Is it alright to pay more for the Toyota brand?

You commented so much, but obviously Toyota is ALL about reliability, don't you agree?

Take away the reliability factor, Toyota is almost NOTHING! Note that I used the word almost. Answer yourself this question and see if you agree.

Simple analysis|: cost more, with less features, with lesser quality material from Thai factory, and do not look nice. If not due to this singular perceived factor, the company can close shop long ago.

And generally it is definitely true that if you own a more reliable car, you will have less knowledge on cars as you just need to send the car to be serviced at regular interval and you will not face any issues. That is why those lao uncles who own cars are 30 years are more clueless than anything when it comes to car repair. Only when you have a lemon car that your knowledge on cars will grow. Survival instinct. No need to argue till cow go home and get defensive about it. The label comes with the car.

Reliability is definitely one of the plus point of Toyota but that does not mean Toyota has almost nothing.

Don't make it sounds like Toyota car have no features, have no technology and is simply a 4 wheel moving.

It does have features, balance with Honda/Mazda.

Technology wise, Toyota hybrid technology is consider one of the better in Singapore road. I asked the grab driver (driving prius hybrid) when I was not driving and they commented they can clock 26-27km/l. not good enough? The noise level in Toyota prius is so minimum and the ride is so smooth - at least for me and I believe that is also one of the factor other than reliability why comfort delgro and grab were using them.

Look wise is subjective though I admit we can get better looking car at that price.

Back to reliability.

Like I mentioned, you don't rate reliability doesn't mean other don't.

No one is saying you are wrong to prefer a nice dashboard to reliability - this is just personal preference. You happy ok liao - no one is going to say anything :)

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I feel amused that you can twist to say about car to world. Very obvious the previous comment was about car and not about the world, but I will not want to argue with you. Just read and make your own conclusion.

Please, if you do not understand what I wrote, then I suggest you read it again, including preceding posts to understand the context. 

I know precisely what I penned, other readers here know what I am trying to say, and I do not need to twist anything in order to reply you. 

I am certainly not amused by your misguided accusations.

Looks like we have some very anti-Toyota people here....

Wonder what makes them that way. Maybe borneo motors offended them, or they work for other car companies....

In terms of the ridiculousness of profit margins, Toyota aren't even close to being the biggest offenders. Maybe one day, when people start to look at the fat margins of ADs and decide enough is enough, and decide to buy peroduas etc with low profit margins, maybe the price of cars will fall :)

Anyway, surprised to see this thread surviving for so long and having so much interests. Maybe those Toyota-haters secretly desire for one, but couldn't convince themselves to buy one haha

For me I have no brand loyalty, as proven by my car buying history. I definitely do not hate Toyota, as I love my Vellfire very much just before. But that does not prevent me from stating the crystal clear fact about Toyota hinging on reliability to attract majority of buyers, in local context at least. Mark that I used the word almost. Tell me, how many buy a Altis because it looks beautiful or with high quality interior material?

And I do not like the defensive stance that if a certain person do not like a certain car make, then he/she must be hater or working for other car makers. Come on, grow up abit, please. People can choose not to like certain car make because the design sucks, simple as that.

Lets revisit this thread 5 years from now to see if Toyota still can command such respect. Very obviously the wind has already been blowing against it, very obvious with the number of Altis you see on the road nowadays compare to 5 years ago.

Wasted 5min of my time typing the above. I should have simply asked you all to see the delivery time for a new Altis to that for a Jazz. Used to be the other way round. Give it another few years lah.

• Praise 1

Why ask Grab driver? Because Grab car mileage is about 130K km per annum. Online question are answered by car salesmen. Even VW CEO is a crook. Anyhow quote smoke emissions and alter the result to please the EU government. That is why they are phrasing out a Diesel engine automobiles.

Supersonic

For me I have no brand loyalty, as proven by my car buying history. I definitely do not hate Toyota, as I love my Vellfire very much just before. But that does not prevent me from stating the crystal clear fact about Toyota hinging on reliability to attract majority of buyers, in local context at least. Mark that I used the word almost. Tell me, how many buy a Altis because it looks beautiful or with high quality interior material?

And I do not like the defensive stance that if a certain person do not like a certain car make, then he/she must be hater or working for other car makers. Come on, grow up abit, please. People can choose not to like certain car make because the design sucks, simple as that.

Lets revisit this thread 5 years from now to see if Toyota still can command such respect. Very obviously the wind has already been blowing against it, very obvious with the number of Altis you see on the road nowadays compare to 5 years ago.

Wasted 5min of my time typing the above. I should have simply asked you all to see the delivery time for a new Altis to that for a Jazz. Used to be the other way round. Give it another few years lah.

What u cancel out actually draw more attention to read before text disappeared.
  • Praise 1

What is "better"?

Also, I believe most of what you listed do have some contribution to Reliability as a whole. In fact, "Quality" is a very broad matter and can possibly encompass the concept of Reliability.

