Is it alright to pay more for the Toyota brand?

Supercharged

why people spend thousands on iPhone while you can get a cheap Android for a few hundreds or even free with contract?

It is not about just reliability these days. it is about the whole consumer experience. 

unless you're wearing those white slippers with blue strips, since it also does the job, why are you even asking this question?

Edited by Knoobie
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

RELIABILITY is perceived.

Any continental, Malaysian, Japanese or Korean cars, so long as you send for periodic oil change and change the wear and tear parts when due, they can last beyond 10 years & more.

11 yr old Hyundai Getz

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=813117&DL=1000

21 yr old Perodua Kancil

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=803590&DL=1000

28 yr old Nissan Sunny (the last fuel efficient model)

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_photos.php?ID=809798&CUR=3#photo

35 yr old Mercedes 200 W123

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=786155&DL=1120

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

Many people say Toyota no longer offers value for money cars in Singapore. Its expensive, not worth it, old fashion specs etc

For the money you are paying to buy a Vios with drums brakes, no leather seats, manual aircon, missing DRL, you might as well buy a Korean car. It has better trim level and is much cheaper.

In my view the reason why the local agent priced it higher is because the brand is associated with reliability. You may hear people saying Korean cars are just as reliable but the Kia and Hyundai are still one notch below Toyota. Their selling point  is they offer better interior design, more features such as wireless HP charging, rear aircon.

However not everyone is impressed with these type of stuff. The more stuff the car has, the higher the chances of it breaking down and electronic stuff is usually 1 yr warranty only.

What are your views?

Nothing is cheap in this country. If u want a car, gotta bite the bullet!

• Praise 2

Some people buy Toyota find it very value for money.

Some people buy Kia find it very value for money.

Some people buy Mercedes find it very value for money.

Some people buy Ferrari find it very value for money.

Some people buy Tesla find it very value for money.

Some people buy Geely find it very value for money.

why choose topic against Toyota? not Honda, not Mazda, not Renault, not .... of equal price level?

why people spend thousands on iPhone while you can get a cheap Android for a few hundreds or even free with contract?

It is not about just reliability these days. it is about the whole consumer experience.

unless you're wearing those white slippers with blue strips, since it also does the job, why are you even asking this question?

is because he/she not user of the brand sure said differently, is so clear..
  • Praise 1

why choose topic against Toyota? not Honda, not Mazda, not Renault, not .... of equal price level?

Very obviously there are some toyota haters here
  • Praise 5

RELIABILITY is perceived.

Any continental, Malaysian, Japanese or Korean cars, so long as you send for periodic oil change and change the wear and tear parts when due, they can last beyond 10 years & more.

11 yr old Hyundai Getz

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=813117&DL=1000

21 yr old Perodua Kancil

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=803590&DL=1000

28 yr old Nissan Sunny (the last fuel efficient model)

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_photos.php?ID=809798&CUR=3#photo

35 yr old Mercedes 200 W123

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=786155&DL=1120

How you perceived sia ?

For example, last time so many VW have issues.

How you perceived sia ?

For example, last time so many VW have issues.

That is because many people perceive VW have issues? Edited by Ct3833

I think its a good comparison because Toyota is well known or well perceived or well accepted or well recommended mostly for its reliability. It still is.

Honda, i heard long ago, is machiam the Rolls Royce of Japanese car brands. Mazda for gas guzzler, Nissan for very Asian crude car names, Renault for infamous GB in its heydays where a salesman told me, will cost $32k to overhaul GB or parts must wait long long.

Just perceptions of drivers and beliefs passed down from grandda to son to grandson.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 10

Lol, the reason is simple. When people buy Toyota...they buy the BRAND. Price is secondary.

When people buy Koreans kia hyundai etc....usually they consider price as most important factor.

Toyota cars will always be priced higher den Kia Hyundai of the same category type of cars at least in the near future.

Brand vs Price. Of cos u buy certain brand dun have to worry resale....

Same like Ferrari vs McLaren or Aston Martin. Some brands can consider "They sell by itself!!". Their sales people are "order takers" only.

That is the difference.

Toyota cars r generally more ex than any jap or Korean brand.

Its OK to sell higher but make sure its justifiable.

• Praise 1

A coe renewed(10 yr) Wish is selling almost the same price as a coe renewed C180. A brand new C180 cost so much more as compared to a brand new Wish, but when come to 10th yr, they cost almost the same. Toyota rocks! Haha..

• Praise 3

A coe renewed(10 yr) Wish is selling almost the same price as a coe renewed C180. A brand new C180 cost so much more as compared to a brand new Wish, but when come to 10th yr, they cost almost the same. Toyota rocks! Haha..

It is why I renew my e200 COE.. new car 240k, Coe car 70k, it is an outdated model though.
  • Praise 2

I think its a good comparison because Toyota is well known or well perceived or well accepted or well recommended mostly for its reliability. It still is.

Honda, i heard long ago, is machiam the Rolls Royce of Japanese car brands. Mazda for gas guzzler, Nissan for very Asian crude car names, Renault for infamous GB in its heydays where a salesman told me, will cost $32k to overhaul GB or parts must wait long long.

Just perceptions of drivers and beliefs passed down from grandda to son to grandson.

I am now driving a conti too. The feel and handling between say, a Japanese ride and conti is different for me

u went from japanese to conti and feel conti ride quality and experience is better.

fair enough.

but can i ask how much is your japanese ride compare to your conti ride?? are they roughly of the same value for the comparison to be more fair??

Quite a difference, bro. That's why i said its the ride comfort, handling and experience placed me on middle ground.

To either forego these for a lower priced ride and put up with the hassle of topping up engine oil and higher maintenance cost overall.

It's very subjective because of individual preference plus willingness to see the extra costs as paying for say, added abalone in yusheng. Hehe...i know food and cars are worlds apart but i am talking about how one can "weigh" enjoyment vs saving the expense. Maybe its a lousy illustration. Sorry.

Hehe...to each, one's butt feel and comfort.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1