2020 8th Generation Hyundai Sonata (DN8)

Carbon82

Reason why TEK is pricing the 6 from 100k range onward now is coz this model is nearing the EOL stage - the 4th generation is due to be unveiled next year though TEK probably get its stock much later.

So comparing the current 6 against Sonata isn't apple to apple comparison.

I believe they also lelong the mz3 premium before stock cleared in end last year.

It's always nice to buy an EOL model... cheapest with the most features... ha ha... that's the sweet spot for me... I don't mind not driving the latest model...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The YF Sonata/i45 is probably Hyundai's best effort that eludes its own origin design and character inside out. Newer design afterwards including this latest one feels the lack of design origin with many cut and past and apply some evolution to it.

140k for this new Sonata? It better come with a 2L turbo else might as well buy Stinger.

Komoco needs to price the car correctly if it wants to sell here. If the price is $140K to $150K, there will be other options such as Camry, Passat, Superb, Insignia, etc.

The last Sonata model was selling below $130K. Even at that price today, one can get a Superb or Insignia, although not the full high specs, but these are German-tech cars....

Edited by Samlimlp

Very nice bro! Thanks for the link... the instrument cluster is pretty wow when you switch between driving modes! I'm impressed... mightily in fact...

Komoco needs to price the car correctly if it wants to sell here. If the price is $140K to $150K, there will be other options such as Camry, Passat, Superb, Insignia, etc.

The last Sonata model was selling below $130K. Even at that price today, one can get a Superb or Insignia, although not the full high specs, but these are German-tech cars....

You are referring to the pre-facelift model, the one I'm driving... it went down as low as $113,000 for the sunroof trim during the March 2016 COE 'crash' to $38,000, with the base trim $10,000 lower...

So yes, even with such low prices, I see very few Sonatas of my model on the road... the facelift model is even rarer cos the price has stayed steady at $125,000 for the sunroof trim...

Conclusion: Hyundai sales extremely price sensitive... which we all know right? Ha ha ha...

Sonata Hybrid & Turbo version... the Hybrid has solar panels on the roof to help charge the battery for the electric motor... wow! Very interesting...

Hyundai use to stand for

Hope

You

Understand

Nothing

Drivable

And

Inexpensive

But lately, hyundai seem more high ses

Just nope they improved it or at least have the g20 chassis and engine to take it to the next leap

• Praise 1

Hyundai use to stand for

Hope

You

Understand

Nothing

Drivable

And

Inexpensive

But lately, hyundai seem more high ses

Just nope they improved it or at least have the g20 chassis and engine to take it to the next leap

So far, from what I have read, the 1.6 L turbo is good, the anaemic 2.0 L isn't, no one has driven the new 2.5 L Atkinson cycle naturally aspirated engine yet. Chassis seems well tuned, but the standard 6-speed gearbox (which is used in my model) is slow and lags a bit. No one has reviewed driving the car with the 8-speed auto gearbox which seems to be the same one common on the Genesis and Stinger.
  • Praise 1

So far, from what I have read, the 1.6 L turbo is good, the anaemic 2.0 L isn't, no one has driven the new 2.5 L Atkinson cycle naturally aspirated engine yet. Chassis seems well tuned, but the standard 6-speed gearbox (which is used in my model) is slow and lags a bit. No one has reviewed driving the car with the 8-speed auto gearbox which seems to be the same one common on the Genesis and Stinger.

The tail lights looks a tad Civic, but ok, quite nice even if its a clone look.

What's unique are the aerodynamic strakes over the tail lights...

Supercharged

Aiyo.

Sometimes its also difficult to tell a c and e class as well. And the old 5 and current 5 series as well.

Though their interior differs a lot though.

But honestly this sonata has some elements of audi, civic and the volvo s90

What's unique are the aerodynamic strakes over the tail lights...

the look and design does make me want to drive one.

:wub:

Supercharged

the look and design does make me want to drive one.

:wub:

Real handsome looking.

Waiting to see in flesh.

If interior match it up. Beigey or browny. Hehe. Then this car is a winner

• Praise 1

Real handsome looking.

Waiting to see in flesh.

If interior match it up. Beigey or browny. Hehe. Then this car is a winner

from the youtube video, got diamond stitch and memory seat and access via handphone. Similar to the Merc A class.

Hope they dont "dumb" specs it with a view to sell to the Grab / Gojek company

from the youtube video, got diamond stitch and memory seat and access via handphone. Similar to the Merc A class.

Hope they dont "dumb" specs it with a view to sell to the Grab / Gojek company

I doubt it very much... the Sonata that was used as a taxi here - that generation was very much a fleet car type... not with this one... Hyundai has moved away from this form of ubiquity... they're moving upmarket...

Let's see how Komoco interprets the market for this Sonata here... I'm not holding my breath though...

• Praise 1