Singapore Airlines grounds two Boeing 787-10 Dreamliners

Blueray

Singapore Airlines grounds two Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner jets due to engine issues

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) has removed two SIA 787-10 Dreamliner planes from service after routine inspections revealed issues with the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 TEN engines, the carrier said in a statement on Tuesday (Apr 2).

“During recent routine inspections of Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 TEN engines on Singapore Airlines’ Boeing 787-10 fleet, premature blade deterioration was found on some engines," SIA said. 

"As safety is our top priority, the SIA Group, in consultation with Rolls-Royce, proactively identified other Trent 1000 TEN engines in the Group’s 787 fleet to undergo precautionary inspections."

The airline added: "All of these engine inspections on SIA’s 787-10 fleet have now been completed, and a remaining check will be completed on a Scoot 787-9 by Apr 3. 

"However, as capacity may be lower on replacement aircraft, some customers may be affected and they will be contacted accordingly," said SIA. 

"We regret the inconvenience caused and sincerely apologise to customers whose travel plans are affected, and seek their understanding."

SIA said it is working closely with Rolls-Royce, as well as relevant authorities for additional follow-up actions and precautionary measures that may be required going forward.

SIA first took delivery of the first of its 49 Boeing 787-10 aircraft in March 2018. The aircraft entered commercial service in April 2018, with SIA saying that it was investing S$458 million to introduce new cabin products for the first 20 aircraft. 

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-airlines-grounds-two-boeing-787-10-dreamliner-jets-due-11403920

That's why I don't buy Rolls Royce cars ...  :XD: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Turbocharged

I hope SIA registered the warranty online within 14 days and kept the receipt, plus never zeng the engine, or else cannot claim warranty.

• Praise 8

Supersonic

I hope SIA registered the warranty online within 14 days and kept the receipt, plus never zeng the engine, or else cannot claim warranty.

Hope SIA din buy from PI....
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

Wait for toothless tiger to give (useless) consumer advice like...."As SIA has detected problems on the engine, we would advice SIA to check the engines of its aircraft"

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

and serviced at AD workshop.  [:p]

SIA ald tune and remap the engine lol

SIA ald tune and remap the engine lol

maybe SQ pasted sticker for additional boost and horsepower ?  [laugh]

(edited)

IMO, this type of news boost passengers' confidence in the safety of SIA planes. This shows SIA is taking the safety inspection seriously and they are also not afraid of grounding their planes when issues arise.  

Well done SIA!

Edited by Weez911

Wait, RR manufacturing factory is in Singapore..

yeah, they have some manufacturing here but I think its just one type of engine only.

anyways, this type of problem is probably due to the material used rather than the manufacturing process itself. recall when A380 was launched the RR engines also had issues.

Supersonic
(edited)

Basket, Rolls Royce so problematic

Pui...liddat i cancel my order! I'll buy something more exclusive than RR in SG

Ok, who got Proton showroom address?

Edited by Soya
↡ Advertisement