Kia Cerato GT Line Owners Check In

Rancore

On 9/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, teomingern said:

Try press and hold until the light blinks... I think this permanently sets re-circulation as the default mode when you turn on the engine... if you set your climate control to auto, when the internal temperature reaches a default value, the system will automatically open up the fresh air intake and let in air from outside. It's a safety feature to raise the oxygen level inside to prevent the driver from falling asleep... to combat that, just ensure the operating temperature of the aircon is lower than normal... mine is a Hyundai Sonata, and I have to set to 21 or 22 °C to prevent the air intake from opening up... I used to set 23 or 24 °C but it will open up automatically after 5-10 min of driving...

Thank you. I set my temperature at 21 now and this seems to solve the problem (for now).

↡ Advertisement

On 7/21/2020 at 2:45 PM, ennyong1985 said:

Hi guys, please support my petition!

https://www.change.org/TEY-peng-kia

Need all of your support!

If you really like these features, you do know that there are other options available in the market, like the Mz3, do you?

I dont think petition is going to work as they dont want to risk angering all those who have bought the Cerato and profit is a concern.

Moreover, if they really bend over, will you show your sincerity by putting a 20k deposit?

I use auto and this automatic opening up of the recirculation vent always occurs... and also if it's not on auto... my sales exec said it was a safety feature...

On 10/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, teomingern said:

I use auto and this automatic opening up of the recirculation vent always occurs... and also if it's not on auto... my sales exec said it was a safety feature...

Aiyo.. from the Cerato until now still the same thing.. i complaint about this as well..

On 10/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, teomingern said:

This has nothing to do with safety at all.

Neutral Newbie

One way to cancel the Automatic Ventilation is this (on page 4-159 of Cerato car manual) is this:

With aircon on, select face level mode, press the 're-circulated air position' button more than 5 times quickly  in 3 seconds, while pressing A/C button.

Another situation of outside (fresh) air being activated is when the sunroof is not fully closed. So you merely closed the sunroof fully to deactivate 'fresh air' position.

You may want to ask the Kia service advisor how they solve this problem too.. 

Today while waiting for my Toyota to service I went jalan jalan to honda and Kia... Wah seriously very impressed with the GT!

Leg room was super amazing and the sunroof is such a fun thing to have! The boot can put like 3-4 passengers (have to ignore safe distancing)... Next time must test drive haha!

• Praise 2

On 12/2/2020 at 12:42 AM, Vinceng said:

is the Cerato GT Line in way any faster in the 0-100km/h sprint compared to the base model Cerato L ?

Probably slower since sunroof will be heavier than normal steel roof

• Haha! 1

Any owners have experience folding down the back seats and the front passenger seat of the GT line to fit a 2 metre long ikea desk? Looking to buy a desk from Ikea today but not sure if it will fit.

On 12/24/2020 at 9:51 AM, Tibetmonk said:

Any owners have experience folding down the back seats and the front passenger seat of the GT line to fit a 2 metre long ikea desk? Looking to buy a desk from Ikea today but not sure if it will fit.

Use tape and measure the inside of your car first lar... you can check the dimensions of package for the desk at Ikea and match that against the internal dimensions of your car mah... Ikea supplies those paper tape measures... just use those lor...

On 12/24/2020 at 9:51 AM, Tibetmonk said:

i tried to carry a bed from Ikea and its fits well...

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

unable to connect Android phone to HU android auto. try weblink also cannot. pls advice

Thank you

↡ Advertisement