Metal is better than plastic

Leather is better than plastic

Maybe not for u

If one is paying 100k+ for an already low spec car, and the interior r cheap plastic. How would u feel

Looks like we have some very anti-Toyota people here....

Wonder what makes them that way. Maybe borneo motors offended them, or they work for other car companies....

In terms of the ridiculousness of profit margins, Toyota aren't even close to being the biggest offenders. Maybe one day, when people start to look at the fat margins of ADs and decide enough is enough, and decide to buy peroduas etc with low profit margins, maybe the price of cars will fall :)

Anyway, surprised to see this thread surviving for so long and having so much interests. Maybe those Toyota-haters secretly desire for one, but couldn't convince themselves to buy one haha

Look at how the toyota loyalist talk. And u know why

Toyota buyers may not know a lot but you might be surprised that they know more than you.

Have u asked them why they bought a toyota?

Or again like those typical TL, plug figures from the sky n tiagong

I feel amused that you can twist to say about car to world. Very obvious the previous comment was about car and not about the world, but I will not want to argue with you. Just read and make your own conclusion.

Well these r the common traits of those TL. Can't talk abt facts n always like to assume.
  • Dislike 1

1st Gear
(edited)

Maybe not for u

If one is paying 100k+ for an already low spec car, and the interior r cheap plastic. How would u feel

Well these r the common traits of those TL. Can't talk abt facts n always like to assume.

I have taken the following information from sgcarmart, which shows a comparison of the top trims for Altis, Avante and Cerato (excluding GT). The information is pretty much accurate - I had shortlisted and gone for a test drive with all three cars. Objectively, your point about low spec doesn't hold water. This is a comparison that any objective buyer will make when comparing cars in this category.

post-308255-0-29836400-1556814276_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Fixed the issue of image cutting off.

Edited by xul

I have taken the following information from sgcarmart, which shows a comparison of the top trims for Altis, Avante and Cerato (excluding GT). The information is pretty much accurate - I had shortlisted and gone for a test drive with all three cars. Objectively, your point about low spec doesn't hold water. This is a comparison that any objective buyer will make when comparing cars in this category.

comparebnb2.jpg

interesting....

Maybe not for u

you are right.

if I do have $100k+ budget I would also considering other brand and their technology offered.

my own personal view and experience, I would not want another Korean Gamma series 1.6 engine. That's what my consideration based on technological point.

comparebnb2.jpg

You can never convince him one lah
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

attachicon.gifcomparebnb2.jpg

Hmmm..... i am sure you made the " right " decision to get the Kia right ?

Or maybe number 2 best choice Hyundai ? 

Highest top speed with simi sunroof , got best and most  features among the 3, best value for money!

some said from Singapore to Batam  [laugh]  

Ya, please don't buy a Toyota, service center is so crowded, lesser people buy, hopefully will be not be crowded. 

Just kidding, whatever your choice, its your decision, and please enjoy your new ride. 

lastly, i am driving a  Ah Pek Toyota. 

• Praise 4

Metal vs plastic? Each has its own pros and cons, depending on application.

Leather vs plastic? Same as above. PVC/PU leather is also plastic anyway.

let him win is the only way.

i even say china voted kia/hyundai as the most reliable car liao [sly]

How can it be? Pay under table money?

2nd Gear
(edited)

comparebnb2.jpg

So you’re proving his point? Pay 10+k more and get the same features and nothing more? And not to mention the ice screen in the Toyota is the worst compared to the others. Interior finishing also worse with cheaper materials. Edited by Zedj

You commented so much, but obviously Toyota is ALL about reliability, don't you agree?

Take away the reliability factor, Toyota is almost NOTHING! Note that I used the word almost. Answer yourself this question and see if you agree.

Simple analysis|: cost more, with less features, with lesser quality material from Thai factory, and do not look nice. If not due to this singular perceived factor, the company can close shop long ago.

And generally it is definitely true that if you own a more reliable car, you will have less knowledge on cars as you just need to send the car to be serviced at regular interval and you will not face any issues. That is why those lao uncles who own cars are 30 years are more clueless than anything when it comes to car repair. Only when you have a lemon car that your knowledge on cars will grow. Survival instinct. No need to argue till cow go home and get defensive about it. The label comes with the car.

is this discussion only on altis?

i sat in my friend's harrier turbo; modern exterior, decent power and good quality interior. 

can't think of another jap/kor suv with good looks and 200+ hp. 

TS neck should be very long like giraffe now waiting for this thread to be hottest thread for his 2nd round of aunty lucy vouchers. How come still haven kena hottest thread har he must be thinking? Can see TS getting tired & not proactive. Haha.. Start one topic...tried, hit & run kinda.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Of course not worth.

But that depends on what model you looking at.

1.6 litre cars ? 

Forget it.

There are better ones out there, especially Korean ones.

Don't keep your stigma on Korean cars are lousy.

Today, Korean cars are worth a lot of value dollar-to-dollar

Just go test drive one.

↡ Advertisement