Jump to content
Ysc3

Six-year-old girl dies after near-drowning in pool

Recommended Posts

Twincharged

"Faulting others is a way to lessen one pain of losing a loved one."

There is a term describing such behaviour. Slip my mind. Couldn't remember now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged

I'm sure many forumers are parents and would never leave a young child unattended at swimming pool. Really do not know what is mental state of the mother to leave the child and go back toilet and even prepare meals.

Even if the child is proficient in swimming, no parents would leave a young child unattended even for a minute. 

RIP to the kid. 

  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged (edited)

I dunno what kind of environment the parents were brought up from... seem really lax in safety consciousness. 

 

I know people from MY will never leave a 5yr old alone even in MY condo

 

Most of our peers don't dare to think of that....

Yes SG is safe to walk around at night.... Level of safety is higher in condo.... But safety around water body is different. 

The parents just trying to cope with the lost... thinking they have prep their 5yr old with sufficient survival instinct.... so trying to find other external factors... 

When my kid was reaching 5yr old, I asked if can go to pool alone... The reply is of course "no.... I duuno how to swim properly...." 

But I will never leave them alone in pool or go near pool. 

A 5yr old will know how to reply... But will not truly now how to react 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
38 minutes ago, Kopites said:

"Faulting others is a way to lessen one pain of losing a loved one."

There is a term describing such behaviour. Slip my mind. Couldn't remember now.

Denial 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

I dunno what kind of environment the parents were brought up from... seem really lax in safety consciousness. 

 

I know people from MY will never leave a 5yr old alone even in MY condo

 

Most of our peers don't dare to think of that....

Yes SG is safe to walk around at night.... Level of safety is higher in condo.... But safety around water body is different. 

The parents just trying to cope with the lost... thinking they have prep their 5yr old with sufficient survival instinct.... so trying to find other external factors... 

When my kid was reaching 5yr old, I asked if can go to pool alone... The reply is of course "no.... I duuno how to swim properly...." 

But I will never leave them alone in pool or go near pool. 

A 5yr old will know how to reply... But will not truly now how to react 

I hazard a guess that the family is not local born. Really cannot imagine that our education system would produce such parents. Who not only simply bochap about the kid but play the blame card and accuse someone of manslaughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

This one confirm the mother is negligent. 

So boh chap. Still want to blame the passerby and suspect him of pushing their daugther. Wtf.

Dunno how the mother is going to survive mother's day today. Let the Lord have mercy on her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged (edited)
46 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Denial 

Goggle. Not sure the correct term.

Psychological projection:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings. 

Edited by Kopites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th Gear

Very sad thing to happen. I hope the family can get thru this difficult period.  🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Goggle. Not sure the correct term.

Psychological projection:

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings. 

I only remember reading before... there are a few stages of stress ...not sure if there are in sequence.. 

Denial 

Coping

Acceptance 

Etc.. 

 

Maybe what you shared is Behaviourial Science?

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
13 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

I hazard a guess that the family is not local born. Really cannot imagine that our education system would produce such parents. Who not only simply bochap about the kid but play the blame card and accuse someone of manslaughter. 

Possibly.... It can be locals as well though smaller

Think parents cannot slipped into "comfort zone" thinking its safe for toddlers to roam around pool area without supervision. 

There was a similar case at a Mecure hotel couple of years ago. Father lapse of attention then 6yr old girl drown in hotel pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

Maybe she had done this kind of thing before and had worked out just well so she tried again this thing again 

  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
6 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Maybe she had done this kind of thing before and had worked out just well so she tried again this thing again 

Agreed with you. Could have done many times until she was so confident to leave her child alone. :ouch-it-hurts:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
Quote

The mother indicated that on one of those occasions, she watched her daughter from the gym. Even though the view of the jacuzzi was obstructed from where she was, she trusted that her daughter would be safe because there were other adults in the pool.

LJL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged

From personal experience, two mothers working as a team jaga swimming brood. Plus kids are watching out for each other. 7 pairs of eyes in the water...makes me less worried about my brother.

grc better lah. 

Should have beedeo watching the lifeguards.

Or no lifeguards at all. Users more on the ball.

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×