2020 8th Generation Hyundai Sonata (DN8)

Carbon82

What a nice looking teksi..

All the teksis are getting upmarket. From the Camrys in Sydney to Opel Insignia locally. They are joining the bandwagon of Audi A3, Alphards, Mazda 3, Altis, Wish, Vezel etc just to name the common models.
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

All the teksis are getting upmarket. From the Camrys in Sydney to Opel Insignia locally. They are joining the bandwagon of Audi A3, Alphards, Mazda 3, Altis, Wish, Vezel etc just to name the common models.

Knn....everytime i call Grab or Gojek i always kena those old COE-renewed Corolla and Vios
  • Praise 2

Knn....everytime i call Grab or Gojek i always kena those old COE-renewed Corolla and Vios

I get mazda3 n sentia as well as vezel most times

Supercharged

Din see the new sonata on the road yet in seoul. But i saw sonatas on a trailer..

Btw sat on my nil's brother's sorrento for a short trip. The interior is nicer than sg sorrento. Brown interior. dashboard looks premium. Leathery touch. Maybe the highest grade model?

The current teksi in seoul mostly on sonata vii and grandeur.

Theres noticably diff in interiors compared to non taxis one.

Really is the interior of these makes that makes hell a diff in feel sia

Supersonic

Din see the new sonata on the road yet in seoul. But i saw sonatas on a trailer..

Btw sat on my nil's brother's sorrento for a short trip. The interior is nicer than sg sorrento. Brown interior. dashboard looks premium. Leathery touch. Maybe the highest grade model?

The current teksi in seoul mostly on sonata vii and grandeur.

Theres noticably diff in interiors compared to non taxis one.

Really is the interior of these makes that makes hell a diff in feel sia

Teksi in Seoul seems cheaper n their sonata nicer than in sg. Easier to get around sometimes as the metro run parallel n interchange station quite far. Only problem is the language as their teksi driver almost cannot speak basic Englis

Teksi in Seoul seems cheaper n their sonata nicer than in sg. Easier to get around sometimes as the metro run parallel n interchange station quite far. Only problem is the language as their teksi driver almost cannot speak basic Englis

Can use app to translate your English to Korean or not?

Supersonic

Can use app to translate your English to Korean or not?

I juz show the driver the google street view n google map (the streets are in korean). No other form of communication except kamsahamnida when i paying & getting off

One particular teksi driver was quite fixated on my Note 9 and kept talking about it in korean. Dunno what to say except "Samsung, korea - good, good" while giving him a thumbs up. Lol

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Yeah. Use google translate. Hehe.

Teksi price quite similar to singapore.

And comforable mostly.

Min sonata liao. Not like in sg..

With more pax take taxi best liao le..

This is how the new Sonata N may look like. 300hp 2L Turbo GDI as shared by the i30N Performance package, not the water down I30N we have in SG. 

Hyundai will have a big winner if Komoco brings this here. 

58381196_639656029811894_395319936652463

As much as I would like to concur, the market perception here for Korean cars has not mature to the stage of acceptance yet as a premium or normal goods status.

Just look at the comments on the car forum here which is supposedly for the more savvy people and yet.... So it gives a picture of the feel outside. Secondly, take reference from the Kia Stinger. Still can't shake off the " it's Korean so it must be cheap" mindset. Even without looking at the real car (the new Sonata), the spec, the test drive, already has comments on price expectation.

Edited by Alfc

I juz show the driver the google street view n google map (the streets are in korean). No other form of communication except kamsahamnida when i paying & getting off

One particular teksi driver was quite fixated on my Note 9 and kept talking about it in korean. Dunno what to say except "Samsung, korea - good, good" while giving him a thumbs up. Lol

So funny bro! Maybe the Note 9 was still very new and rare in Korea... or maybe he was trying to tell you Note 9 no good???

Supersonic

So funny bro! Maybe the Note 9 was still very new and rare in Korea... or maybe he was trying to tell you Note 9 no good???

Or maybe he was a Apple fanboy n said what kinda dumbwit buys an android? Hahahaha

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Many say look like a catfish face... ha ha ha... actually quite true leh...

Hyundai just went overboard with the big mouth design. In fact the normal version and the hybrid models have nicer grille, it is the Turbo models that went with the carfish mouth grille design. Hyundai designer just need to curb their obsession on the big mouth grille because it just doesn't work for them. The current facelift Avante, just went overboard with the triangular and big mouth theme.

And compare to their sister brand KIA, KIA is much more successful in designing for originality. Look at the Cerato? And the recently unveiled KIA Optima/K5, which simply blew away the latest Sonata away as far as design theme and attractiveness are concerned.