Six-year-old girl dies after near-drowning in pool

Ysc3

1 hour ago, zipping said:

This one confirm the mother is negligent. 

So boh chap. Still want to blame the passerby and suspect him of pushing their daugther. Wtf.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

So boh chap. Still want to blame the passerby and suspect him of pushing their daugther. Wtf.

I think sometimes with grieving parents just indulge their unreasonableness a bit is also a way to show sympathy and support.    it was the same with the boy who fell through the parapet of a shopping center a while back.  They know deep down there is no one to blame but they just can’t square it 

• Praise 5
  • Sad 2

Supersonic

"Faulting others is a way to lessen one pain of losing a loved one."

There is a term describing such behaviour. Slip my mind. Couldn't remember now.

• Sad 1

Supercharged

I'm sure many forumers are parents and would never leave a young child unattended at swimming pool. Really do not know what is mental state of the mother to leave the child and go back toilet and even prepare meals.

Even if the child is proficient in swimming, no parents would leave a young child unattended even for a minute. 

RIP to the kid. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

(edited)

I dunno what kind of environment the parents were brought up from... seem really lax in safety consciousness. 

I know people from MY will never leave a 5yr old alone even in MY condo

Most of our peers don't dare to think of that....

Yes SG is safe to walk around at night.... Level of safety is higher in condo.... But safety around water body is different. 

The parents just trying to cope with the lost... thinking they have prep their 5yr old with sufficient survival instinct.... so trying to find other external factors... 

When my kid was reaching 5yr old, I asked if can go to pool alone... The reply is of course "no.... I duuno how to swim properly...." 

But I will never leave them alone in pool or go near pool. 

A 5yr old will know how to reply... But will not truly now how to react 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Kopites said:

"Faulting others is a way to lessen one pain of losing a loved one."

There is a term describing such behaviour. Slip my mind. Couldn't remember now.

Denial 

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I dunno what kind of environment the parents were brought up from... seem really lax in safety consciousness. 

I know people from MY will never leave a 5yr old alone even in MY condo

Most of our peers don't dare to think of that....

Yes SG is safe to walk around at night.... Level of safety is higher in condo.... But safety around water body is different. 

The parents just trying to cope with the lost... thinking they have prep their 5yr old with sufficient survival instinct.... so trying to find other external factors... 

When my kid was reaching 5yr old, I asked if can go to pool alone... The reply is of course "no.... I duuno how to swim properly...." 

But I will never leave them alone in pool or go near pool. 

A 5yr old will know how to reply... But will not truly now how to react 

I hazard a guess that the family is not local born. Really cannot imagine that our education system would produce such parents. Who not only simply bochap about the kid but play the blame card and accuse someone of manslaughter. 

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Dunno how the mother is going to survive mother's day today. Let the Lord have mercy on her. 

Supersonic
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Denial 

Goggle. Not sure the correct term.

Psychological projection:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings. 

Edited by Kopites

Supercharged

Very sad thing to happen. I hope the family can get thru this difficult period.  🙏

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Goggle. Not sure the correct term.

Psychological projection:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings. 

I only remember reading before... there are a few stages of stress ...not sure if there are in sequence.. 

Denial 

Coping

Acceptance 

Etc.. 

Maybe what you shared is Behaviourial Science?

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I hazard a guess that the family is not local born. Really cannot imagine that our education system would produce such parents. Who not only simply bochap about the kid but play the blame card and accuse someone of manslaughter. 

Possibly.... It can be locals as well though smaller

Think parents cannot slipped into "comfort zone" thinking its safe for toddlers to roam around pool area without supervision. 

There was a similar case at a Mecure hotel couple of years ago. Father lapse of attention then 6yr old girl drown in hotel pool. 

Hypersonic

Maybe she had done this kind of thing before and had worked out just well so she tried again this thing again 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Maybe she had done this kind of thing before and had worked out just well so she tried again this thing again 

Agreed with you. Could have done many times until she was so confident to leave her child alone. :ouch-it-hurts:

The mother indicated that on one of those occasions, she watched her daughter from the gym. Even though the view of the jacuzzi was obstructed from where she was, she trusted that her daughter would be safe because there were other adults in the pool.

LJL.

↡ Advertisement