Proton vs. Perodua

boonhat_91

Turbocharged

Thank you for your reply. Can you share what other car has OMV of $12k,and what are their selling price?

I understand from my friend that with OMV of $12k and $33k coe, the car cost about $60k, so $5k profit? Anyone has the formula to calculate car cost?

To find out the cost of a car, you take OMV x 2.35 (taxes) + COE

I check out the new Myvi recently. Look and feel really good, and with 6 airbags as standard. But with a retail price of about $65k for the 1.3L version, it is pricing itself out of the market. When I mention it to the SE who served me, she said the OMV is high and their profit is very thin. I was told OMV is about $12k to $12k, so how much is the profit?

About $5K or less at current COE $31K

$12K OMV for a 1300cc hatchback like the MYVI is very high - similar as the Hyundai Avante and Kia Cerato, both of which are 1600cc saloons, and seling at $81K.

So $65K for the MYVI is not expensive.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement

To find out the cost of a car, you take OMV x 2.35 (taxes) + COE

About $5K or less at current COE $31K

$12K OMV for a 1300cc hatchback like the MYVI is very high - similar as the Hyundai Avante and Kia Cerato, both of which are 1600cc saloons, and seling at $81K.

So $65K for the MYVI is not expensive.

Tell that to those who say its overpriced. People tend to forget that MY National cars are taxed lower than non National cars hence the price advantage.

Take for example the Bezza 1.0 G. Selling at RM35.5k in MY, RM70k in Mauritius, RM103k in Sri Lanka.

Bezza 1.3 Premium X in Brunei $18k, Mit Attrage $21k.

Just have to be objective.

• Praise 1