COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2019

Carbon82

Turbocharged

If you are single, orphaned or both parents passed on, no siblings, cut all relatives and grandparents ties, then go ahead to purchase (or take loan) for that liability which you think will bring you status and prestige.

But daily life and lifestyle, comes with responsibilities in the real world.

Although if you know wealthy people, and people who can own that brand and model of car, most likely they do have great savings habit and strong investment abilities. If you think they are just lucky and win 4D, that is highly unlikely.

You don't need a $2.2m Rolls Royce Phantom Extended Wheel Base.

A $300K BMW 740i Long Wheel Base serves the same purpose

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=779433&DL=2875

↡ Advertisement

If you are single, orphaned or both parents passed on, no siblings, cut all relatives and grandparents ties, then go ahead to purchase (or take loan) for that liability which you think will bring you status and prestige.

Although if you know wealthy people, and people who can own that brand and model of car, most likely they do have great savings habit and strong investment abilities. If you think they are just lucky and win 4D, that is highly unlikely.

Hi.. CCSSBB.. so fast reborn again

• Praise 4

we are here to exchange ideas, experience, sharing and more importantly have fun,  there is no need to be so personal with your post. 

• Praise 2

the monthly COE quota from May to July are 3,300  for CAT A and 2,900 for CAT B respectively.  But the monthly  COE revalidation for Jan and Feb are as follows :

CAT A               CAT B

JAN           2,725                2,589

FEB           2,534                2,126

while not all the revalidations are due to COE expiry, if the trend continues, we can imagine how it will impact the amount of COEs available for reallocation. 

Edited by Ct3833

Twincharged

we are here to exchange ideas, experience, sharing and more importantly have fun, there is no need to be so personal with your post.

Let him la. Doesn’t bother me. Non stop preaching about saving in every other post. He doesn’t know that half the people here is FULL CASH type. Hahhaha.

So my earlier post was laced with sarcasm.

• Praise 2

Blue-chip dividend-paying stocks entered at the lows have potential for capital gains and dividend payments. Plus are liquid.

If you are in your late 20s or 30s, learn to save and invest before taking on car loan debt.

In your life, experience the shiok feeling of being debt-free and not having to "beg" for a car loan from the salesman. Car dealer treat you differently if you need only small, short-term loan or no loan at all. You will also be able to make clearer decisions. No weight on your shoulders. More gracious on the road too.

Ain't those blue chips recommended by broker? My dad's stock turn into paper before, so please define when is enter at the lows. Its all about investing with risk using own foresight. I am satisfied with earning 2% interest using my salary credited account to offset car loan. Debt free is not realy good, i hope u understand the logic behide.

Back to the topic of COE, the supply of COE will drop deeply in April 2020, hope everyone get thier coe before that, as for whether it is incremental or sharp, it is really base on those authorise dealer bidding power liao.

• Praise 1

the monthly COE quota from May to July are 3,300 for CAT A and 2,900 for CAT B respectively. But the monthly COE revalidation for Jan and Feb are as follows :

CAT A CAT B

JAN 2,725 2,589

FEB 2,534 2,126

while not all the revalidations are due to COE expiry, if the trend continues, we can imagine how it will impact the amount of COEs available for reallocation.

I used statistic to analyse coe will not increase much, due to ample supply till next year, but i was wrong,the demand is not us, customers, but the demand is actually the AD. I was lucky to secured mine COE at 35k, it increases about 9k when i registered, non guarentee.
  • Praise 1

Mrs Teo had noted that as long as Singaporeans’ incomes continue to grow, “it is unlikely for private car ownership to be a low-cost transport option.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-cuts-vehicle-growth-rate-to-zero-9335560

The government has already projected high COE due to 0% car growth rate with growing population and income.

We have to accept high COE in the next few years if many drivers simply renew their COE.

We also need to start saving hard for the next car from the moment we renew the current COE or buy a new car now.

• Praise 1

the monthly COE quota from May to July are 3,300  for CAT A and 2,900 for CAT B respectively.  But the monthly  COE revalidation for Jan and Feb are as follows :

CAT A               CAT B

JAN           2,725                2,589

FEB           2,534                2,126

About 63k cars coe expiring this year, meaning about 5.2k monthly to be deregistered on average

Figure drop to 35k expiring next year. (45% drop)

Already 10k coe extended during 1st 2 months of 2019

With many many renew in Mar- Apr (i guesstimate at least 20k+ to 30k cars), not much left for the rest of the months to be recycled

My Coe expire in 6months, i already renewed NOW in Apr

If my coe expire within next 12 months and i have the intention to renew, i will also renew now.

5 more days of window for those considering

post-54691-0-17701000-1556198035.jpg

post-54691-0-46076400-1556198039.jpg

Edited by Johnson28
  • Praise 5

About 63k cars coe expiring this year, meaning about 5.2k monthly to be deregistered on average

With many many renew in Mar- Apr (i guesstimate at least 20k+ to 30k cars), not much left for the rest of the months to be recycled

If my coe expire within next 12 months and i have the intention to renew, i will also renew now.

If you log in to One.Motoring website this 1-2 weeks, you might encounter this message:

Our system is currently overwhelmed, please come back later.

I never got this issue 2-3 months ago when I renewed my COE for my other car and paid the road taxes.

I suspect many owners are busy renewing their COE and paying the road tax now so the servers are overwhelmed.

• Praise 1

you are one of the root cause of lesser COE next few quarter. I am also a root cause . Now driving 10 year old car is becoming a new trend. [laugh]  [laugh]

If you log in to One.Motoring website this 1-2 weeks, you might encounter this message:

Our system is currently overwhelmed, please come back later.

I never got this issue 2-3 months ago when I renewed my COE for my other car and paid the road taxes.

I suspect many owners are busy renewing their COE and paying the road tax now so the servers are overwhelmed.

you are another too cause of lesser COE to recycle.  [laugh]  [laugh] . For those who are still sitting on the fence , better do it quickly, not so much about whether COE will go up, the answer is for sure. The uncertainty is whether LTA will plug the hole soon when they realize they are only earning COE, suffering from  ARF, VES, excise tax revenue.  

now that i have renewed mine, i can spread fear.  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

you are one of the root cause of lesser COE next few quarter. I am also a root cause . Now driving 10 year old car is becoming a new trend. 

you are another too cause of lesser COE to recycle.  [laugh]  [laugh] . For those who are still sitting on the fence , better do it quickly, not so much about whether COE will go up, the answer is for sure. The uncertainty is whether LTA will plug the hole soon when they realize they are only earning COE, suffering from  ARF, VES, excise tax revenue.  

now that i have renewed mine, i can spread fear. 

I was and am a cause too HAHAHAAh, one less 2016 COE from me hahahahahhaa  :XD:

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Shocking - the 10 year COE renewals in just Jan & Feb 2019 already hit 60% of the total 10 year COE renewals for 2017.

• Praise 1

Why would you renew 6 months earlier? U will forfeit the 6 mths of your current COE which dont quite make sense?

• Praise 1

Nice work!  How about those older vehicles (>10 years) with expiring COEs?   It is not much, just looking at 5 year COE revalidation, 997 Cat A and 510 Cat B to be added back in 2019 and 5,881 Cat A and 2019 Cat B added back in 2020.  There are more in 2021, 2022 and 2023.  There is little more under 10 year COE validation which can be further renewed.

post-188565-0-13025200-1556244734_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Why would you renew 6 months earlier? U will forfeit the 6 mths of your current COE which dont quite make sense?

forfeit 6mths is but maybe 500-1k? the rise from april to may PQP is 4k

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1