Kia Cerato GT Line Owners Check In

Rancore

Hi Guys, 

I booked GT line and got the coe on 4th December. I see some people say 1500 credit for EX whereas I got 1000$ for servicing and 1000$ for accessories. Is 1000$ for accessories over kill? Should I convert that to servicing? Some places I see people have 3000$ credit for servicing. Pls clarify. 

↡ Advertisement

On 12/9/2019 at 11:03 PM, ganeshv02 said:

Hi Guys, 

I booked GT line and got the coe on 4th December. I see some people say 1500 credit for EX whereas I got 1000$ for servicing and 1000$ for accessories. Is 1000$ for accessories over kill? Should I convert that to servicing? Some places I see people have 3000$ credit for servicing. Pls clarify. 

Different timing different deals... you can use the accessories credits to upgrade your solar film to the best quality... helps preserve the interior of your car... otherwise see if you can exchange it for service credits lor... once you sign on the dotted line, a bit difficult to change stuff...

Thank you very much for your reply. C&C are giving rikecool solar film. Is that good enough? 

Hi Guys, 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:31 PM, ganeshv02 said:

Thank you very much for your reply. C&C are giving rikecool solar film. Is that good enough? 

Hi Guys, 

Every brand of solar film has different grades. You probably get either the bottom or middle grade... you may want to upgrade to the highest grade with the credits if you have no other use for them...

Friends, I collected my GT line 2 days back. This is my first car in Singapore. The car is great so far but i notice an issue and need your inputs. Its been just 2 days and while driving I got a sudden pull back kind of feeling and it becomes normal. To explain better, If you drive a manual transmission and shift to lower gear at higher speed the car pulls back right that kind of thing. I am not sure why it is happening with automatic transmission when I am driving at 80kmph. It was little scary as it happened 4 times already in 2 days. SA says it could be because the car is new but I get scared as i have a toddler. Is any new owner facing the problem or faced in the past. Please help.

1 hour ago, ganeshv02 said:

Friends, I collected my GT line 2 days back. This is my first car in Singapore. The car is great so far but i notice an issue and need your inputs. Its been just 2 days and while driving I got a sudden pull back kind of feeling and it becomes normal. To explain better, If you drive a manual transmission and shift to lower gear at higher speed the car pulls back right that kind of thing. I am not sure why it is happening with automatic transmission when I am driving at 80kmph. It was little scary as it happened 4 times already in 2 days. SA says it could be because the car is new but I get scared as i have a toddler. Is any new owner facing the problem or faced in the past. Please help.

Your only solution is to bring back to service centre for a full check 

On 1/12/2020 at 10:15 PM, ganeshv02 said:

Did you release the gas pedal slightly? You may have caught the engine and transmission where it's just at the point of changeover from the lower gear to the higher gear, and letting off the gas pedal slightly can trigger the gearbox to change down resulting in the jerk or pulling back sensation as you described it.

• Praise 1

Went to see the GT Line at C&C. Not bad but sadly it’s not the same as other countries that get 1.6L Turbo with 7-DCT. 

Ask the sales regarding safely package, sadly no option to add on for our market as I remember that Kia has also updated the entire K3 range in S.Korea as all models now get Forward Collision Warning and Avoidance Assist (FCW/FCA), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Driver Attention Warning (DAW) and High Beam Assist (HBA) as standard, and adaptive Smart Cruise Control (SCC) and Blind-spot Collision Warning (BCW) have also been added to the options list.

The sales said, if bring turbo and all these these safely features, it will be expensive due to our unique COE and Tax. I also asked them about the new KIA K5, they say high chance not coming Singapore. 

Go Google the new K5, it’s seriously amazing especially the highest end 1.6L Turbo variant. 

Edited by Fellows

18 hours ago, Fellows said:

Went to see the GT Line at C&C. Not bad but sadly it’s not the same as other countries that get 1.6L Turbo with 7-DCT. 

Ask the sales regarding safely package, sadly no option to add on for our market as I remember that Kia has also updated the entire K3 range in S.Korea as all models now get Forward Collision Warning and Avoidance Assist (FCW/FCA), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Driver Attention Warning (DAW) and High Beam Assist (HBA) as standard, and adaptive Smart Cruise Control (SCC) and Blind-spot Collision Warning (BCW) have also been added to the options list.

The sales said, if bring turbo and all these these safely features, it will be expensive due to our unique COE and Tax. I also asked them about the new KIA K5, they say high chance not coming Singapore. 

Go Google the new K5, it’s seriously amazing especially the highest end 1.6L Turbo variant. 

1.6 L turbo is not the highest engine variant... should be the 2.0 L turbo... or the new 2.5 L turbo next year...

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone got any lobang to do ceramic coating since AD said the car never comes with coating. Thanks in advance.

Edited by sShawnLee

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just placed a booking for the Cerato GT Line. Mind adding me into the group? Its my first car and there's alot i need to learn. Thanks alot.