Doxxing to be made a crime punishable by jail, up to S$5,000

Ysc3

Twincharged

With this new law in place, how to have school debates?

There is no smoke without fire.

The earth was once believed to be flat and there are people who still believes the world is still flat.

Nobody really did come back from the dead as in proven by science (we are not talking about near death experience), so can religion be fake news.

In times of trouble how many pray, make donations and etc so your troubles go away? How many prayers were answered? Statistically can praying be fake news?

To get to the truth, most times, it started like a fake news. Then people dig....

What happened as a matter of fact, eg past leaders had constantly assured that HDB is an asset but now suddenly, it will be of zero value at the end of lease? So in this situation how to separate honest mistake from fake news.

Scary

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I think i am going to record down all the sale talks when i am approached. Any fakes :D they better watch out

They will use words like projections , anticipated , appreciation, warranties , returns , trajectory , past experience ....all grey areas words especially where property /insurance / cars are concerned .... no such words as guaranteed used nowadays
  • Praise 1

attachicon.gifpost-2854-0-86704800-1554126029_thumb.jpg

IMO, the first row of example is somewhat arbitrary. Who decides what constitutes "to teach him a lesson" and what is "with the intention to warn people"?

For the Fuel10 case, it could be argued that the poster want to warn other pump attendants of an alleged scammer hitting petrol kiosks, instead of teaching the scammer a lesson. How do we even draw the line?

If they define everything grey grey ..... then they can flip here flip there . either way is correct to them 

:XD:

• Praise 7

When I first saw the term, I thought it is related to detoxing (purging out the toxin), and I think it is relevant, as with some big event coming this year or next, have to purge the "toxic few" out of the online world with this new law... [dead]

I do have a question. Assuming person A attempt to csi person B (suspecting that he/she is related to so and so), this proposed law can force person A to stop the csi effort? If that is the case, person B do not need to prove that he/she is NOT related to so and so?

In this case, isn't the law biased? Remember NKF's saga? TT (and NKF) once sued a few people who claimed he flew 1st class, paid high bonus, not helping the needy, etc. without the need to prove anything... [furious]

• Praise 8

Turbocharged
(edited)

attachicon.gifpost-2854-0-86704800-1554126029_thumb.jpg

IMO, the first row of example is somewhat arbitrary. Who decides what constitutes "to teach him a lesson" and what is "with the intention to warn people"?

For the Fuel10 case, it could be argued that the poster want to warn other pump attendants of an alleged scammer hitting petrol kiosks, instead of teaching the scammer a lesson. How do we even draw the line?

People are not stupid and will just come up with ways and alternative code-words to "teach a lesson", masquerading as "defensive driving advice" [laugh] It's silly.

Just like in PRC, where many phrases are banned from appearing online ... people resort to inventing code-words which are endless in variety, more so because chinese language allows many kinds of puns and double-entendres through similar sounding characters or by slight change in tone. Try to ban lor ... even the great firewall cannot make it.

For now, I guess if you don't publish the personal details of the individual, then you're safe. But can send a friendly note to the employer, concerned that his employee is behaving like that?? [sly]

Edited by Sosaria

(edited)

If regulations are in place that make certain content illegal, and someone who has a personal account violates the law with his/her posting, who is liable? The individual or the owner of the platform who allowed that violation, or both?

People are told not to take what they see and read on the Internet as total truth– anyone can post almost anything, including harmful advice. And because social media platforms are privately held corporations, they can make their own rules about who participates and what they say. To date, they are heavily on the side of free speech. It is up to the individual participant to discern fact from fiction and good from bad.

The social media platform "freedom of speech (expression)" will to certain extent be undermine by this lastest doxxing regulation.

PS..enough of sanity posting here.

Edited by Kopites

(edited)

This piece of law is even more impt now since the recent exposure of some high profile person on social media.

Before doxing law you are already so scared, what high profile Simi person ? say name leh ! Haha .

If they define everything grey grey ..... then they can flip here flip there . either way is correct to them

:XD:

affected by Tun M's roti prata ? Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

I've seen plenty of trouble makers on the internet that post nothing but hate speeches all day long.

However, the best way to deal with this is still LOVE and EMPATHY.

If people are genuinely more caring, patient and willing to tackle problems with an open mind, all that hate will be gone.

Maybe Homo Sapiens are just not suited to be the majority  :chilling:

Oh well ... guess we would never have known HDLY was good if this had been in place before....

Also that tution centre thug who shoved the old man at the hawker centre.

• Praise 1

remember the guy who destroy singapore flag.

let say A  expose his act online.

B saw his face and went on to CSI  him ,

but he never give any comment, just a purely CSI .

now A and B  got break any law??

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wah first time I see a word with xx

Very good addition to the arsenal of Scrabble players ..... but if I recall corectly, there's only one 'X' in the game set??

In this case, isn't the law biased? Remember NKF's saga? TT (and NKF) once sued a few people who claimed he flew 1st class, paid high bonus, not helping the needy, etc. without the need to prove anything... [furious]

one hand cover whole sky  [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3