Is it alright to pay more for the Toyota brand?

Supersonic
(edited)

Tesla gearbox and Toyota E-CVT gearbox could last for millions km. You need to Google more.

Not debating with you but for information sharing purpose. I am not sure if it is correct to say that Tesla has a gear box...

.........current Tesla has only a 1 speed "gearbox" because the change in speed comes from the electric motor itself. Early versions of the Roadster had a 2 speed transmission, but the massive torque made it prone to failure.......

To clarify , reliability of a car cannot depend on the gearbox alone, it has to be its overall reliability.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

When I was young I had an electric car and it was very reliable.

Every time the batteries went flat I would just replace them.

Anyone knows how much to replace the Prius battery packs?

And how often need to replace? Every 5 years every 10 years?

:D

Maybe the answer is as per the subject of this thread - alright to pay more for Toyota brand -   IIRC,  the battery pack are 10 years warranty.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Forum newbie talking about forum fairplay.

Such great foreplay ð¤¤

Fairplay meaning one can use any features that is available in the platform, including dislike.
  • Praise 1

I don't mind paying more for something that I see that have value in it. I took a look at the new Camry and I really do like the design, interior look and space of the car, however, there are certain areas I still find tough plastics that shouldn't be there at that price point. The Mazda 6 at a much lower price point has much better materials. However, this is still up to the tastes of the buyers and individual likes are subjective.

From value perspective and based on my understanding, Toyota usually makes tweaks their cars according to the market their in. Example: In the US, they travel long distances therefore the parts they use are very specifically created for their market. For SG or South East Asia, the parts are created to be more resilient for start stop traffic.

My dad loves the Toyota brand, but I do prefer design. I would pay more for a nicer car that I like.. Haha

• Praise 4

Yep. ONly if you buy from BM.

Maybe the answer is as per the subject of this thread - alright to pay more for Toyota brand -   IIRC,  the battery pack are 10 years warranty.  [laugh]

Supersonic

I don't mind paying more for something that I see that have value in it. I took a look at the new Camry and I really do like the design, interior look and space of the car, however, there are certain areas I still find tough plastics that shouldn't be there at that price point. The Mazda 6 at a much lower price point has much better materials. However, this is still up to the tastes of the buyers and individual likes are subjective.

From value perspective and based on my understanding, Toyota usually makes tweaks their cars according to the market their in. Example: In the US, they travel long distances therefore the parts they use are very specifically created for their market. For SG or South East Asia, the parts are created to be more resilient for start stop traffic.

My dad loves the Toyota brand, but I do prefer design. I would pay more for a nicer car that I like.. Haha

Many times it is really up to individual preference. For me i like the mazda 6 design than the new camry. However i am ok with the previous camry design. Lol. 

• Praise 2

Fairplay meaning one can use any features that is available in the platform, including dislike.

He he, correct. I just fairplay use dislike feature to dislike his post because he disliked my post first. But I was still fairplay than him because I was not the one who started dislike war first.

• Dislike 1

Altis now selling for 100k. Buy the basic trim and get free upgrade to Elegance model. Free fromt camera and 3M solar film. Buy fast before its sold out.

• Praise 1

Usa have different manufacturing plants from the cars we buy in Singapore. Parts are also different. Reliability have to be seen from Singapore context. You have taken data meant for usa and apply it locally. This is totally wrong.

Just entertain him lah .

Did you read my posts properly? Did I say I used USA data? No, I did not say I used USA data. What I said is I used same nonsense method/logic with USA. I used my own eyes to see and count how many times each car brand breakdown/towing in Singapore.

You may think my method/logic is nonsense but USA is using same method/logic to count how many times each car brand breakdown/towing in USA to come out with dependable/reliable study report.

Hypersonic

I respect anyone that declare dislikes.

The one or two dislike I got anon one from the coward.

:D

• Praise 2

Where are your stats of the cars that breakdown?

Did you read my posts properly? Did I say I used USA data? No, I did not say I used USA data. What I said is I used same nonsense method/logic with USA. I used my own eyes to see and count how many times each car brand breakdown/towing in Singapore.

You may think my method/logic is nonsense but USA is using same method/logic to count how many times each car brand breakdown/towing in USA to come out with dependable/reliable study report.

I played many forums since 2003, 16 years already. I saw all forumers' technic, clean tricks and dirty tricks such as clone many nicknames/trollings/using dirty words to win a debate/unfair/bias mod/admin bans/group of friends attack one nick/real live friend to mod/admin got unfair treatments...

In your humble opion, am I considered a newbie to talk about forum's fairplay?

In mai hamburger opium, you are...

Wait. I got no opium. Itsch illeger.

• Praise 1

actually very funny, why ppl like the new camry ??

i love the old design more [sly]

different taste lor,

like some ppl will buy the mitsuoka car and calls it an art piece, i find it looks like a stingray

• Praise 2

New camry 2.0 now selling at $157,988. Very expensive but it’s a Toyota afterall. That’s a whopping RM474,000 in Malaysia. Can buy a simple landed house already

Altis now selling for 100k. Buy the basic trim and get free upgrade to Elegance model. Free fromt camera and 3M solar film. Buy fast before its sold out.

My advise to you is don't buy Toyota Altis. If you buy Toyota Altis, you can not drive it to Malaysia. It is too dangerous for you to drive Singapore's Toyota Altis in Malaysia because this car model is targeted to be robbed due to high demand.

↡ Advertisement