near future since chronic illness is long term. I declined my GP to start me on HBP medication and instead asked him to write a referral to polyclinic. Edited by Kopites

Turbocharged

yes..no issue for me to get hypertension medication from pte clnic since i can still claim from company. Is the concern when I retire in near future since chronic illness is long term. I declined my GP to start me on HBP medication and instead asked him to write a referral to polyclinic. ð That was 2 years plus ago. company happy I happy. half a day eat snake at polyclnic.ð

GP refer to poly .. think u got to pay privet rates leh

GP refer to poly .. think u got to pay privet rates leh

still subsidiary rate

I paid less than 20 for 3 month supply. lab test around 10 plus.

Edited by Kopites

Supersonic

Can share how much your HBP medication cost every month with private doc and polyclinic? 

I am taking amlodipline/valsartan 5mg/80mg daily, every month about $70. If polyclinic can be had for much cheaper, then I might consider getting from there. Thanks.

Polyclinic is subsidized, it's definitely cheap.

3 month supply:

Losartan 50mg $24

Aspirin 100mg $7.20

For my diabetes

Metformin 250mg $22.40

Glipizide 5mg $11.50

• Praise 1

Bro ... though the risk is low ... the drugs are still compromised. HSA will never allow these drugs to continue ... so need to swap. In the long term, I am not sure if other similiar type of drugs will be found to be compromised.

I fully support the recall of the affected medication. Low risk does not mean no risk, right?

• Praise 4

I fully support the recall of the affected medication. Low risk does not mean no risk, right?

Bro ... you're right. Low risk does not mean no risk but then again the compound nitroamines is found in other products as well.

Turbocharged

Have anyone heard of or tried Sacha Inchi(印加果油)?

Have recently been hearing them on social media "Live" and claimed that they are good supplements for high blood pressure and cholesterol control.

Really meh, or are they just placebo snake oil?

• Haha! 1

On 4/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, Albeniz said:

Have recently been hearing them on social media "Live" and claimed that they are good supplements for high blood pressure and cholesterol control.

Please check with HSA weather approved by them or not before buying or using.

• Praise 3

"heard from social media".... Hmm try at own risks. 

• Praise 2

From Chatgpt

"There is some evidence to suggest that Sacha Inchi may help lower blood pressure. A few studies have found that consuming Sacha Inchi oil or powder may lead to a modest reduction in blood pressure in people with hypertension (high blood pressure).

For example, a randomized controlled trial published in the journal Nutrients in 2018 found that consuming 15 grams of Sacha Inchi powder per day for 12 weeks significantly reduced both systolic and diastolic blood pressure in overweight and obese adults with hypertension.

Another study published in the same journal in 2019 found that taking Sacha Inchi oil supplements for 8 weeks led to a modest decrease in systolic blood pressure in healthy adults.

However, more research is needed to determine the exact mechanisms by which Sacha Inchi may lower blood pressure and to confirm its effectiveness in larger and more diverse populations.

It's also worth noting that while Sacha Inchi may have potential health benefits, it's not a replacement for medical treatment or advice from a healthcare professional. Anyone with hypertension or other health conditions should talk to their doctor before trying any new supplements or making significant dietary changes."

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

If i can isolate the active compounds from such a fruit, proven it to work, get it approved by FDA 

A pharma company can sell it to hundreds of millions of hypertension sufferers world wide, i would be happily seating on a cash printing machine until the patent is over... 

Now why would i be selling to some guys on the internet based on word of mouth and tiagong here and there. 

😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 4/23/2023 at 4:11 PM, Tohto said:

Tiagong Tongka Ali will improve sex,  is it proven😂😂

Tiagong not only improve Sex,also will have a very Long Life like Malaysia's Dr M...but He took the Original Version,not the "Pariah" type.

• Haha! 1

On 4/23/2023 at 4:11 PM, Tohto said:

Tiagong Tongka Ali will improve sex,  is it proven😂😂

angmohs like to use their body as test bed, lot of supplements. You can find a lot of youtube videos on all kinda compounds/supplements, blood investigations they run. More Plates More Dates and many other guys on the internet take compounds/steroids etc. 

All these outside of my job scope/interest. I've not done the research on it. 

If anyhow prescribe or recommend such stuff in SG, sure kana cruxified. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3